Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

BANNED

So I guess the Vault plot is just being dropped?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Never to be mentioned again just like Arakko, Orchis and Hordeculture. Typical Hickman!

Oh wow, Magneto and Xavier wanted Mystique to plant the Krakoa flower on the Orchis base

Love the subtleties in the initial House of X books where you can tell something was off with Mystique but just enough that it could’ve easily been a quirk/Mystique just being Mystique.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Never to be mentioned again just like Arakko, Orchis and Hordeculture. Typical Hickman!
    Still don’t understand why the “one-in-done stories to set up future plot lines” is still getting questioned at this point.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Love the subtleties in the initial House of X books where you can tell something was off with Mystique but just enough that it could’ve easily been a quirk/Mystique just being Mystique.

Still don’t understand why the “one-in-done stories to set up future plot lines” is still getting questioned at this point.
    I know, right? It's not as though they'll never, ever be picked up, ever again.
    In this, HiX-Man is channeling Claremont, the master of seeding ongoing plot lines to be resolved over years.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

if we look at the tables like they are the fae courts, the seelie court : spring/summer, were the good fae
    while the unseelie court: winter/auttum, were the agressive, malicious and most vicious of the fae, and considering mutants recent conection to nature and magic, their diverse supernatural traits, they arent that distant from Fae

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    In this, HiX-Man is channeling Claremont, the master of seeding ongoing plot lines to be resolved over years.
    Well, Claremont had an "A" plot then the seeding were "B" or even "C" level. With X-Men, the "A" plot is only seeding. I don't know if the plan is for Hickman to go back or others to pick them up for a full arc. It's a very different approach to just have 6 issues of building out enemies and threats.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I know, right? It's not as though they'll never, ever be picked up, ever again.
    Claremont didn't needed a lot of one and dones to do that

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    This has been the most frustrating aspect of fan responses to X-men. Each issue of X-men picks up a different thread from the very dense HoX/PoX and moves it forward slightly. This reminds readers of what has been set up while creating the feeling of a status quo. These plots aren't forgotten, but they're not going to be resolved quickly one after another like it seems fans want for some reason.

Are fans just used to reading wikis about older X-men stories that they don't care about how stories are actually told?

This preview connects to a scene we saw 5 months ago, so we know he's not dropping plots.

I thought exactly as Tycon did. The scene above could have been nothing, just Raven creeping around but it was just odd enough. In Hickman I trust.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Are fans just used to reading wikis about older X-men stories that they don't care about how stories are actually told?
    I think fans know, just probably annoyed that their favorite may not appear two issues in a row.

Now I'm curious if Winter harvest means they want Raven to go back.
    Last edited by JB; 02-06-2020 at 02:39 PM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Yeah I was kind of hoping that would be picked up with this issue. I understand hickman likes to world build in the long term, but there's also nothing wrong with having a story continue on to a second issue. Though it seems he will be doing that with the brood related issuees in April.

Astonishing Member

Hickman left hank pym for 3 years in limbo, percy said thell apper in xforce and wolverine I'm hoping the summer event brings them out

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Hickman left hank pym for 3 years in limbo, percy said thell apper in xforce and wolverine I'm hoping the summer event brings them out
    it may take some time to get the vault storyline again. I already expected this to happen

Orchis was always for me the big enemy in this new arc, i like that they are again working with that plot.