Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 111
  1. #76
    Astonishing Member Beetle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    X-Men has explicitly been about done-in-ones since Dawn of X began. I don't know why people expected #6 to be an exception to that.
    The New Mutants are bringing some Brood and Shi'ar nonsense back with them from space. That seems to be a two-parter

  2. #77
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,666

    Default

    At a wager I’m guessing Xavier and Erik aren’t foolish enough to think Orchis would be fully destroyed, so how better to keep tabs than making sure they retreat with all their data on sentinels and proto-novissima to somewhere they already have ears

  3. #78
    Extraordinary Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    It's not about serialzed storytelling or not. It's about having three characters taken off the board without resolution of the plot in a story that MAY be picked up in some other book, while the book the plot was began with suddenly veers off on an unrelated tangent. Maybe. Assuming editorial direction doesn't suddenly change first because it's not like that has NEVER happened before. /s
    X-Men has been working like this since the Claremont days, more or less. Where have we gotten confirmation that this will for sure not be resolved in the main book? Issue #5 was already following up on something in #1.
    Every issue of X-Men so far has been a clear set up for a future subplot. it's too early for any of their resolutions, be it in the main book or elsewhere. And yes, editorial direction could suddenly change that, but that's not easy to predict. And it's not fair to have authors wrap up stories quicker than they want or not play the long game at all for fear of what MIGHT happen.

  4. #79
    Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Americana
    Posts
    4,794

    Default

    Dis gon be gud
    Last edited by AbnormallyNormal; 02-07-2020 at 10:40 AM.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

    OBEY

  5. #80
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    2,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    X-Men has been working like this since the Claremont days, more or less. Where have we gotten confirmation that this will for sure not be resolved in the main book? Issue #5 was already following up on something in #1.
    Every issue of X-Men so far has been a clear set up for a future subplot. it's too early for any of their resolutions, be it in the main book or elsewhere. And yes, editorial direction could suddenly change that, but that's not easy to predict. And it's not fair to have authors wrap up stories quicker than they want or not play the long game at all for fear of what MIGHT happen.
    Yeah...
    It's like talking into wind...a wind of "What-ifs" and "Maybes"
    ...and certainly not worth the effort or energy.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Krakoa, FOREVER!!!

  6. #81
    Incredible Member houndsofluv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    835

    Default

    I feel like I've been ready for this forever. so surreal its finally coming.

    I would absolutely DIE for an issue where the winter council goes back to orchis forge. imagine the dynamic! too juicy

    anyone know who's on art duties this issue? kind of reminds me of Kudranski's style on FA

  7. #82
    Ultimate Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    12,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    I feel like I've been ready for this forever. so surreal its finally coming.

    I would absolutely DIE for an issue where the winter council goes back to orchis forge. imagine the dynamic! too juicy

    anyone know who's on art duties this issue? kind of reminds me of Kudranski's style on FA
    An issue devoted to disney gay Mr. Sinister, 90s saintly Exodus, and chaotic femme fatale Mystique????’Yes PLEASE.

  8. #83
    Mighty Member Hulkout42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    More Mystique can only help this series. Usually, it's only a matter of time before Mystique does something that royally screws up the X-Men's goals. It's just a matter of how much fun she has along the way.
    I think, just this once, I want her to screw things up because frankly what I am most waiting for is when she finds out Moira, Xavier, and Lensherr screwed her over and she makes her displeasure known before bringing Destiny back somehow.

  9. #84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I think, just this once, I want her to screw things up because frankly what I am most waiting for is when she finds out Moira, Xavier, and Lensherr screwed her over and she makes her displeasure known before bringing Destiny back somehow.
    Yeah, I'm waiting for that moment too. The setup is there. It's a given that Mystique isn't going to be patient with them. And even if Destiny is somehow brought back, then that'll expose some of the dirty secrets that Xavier and Moira have been keeping. Mystique will find a way to exploit that. She always does. And it's usually a spectacle to behold.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!


    Or if you want, check out my official publishing blog.

  10. #85
    Astonishing Member Ferro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    2,135

    Default

    for all the step up stuff introduced in hoxpox have been somewhat expanded upon already:
    orchis right in issue 1
    arrako in issue 2 and excalibur inderectly.
    post humans in x-men children story and x-force.

  11. #86
    Ultimate Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    11,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I think, just this once, I want her to screw things up because frankly what I am most waiting for is when she finds out Moira, Xavier, and Lensherr screwed her over and she makes her displeasure known before bringing Destiny back somehow.
    Yes, Fire on the playground!! Mistique is alread not trustworthy but now she have all reasons to betray krakoa

  12. #87
    Proud Krakoan Jbenito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    3,457

    Default

    During today's X-Men Monday about Rogue and Gambit, Mystique came up:

    Kelly: Mystique sidebar–you and I were talking earlier about how much we both loved X-Men #6–I think we both admitted to screaming with glee at a certain panel/line. Mystique fans are finally getting fed! Wooo!

    Tini: Oh hell yes. HELL YES.
    Boop! Krakoa forever!

  13. #88
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    31

    Default

    From the previews and discussion here, this suddenly reminded me of the last fewpanels in X-Men 1
    3289A616-98BD-431F-88D8-68A4D1E9901E.jpg

  14. #89
    Proud Krakoan Jbenito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    3,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mapangahas View Post
    From the previews and discussion here, this suddenly reminded me of the last fewpanels in X-Men 1
    3289A616-98BD-431F-88D8-68A4D1E9901E.jpg
    Yup! Another intriguing plot point to be explored. So much juiciness!
    Boop! Krakoa forever!

  15. #90
    Embrace the Fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,383

    Default

    Loving the fact that Xavier and Magneto's entire "plan" seemingly rides on Orchis not having security cameras and/or not bothering to investigate Mystique's inexplicable detour, lol.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •