Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    X-Men has explicitly been about done-in-ones since Dawn of X began. I don't know why people expected #6 to be an exception to that.
    The New Mutants are bringing some Brood and Shi'ar nonsense back with them from space. That seems to be a two-parter

Astonishing Member

At a wager I’m guessing Xavier and Erik aren’t foolish enough to think Orchis would be fully destroyed, so how better to keep tabs than making sure they retreat with all their data on sentinels and proto-novissima to somewhere they already have ears

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    It's not about serialzed storytelling or not. It's about having three characters taken off the board without resolution of the plot in a story that MAY be picked up in some other book, while the book the plot was began with suddenly veers off on an unrelated tangent. Maybe. Assuming editorial direction doesn't suddenly change first because it's not like that has NEVER happened before. /s
    X-Men has been working like this since the Claremont days, more or less. Where have we gotten confirmation that this will for sure not be resolved in the main book? Issue #5 was already following up on something in #1.
    Every issue of X-Men so far has been a clear set up for a future subplot. it's too early for any of their resolutions, be it in the main book or elsewhere. And yes, editorial direction could suddenly change that, but that's not easy to predict. And it's not fair to have authors wrap up stories quicker than they want or not play the long game at all for fear of what MIGHT happen.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Dis gon be gud
    Last edited by AbnormallyNormal; 02-07-2020 at 10:40 AM.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    X-Men has been working like this since the Claremont days, more or less. Where have we gotten confirmation that this will for sure not be resolved in the main book? Issue #5 was already following up on something in #1.
    Every issue of X-Men so far has been a clear set up for a future subplot. it's too early for any of their resolutions, be it in the main book or elsewhere. And yes, editorial direction could suddenly change that, but that's not easy to predict. And it's not fair to have authors wrap up stories quicker than they want or not play the long game at all for fear of what MIGHT happen.
    Yeah...
    It's like talking into wind...a wind of "What-ifs" and "Maybes"
    ...and certainly not worth the effort or energy.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I feel like I've been ready for this forever. so surreal its finally coming.

I would absolutely DIE for an issue where the winter council goes back to orchis forge. imagine the dynamic! too juicy

anyone know who's on art duties this issue? kind of reminds me of Kudranski's style on FA

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    I feel like I've been ready for this forever. so surreal its finally coming.

I would absolutely DIE for an issue where the winter council goes back to orchis forge. imagine the dynamic! too juicy

anyone know who's on art duties this issue? kind of reminds me of Kudranski's style on FA
    An issue devoted to disney gay Mr. Sinister, 90s saintly Exodus, and chaotic femme fatale Mystique????’Yes PLEASE.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    More Mystique can only help this series. Usually, it's only a matter of time before Mystique does something that royally screws up the X-Men's goals. It's just a matter of how much fun she has along the way.
    I think, just this once, I want her to screw things up because frankly what I am most waiting for is when she finds out Moira, Xavier, and Lensherr screwed her over and she makes her displeasure known before bringing Destiny back somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I think, just this once, I want her to screw things up because frankly what I am most waiting for is when she finds out Moira, Xavier, and Lensherr screwed her over and she makes her displeasure known before bringing Destiny back somehow.
    Yeah, I'm waiting for that moment too. The setup is there. It's a given that Mystique isn't going to be patient with them. And even if Destiny is somehow brought back, then that'll expose some of the dirty secrets that Xavier and Moira have been keeping. Mystique will find a way to exploit that. She always does. And it's usually a spectacle to behold.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

for all the step up stuff introduced in hoxpox have been somewhat expanded upon already:
    orchis right in issue 1
    arrako in issue 2 and excalibur inderectly.
    post humans in x-men children story and x-force.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Yes, Fire on the playground!! Mistique is alread not trustworthy but now she have all reasons to betray krakoa

During today's X-Men Monday about Rogue and Gambit, Mystique came up:

Kelly: Mystique sidebar–you and I were talking earlier about how much we both loved X-Men #6–I think we both admitted to screaming with glee at a certain panel/line. Mystique fans are finally getting fed! Wooo!

Tini: Oh hell yes. HELL YES.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Amazing Member

From the previews and discussion here, this suddenly reminded me of the last fewpanels in X-Men 1
    3289A616-98BD-431F-88D8-68A4D1E9901E.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mapangahas View Post
    From the previews and discussion here, this suddenly reminded me of the last fewpanels in X-Men 1
    3289A616-98BD-431F-88D8-68A4D1E9901E.jpg
    Yup! Another intriguing plot point to be explored. So much juiciness!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Loving the fact that Xavier and Magneto's entire "plan" seemingly rides on Orchis not having security cameras and/or not bothering to investigate Mystique's inexplicable detour, lol.