Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sensormellow View Post
    Hi guys. I hope that this is the proper thread to ask this (I feel dumb already), but this issue focuses on one or two particular mutants, right? And can you guys give me like a list of previous Giant X-Men issues? Or I don't have to read them to know what will go down here?

Thanks.
    They should be standalone issues and they have yet to come out. First one is in February and it's Jean Grey and Emma Frost, the Nightcrawler and then Magneto.

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

^OMG there's a lot of them. Could y'all give me previous Giant Size X-Men issues? I'm giving solo titles a chance and I've been looking online but I couldn't see it. Or like DM me if this is too derailing.

Didn't know about Fantomex aside from X is in his body. I think I'm gonna skip this since there's just waaaay too many titles for me (new to the comics) to handle. I'll just rely on recaps on this forum. Be best guys lol

Quote Originally Posted by sensormellow View Post
    ^OMG there's a lot of them. Could y'all give me previous Giant Size X-Men issues? I'm giving solo titles a chance and I've been looking online but I couldn't see it. Or like DM me if this is too derailing.

Didn't know about Fantomex aside from X is in his body. I think I'm gonna skip this since there's just waaaay too many titles for me (new to the comics) to handle. I'll just rely on recaps on this forum. Be best guys lol
    None of them are out yet. The first one is Jean and Emma and is out Feb 26th. There is probably only going to be these 5 one shots.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

I could see this book being about Fantomex and Mystique team up to assault on Orchis.

A classic tale that involves betrayal and the council learning about Raven's secret

Fantomex = Major X + feet
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

76C261A2-8DAC-4932-85A6-65F60351026A.jpg

..and that is why I have never liked Fantomex.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Fantomex = Major X + feet
    Blasphemy...
    #MagnetoWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    I thought Xavier ate him ? Did he get pooped out ?
    I'm wondering the same thing.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    I'm wondering the same thing.
    Xavier got his body but his mind was still out there. No reason to think The Five couldn’t make a new body for him.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Ironic since Emma and Monet have similar personalities, except Monet wears a lot more clothing.

I'll get this for sure, I'm all in on DoX and even though Fantomex is obnoxious, he's clearly supposed to be so I don't have a problem with the character. That whole splitting him into 3 was really stupid though.
    I think the problem was that a lot of people didn't get the concept of the character, writers and editors included since Morrison. I know some people became fans during Remender's run on X-Force, but he really missed a lot of the ideas that Morrison established with the characters. Having 3 brains was never supposed to mean that he had 3 different personalities, only that he could process information faster/in different ways. Also his main abilities are EVA, that is his mutation, and his misdirection abilities, which means all that he revealed after he was freed from his pod was a lie, but a lot of writers took a lot of the lies and misdirection that he told literally. He was given a backstory with Mistyque in her series that he shouldn't have, since the first time that he was out in the world was when he sprung from that pod in Morrison's run. Also, he shouldn't have a mother and a mansion, that was all part of his misdirection, suggestions, and ability to put those ideas in people's heads, and somehow Remender took that as being real, that is why when Professor X and Jean went back there was nothing. Both Vaughan and Remender missed a lot of his concept by a mile.
    Last edited by Technopriest; 04-08-2020 at 10:38 PM.

Mighty Member

I don't know why they have Giant-Size X-Men when they could have put the stories in X-Men itself.

Giant Size was always meant to be annuals and not monthly with special significance.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    I don't know why they have Giant-Size X-Men when they could have put the stories in X-Men itself.

Giant Size was always meant to be annuals and not monthly with special significance.
    Hickman said that these were originally meant to be annuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Technopriest View Post
    I think the problem was that a lot of people didn't get the concept of the character, writers and editors included since Morrison. I know some people became fans during Remender's run on X-Force, but he really missed a lot of the ideas that Morrison established with the characters. Having 3 brains was never supposed to mean that he had 3 different personalities, only that he could process information faster/in different ways. Also his main abilities are EVA, that is his mutation, and his misdirection abilities, which means all that he revealed after he was freed from his pod was a lie, but a lot of writers took a lot of the lies and misdirection that he told literally. He was given a backstory with Mistyque in her series that he shouldn't have, since the first time that he was out in the world was when he sprung from that pod in Morrison's run. Also, he shouldn't have a mother and a mansion, that was all part of his misdirection, suggestions, and ability to put those ideas in people's heads, and somehow Remender took that as being real, that is why when Professor X and Jean went back there was nothing. Both Vaughan and Remender missed a lot of his concept by a mile.
    Who’s to say that these weren’t intentional decisions by later writers and not misunderstandings?

I can totally imaging Remender looking at the three brains thing and just deciding it was more interesting if they were separate personas and not just a fancy way of saying he had increased brain power.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    I don't know why they have Giant-Size X-Men when they could have put the stories in X-Men itself
    I don’t know why they’re called Giant Size when they’re really not all that big.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

It’s just because Giant Sized X-Men is a name for a one shot that has cache in the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Hickman said that these were originally meant to be annuals.

Who’s to say that these weren’t intentional decisions by later writers and not misunderstandings?

I can totally imaging Remender looking at the three brains thing and just deciding it was more interesting if they were separate personas and not just a fancy way of saying he had increased brain power.
    Because it contradicted the intentions of the original writer. Don't get it wrong, comics work that way, with a lot of later writers fundamentally changing what the earlier writers intended. Vaughn going and having him have an earlier interaction with Mystique than when he was first activated from the world has to be a misunderstanding from the writer and the editor in charge, same with him having a mother and a mansion, which he can't possibly have because he wasn't active in the real world before that issue of New X-Men, plus Morrison was clearly establishing his misdirection powers, that's why when Jean and Xavier went back they couldn't find anything. Yes, all those things have been established now as existing, but they do contradict the earlier stories and intention of what Morrison was doing. It is not a secret that the editors at Marvel did not understand most of Morrison run, just look at the Cassandra Nova and Ernst mess. I don't doubt that they made those choices intentionally, but it still demonstrate that they misunderstood a lot of those ideas, and Fantomex is clearly one where especially the editors didn't understand the story that Morrison told with the character.
    Last edited by Technopriest; 04-11-2020 at 03:29 PM.