Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Cant get with him on this. Fantomex along with several other characters should disappear necer to be heard from again

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    This is wonderful. I wonder if the Xavier in Fantomex body thing will be explained. OH, and Rod Reis on art!!!!
    Yeah, I actually wanted an explanation for that but they could have just included him on other books.

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    Cant get with him on this. Fantomex along with several other characters should disappear necer to be heard from again
    is he any more obnoxious than any other weapon plus character? personally, i'd rather Cluster pick up the legacy. but i see Fantomex's return as innocuous.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Well...I can't say he brings the same amount of excitement for me as the others before him but...with Rod Reis on art and HiX-Man writing, Fantomex could possible be quite interesting.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Too bad. I thought we were finally rid of this character for a good long while. I can't stand him. I hope he doesn't start showing up in other x-books at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Well...I can't say he brings the same amount of excitement for me as the others before him but...with Rod Reis on art and HiX-Man writing, Fantomex could possible be quite interesting.
    Agreed. We're seeing so many characters getting upgraded during DoX so I'm down.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I love Fantomex but then I've always been a big fan of both Fantomas and Diabolik (the latter being a more overt inspiration).

And, for those who care, "Danger: Diabolik" is finally getting a Blu Ray release in May!
    https://www.shoutfactory.com/product...roduct_id=7366

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Fantomex over Dazzler? What in toxic male hell?

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    Too bad. I thought we were finally rid of this character for a good long while. I can't stand him. I hope he doesn't start showing up in other x-books at least.
    Well for all we know, this is the story of how he and Charles made their agreement and it will very much be the last we're going to see of him.
    Team Yana Bachalo Fanboy Cyclops Was Right

Mighty Member

There're lots of other old characters that are more interesting than Fantomex. Why him?

Isn't he a non-mutant?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    Well for all we know, this is the story of how he and Charles made their agreement and it will very much be the last we're going to see of him.
    I doubt it. Hickman didn't even bother to explain how Cypher got his Warlock arm and other mysteries.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    There're lots of other old characters that are more interesting than Fantomex. Why him?
    As with all of these books, mainly due to artist preferences.

https://aux.avclub.com/fantomex-ente...men-1841488978

“As Jonathan Hickman and I were talking about characters for this Giant-Size X-Men issue, I said I was looking for crazy and weird characters that would allow me to play with panel layouts and do crazy stuff,” says Reis. “So we decided that Fantomex would be the perfect choice. I loved what we did with New Mutants. I had so much fun working with those characters and people can expect this book to be a lot of fun too.”

I enjoy Fantomex. I would imagine this will tie into Xavier being his body?
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

I like Fantomex and the parallels between The Vault and The World can be very interesting. I'm in

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Admittedly the only time I reads him was remender’s x force run, why do so many people dislike him?
    He is a little generic design to some fans.. but don't let this boards reaction fool too much he is dude who look likes a ninja with two guns he is obvious marketable in way some other characters aren't. He wouldn't be my first choice but Superthief from the Weapon plus program is an easier sell than large chunk of X-men especially in one shot format.

I mean basically he is Gambit mixed Deadpool with a living spaceship, people can cry for other characters to be used but you can literally write mini series on just the concept being a thief or being part of Weapon X/plus program that is easy low hanging fruit. Added in to the easy preset stuff you can do because of his background you also have relationship with Betsy, his two clones which basically two of his brains, his relationship with Evan, His connection to "The World"and probably homo novissima , How is he around didn't Xavier take over his body. He has fair amount of interesting stuff but people are going to suggest other X-character even after years of existing you don't have freaking clue what their book would look like.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 02-06-2020 at 11:53 AM.