Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Westbats View Post
    It felt like Morrison was the one to shake up the status quo with Batman and Robin Reborn, and that Snyder and King (Superheavy and City of Bane respectively) both used changes in the status quo to tell stories about why the status quo should be maintained (Dick becoming Batman versus Jim Gordon and Flashpoint Thomas Wayne).

Depends on whether or not it's a jump-cut to X years later. But if it is, I could see a couple things changing off panel and then writers circling back during their run. Honestly if you had asked me who would be most likely to settle down that during Seeley's Nightwing run I would have said Dick, but I can't really see anyone settling down now as it is. If there are changes, they might be (and I hope):
    • Dick Grayson enters the Bludhaven Police Department
    • Jason Todd continuing to mentor young metahumans in the DCU
    • Tim Drake working cold cases, maybe part-time university student (pickng up from Tynion's Detective run)
    • Cassandra once again being called the One Who Is All by the League of Assassins, while acting as Batgirl
    • Stephanie being a part-time university student, while acting as Batgirl
    • Barbara either coming back to Gordon Clean Energy and acting as CEO, acting as Oracle, or enters the Gotham City Police Department, all while the Birds of Prey are brought back to be a force within the DCU
    • Damian becoming CEO of Wayne Enterprises, though maybe a greater change would him wanting a simpler life maybe?
    • Duke being a university student, maybe see the return of his parent's health
    • Luke's company possibly buying out a portion of Wayne Industry's R&D, Lucius is brought into the fold of Foxtech
    • Jean-Paul becoming the head of Order of St. Dumas
    • Kate marrying Renee (probably off panel)
    • Harper returns in a supporting role (I'm allowed to hope)
    • Jim Gordon retiring, and Bullock actually continuing to be the GCPD's Commissioner.
    I imagine the Birds of Prey being a bigger presence in the DCU will likely be spurred on by the success of the movie (and by all accounts, it seems to be easily reaching those heights).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    I imagine the Birds of Prey being a bigger presence in the DCU will likely be spurred on by the success of the movie (and by all accounts, it seems to be easily reaching those heights).
    The movie is not a success. It's bombing this weekend apparently.

It felt like Morrison was the one to shake up the status quo with Batman and Robin Reborn, and that Snyder and King (Superheavy and City of Bane respectively) both used changes in the status quo to tell stories about why the status quo should be maintained (Dick becoming Batman versus Jim Gordon and Flashpoint Thomas Wayne).
    the thing is I don't think Superheavy or City of Bane were status quo changes, they were just things that happened for a specific story that were always meant to be temporary, like the current Ric Grayson & Team Nightwing storyline in Nightwing. and like fans are doing now, people were too quick to flip their **** and started saying they were meant to be statis quo shifts that DC "walked back". I'm not a fan of Morrison personally but I do appreciate that he was one of the last times DC allowed the status quo to tangibly change, and he did it effectively while making it feel natural.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Honestly a lot of good thoughts in this thread. If I was to be honest on what I actually want to see, it’d probably if by reestablishing “everything” and aging up probably both Catwoman and Batman, that they would attempt to have a Helena Wayne return. Kind of as if she’s just been lost to the universe and by fixing it she’s back or it somehow brings her back.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Depends on whether or not it's a jump-cut to X years later. But if it is, I could see a couple things changing off panel and then writers circling back during their run. Honestly if you had asked me who would be most likely to settle down that during Seeley's Nightwing run I would have said Dick, but I can't really see anyone settling down now as it is.
    Yeah, originally I thought it was just going to be new people taking over without any big time skip. But I've seen so many comments on a time skip that I started to wonder. I could see DC being a little risky if there is a jump. Having a character date someone new as a surprise, maybe even have someone look like their in an odd situation to have a "how did we get here" story.

If there isn't a time skip then it might be connected to whatever the storylines leading up to it. Red Hood is teaching meta students and solicits have him going after the Untitled. So maybe those storylines will continue and keep the characters busy when the change happens. Maybe injuries happen, or someone retires. But if there's a big gap in time there feels like there should be some big moments.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    the thing is I don't think Superheavy or City of Bane were status quo changes, they were just things that happened for a specific story that were always meant to be temporary, like the current Ric Grayson & Team Nightwing storyline in Nightwing. and like fans are doing now, people were too quick to flip their **** and started saying they were meant to be statis quo shifts that DC "walked back". I'm not a fan of Morrison personally but I do appreciate that he was one of the last times DC allowed the status quo to tangibly change, and he did it effectively while making it feel natural.
    But even some of what Morrison did was walked back from aside from Damian, so I think at least if a change to a major character impacts their title as well as other books, it counts as a status quo change.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    The movie is not a success. It's bombing this weekend apparently.
    Was Shazam a bomb? BOP is performing along the same lines plus Harley's animated series was a breakout success and a critical smash. She's got 2 comics that out sold batman and performed like events comics.

I bet we'll get another BOP if Margot wants it. So far Her, Phoenix, Gal and Jason have been the only bankable stars of the the entire DCEU

It's best to wait until you have more than one week's figures before you declare a movie a bomb.

I think we'll have a BVS situation here if the movie bombs the franchise any everyone who was in the movie is burnt aside from Harley who's pretty much as teflon coated as batman at this point.

the status quo changes we don't know I mean 5G is the 5th gen I don't see DC replaceing ALL it's heroes who should be too old to fight or dead if the real time ageing is really going into effect.

The BOp and teams like that would end up looking like

White Rabbit was much younger than Harley and co so if she's looking like this then lord knows.

i'm done speculating on 5G till we know what it's about
    Last edited by Fergus; 02-10-2020 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by E.Marie View Post
    Yeah, originally I thought it was just going to be new people taking over without any big time skip. But I've seen so many comments on a time skip that I started to wonder. I could see DC being a little risky if there is a jump. Having a character date someone new as a surprise, maybe even have someone look like their in an odd situation to have a "how did we get here" story.

If there isn't a time skip then it might be connected to whatever the storylines leading up to it. Red Hood is teaching meta students and solicits have him going after the Untitled. So maybe those storylines will continue and keep the characters busy when the change happens. Maybe injuries happen, or someone retires. But if there's a big gap in time there feels like there should be some big moments.
    It's not a timeskip. It's supposedly events being pushed back in time, largely eliminating the sliding timescale. The previously 15 year modern history of DC superheroes becomes 60 years since World War II. That means older generations age up but the current kids (the new characters from Teen Titans and Young Justice fro example) are unaffected.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The status quo change needs to be the Group editor, who has been in charge of the debacle that have been the batbooks the last 2 years. Who as far as I know, has zero interaction with the community, doesn’t do interviews, and doesn’t hype books.

Five one-shots coming:
    https://www.newsarama.com/49033-gene...teries-dc.html
    May: Generation One, Age of Mysteries (Golden Age)
    June: Generation Two, Age of the Metahuman (Silver Age)
    July: Generation Three, Age of Crisis (post-Crisis era)
    August: Generation Four, Age of Rebirth (modern era)
    September: Generation Five, Age of Tomorrow (future)

In brackets, how it probably mostly divides up (there are exceptions - Batman and Superman are part of Gen 2 for instance).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

So in the end, the timeline was real. And somehow, it fits with Johns different earths.

Huh.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Five one-shots coming:
    https://www.newsarama.com/49033-gene...teries-dc.html
    May: Generation One, Age of Mysteries (Golden Age)
    June: Generation Two, Age of the Metahuman (Silver Age)
    July: Generation Three, Age of Crisis (post-Crisis era)
    August: Generation Four, Age of Rebirth (modern era)
    September: Generation Five, Age of Tomorrow (future)

In brackets, how it probably mostly divides up (there are exceptions - Batman and Superman are part of Gen 2 for instance).
    I’m gonna guess that the Lucius Fox involvement in the Generations series is gonna lead into Luke Fox Batman somehow.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.