Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Swear to Glob that every time I try to remember what Fantomex is I come up with a different story and every time I read his Wikipedia page I read a different story.

BANNED

I didn’t expect it but I'll read it. I used to despise Fantomex but I warmed up to him when I realized I wasn't supposed to like him, and now I just love to hate him, and spend my time admiring EVA and figuring out what the fork The World is. I appreciate that Rod Reis, like the other artists, got input on what they'd like to draw and characters to focus on, in order to cater to their interests and best suit their art style. There are other characters I'd have LOVED him to do but alas

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    So we have Russell Dauterman, Ben Harvy, Alan Davis, and Rod Reis on the titles.
    I wonder if the mystery title Larraz teased on Instagram is for Giant-Size. Bill Sienkiewicz, Jorge Molina, Oliver Coipel, Clay Mann, Jim Cheung or David Marquez would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Swear to Glob that every time I try to remember what Fantomex is I come up with a different story and every time I read his Wikipedia page I read a different story.
    Powers of misdirection am I right? That or he's been hanging with Forget-Me-Not.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I was really hoping for the Giant-Size oneshots to showcase artists that don't normally work on the X-books and won't commit to multiple issues - not complaining about any of the names already announced as I enjoy every one of them, but I was really hoping for that X-Women in the Savage Land one-shot by J. Scott Campbell, Storm by Olivier Coipel or somesuch.

Occurred to me that Hickman mentioned The World in x-men 5, and The World is legit a mutant controlled asset that could counter The Vault.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Buttocks View Post
    He certainly became a lightning rod for criticism of the Morrison run back in 2002-2003, which led to him taking a background role for a few years (appearing briefly in Weapon X before showing up in Uncanny a few months before Remender's UXF run started).

A lot of the hatred at the time came from people either missing the point, or getting the joke but just not finding it that funny (which is fair enough - Morrison is often not as funny as he thinks he is). Poor old Fantomex was just the wrong new character at the wrong time, when fans who didn't like the Morrison run *really* found something they could get their teeth into for their dislike.

For my part I found him entertaining enough, and I quite liked the idea of a horrifically messed-up attempt to make a JLA-style mutant-hunting team.

Back to this book - I've been hugely impressed with Reis' art on New Mutants, and letting him loose on The World has me having warm thoughts of Bachalo-esque design, so I will be picking this up!
    As it is hard t ofind defects on morrison run.

Fantomex still is better than Glob and Quentin Quire

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Occurred to me that Hickman mentioned The World in x-men 5, and The World is legit a mutant controlled asset that could counter The Vault.
    Wordl was created by weapon plus program, not by mutants

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    thats all im hoping for: a lore heavy issue

I don't mind Fantomex...I like to have some obnoxious characters around. And he can be fun when well written.

Hope Betsy shows up in this.

Also, Betsy and Kwannon are indeed a must at some point. They need to have at least one issue dedicated to their new status quo. If it's in this or in X-Men I don't care....just make it happen Hickman....
    Last edited by MentalManipulator; 02-07-2020 at 07:53 AM.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    Makes you wonder if they are using these "Giant Sized" books to clean up some of the plot holes and time gaps we've got between Age of X-Man and Hickman. Kind of feels that way.
    I'm hoping this is the case, it would be nice to see things addressed.
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-19-2021 at 08:44 AM. Reason: Bye, bye blue!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    10 characters
    Damn, I just noticed this announcement.

I try to give every story a chance before I judge it, and I'll give this one a fair chance seeing as it looks to be important because of the World and The Vault, but it's going to be tough for me, seeing as I hate Fantomex even more than I hate certain diseases.

Hell, I'll just say it. Fuck you Fantomex.
    Your best story was when Gambit kicked your ass through a door.

EDITT: I don't know why your image didn't appear in my response Purplevit, so just pretend that you see it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    Damn, I just noticed this announcement.

I try to give every story a chance before I judge it, and I'll give this one a fair chance seeing as it looks to be important because of the World and The Vault, but it's going to be tough for me, seeing as I hate Fantomex even more than I hate certain diseases.

Hell, I'll just say it. Fuck you Fantomex.
    Your best story was when Gambit kicked your ass through a door.

EDITT: I don't know why your image didn't appear in my response Purplevit, so just pretend that you see it here.
    Ahah, quoted for truth

Hated him since Darkstar

Emma was right

People here really hate gray morale characters. I'd rather read about how Fantomex went to the opera than about Monet, whose development as a character stopped at the point to look sexy on the cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Buttocks View Post
    He certainly became a lightning rod for criticism of the Morrison run back in 2002-2003, which led to him taking a background role for a few years (appearing briefly in Weapon X before showing up in Uncanny a few months before Remender's UXF run started).

A lot of the hatred at the time came from people either missing the point, or getting the joke but just not finding it that funny (which is fair enough - Morrison is often not as funny as he thinks he is). Poor old Fantomex was just the wrong new character at the wrong time, when fans who didn't like the Morrison run *really* found something they could get their teeth into for their dislike.

For my part I found him entertaining enough, and I quite liked the idea of a horrifically messed-up attempt to make a JLA-style mutant-hunting team.

Back to this book - I've been hugely impressed with Reis' art on New Mutants, and letting him loose on The World has me having warm thoughts of Bachalo-esque design, so I will be picking this up!
    Yes, there was a lot of instant disdain from the start. I think many missed the point of the character and others just didn’t get Morrison’s sensibilities. I recall the negativity on this board and others during the time. I loved his intro story in part because it also involved my fav telepaths Charles and Jean. Also fans hated Fantomex because of dark star.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamall View Post
    People here really hate gray morale characters. I'd rather read about how Fantomex went to the opera than about Monet, whose development as a character stopped at the point to look sexy on the cover.
    Ironic since Emma and Monet have similar personalities, except Monet wears a lot more clothing.

I'll get this for sure, I'm all in on DoX and even though Fantomex is obnoxious, he's clearly supposed to be so I don't have a problem with the character. That whole splitting him into 3 was really stupid though.

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

Hi guys. I hope that this is the proper thread to ask this (I feel dumb already), but this issue focuses on one or two particular mutants, right? And can you guys give me like a list of previous Giant X-Men issues? Or I don't have to read them to know what will go down here?

Thanks.