Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    exodus, mystique, sinister
    Of those, Sinister would be most likely to need a giant space station base.

I think the idea of "winter harvest" is not council-related. Maybe they knew that whats-her-face would do whatever with her husband and were hurrying her along. Maybe Mother Mold wasn't actually the origin of Nimrod.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Yeah, didn’t see that twist!
    Me neither! I was sure that Mystique was doing something on that station, but I would have never thought it was part of the big 2 (or 3?) plan

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Me neither! I was sure that Mystique was doing something on that station, but I would have never thought it was part of the big 2 (or 3?) plan
    I think we all assumed that she wanted to make a portal to escape, as she did in House of X # 1 in New York.

BANNED

or sumting shady that destiny wanted her to do or a reason to blackmail xavier and mags to bring destiny

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I think we all assumed that she wanted to make a portal to escape, as she did in House of X # 1 in New York.
    That was my assumption, I was guessing she was going to throw her lot in with the Orchis crowd.

This is pure guesswork, but I thought she was going to pinch one of the Cerebo helmets and make a run for The Forge because she knew that they were working on resurrection too.

But now? Not a clue.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Mystique said something about getting thrown off course and having to circle back around when she was up in the station so she was definitely up to something but Xavier being behind it was surprising.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    So I guess the Vault plot is just being dropped?
    I'm pretty sure Hickman isn't dropping a plot that just happened last issue...

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Still don’t understand why the “one-in-done stories to set up future plot lines” is still getting questioned at this point.
    This has been the most frustrating aspect of fan responses to X-men. Each issue of X-men picks up a different thread from the very dense HoX/PoX and moves it forward slightly. This reminds readers of what has been set up while creating the feeling of a status quo. These plots aren't forgotten, but they're not going to be resolved quickly one after another like it seems fans want for some reason.

Are fans just used to reading wikis about older X-men stories that they don't care about how stories are actually told?

This preview connects to a scene we saw 5 months ago, so we know he's not dropping plots.

I thought exactly as Tycon did. The scene above could have been nothing, just Raven creeping around but it was just odd enough. In Hickman I trust.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Are fans just used to reading wikis about older X-men stories that they don't care about how stories are actually told?
    I think fans know, just probably annoyed that their favorite may not appear two issues in a row.

Now I'm curious if Winter harvest means they want Raven to go back.
    Last edited by JB; 02-06-2020 at 02:39 PM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Still don’t understand why the “one-in-done stories to set up future plot lines” is still getting questioned at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I know, right? It's not as though they'll never, ever be picked up, ever again.
    In this, HiX-Man is channeling Claremont, the master of seeding ongoing plot lines to be resolved over years.
    Claremont did the one-shot issue in X-Men that had Illyana taken to Limbo. He didn't follow up on it for at least another year or so I believe, in another mini-series and title (Magik and New Mutants respectively).

This isn't unnusual for the X-Men franchise. Nothing is getting dropped or is filler (yet).

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I know, right? It's not as though they'll never, ever be picked up, ever again.
    In this, HiX-Man is channeling Claremont, the master of seeding ongoing plot lines to be resolved over years.
    Claremont didn't needed a lot of one and dones to do that

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    This preview connects to a scene we saw 5 months ago, so we know he's not dropping plots.

I thought exactly as Tycon did. The scene above could have been nothing, just Raven creeping around but it was just odd enough. In Hickman I trust.

I think fans know, just probably annoyed that their favorite may not appear two issues in a row.

Now I'm curious if Winter harvest means they want Raven to go back.
    Yeah something was fishy about that scene, I thought it was just Raven having her own plan, but now knowing that Xavier gave her a secret mission is really strange. Sending her to the hub connected to the habitat makes even more sense after this revelation, she may have planted the flower in here.

I wonder if they send Raven back to the Orchis station, maybe she will recover the bodies of Scott, Monet, Paige, Angel and Jean. It could be dangerous to let Orchis keep those bodies, who know what they could do with them. Also maybe we're going to learn what was this weird crystal Doctor Gregor had at the end of the first issue of X-Men.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Yeah something was fishy about that scene, I thought it was just Raven having her own plan, but now knowing that Xavier gave her a secret mission is really strange. Sending her to the hub connected to the habitat makes even more sense after this revelation, she may have planted the flower in here.

I wonder if they send Raven back to the Orchis station, maybe she will recover the bodies of Scott, Monet and Jean.It could be dangerous to let Orchis keep those bodies, who know what they could do with them. Also maybe we're going to learn what was this weird crystal Doctor Gregor had at the end of the first issue of X-Men.
    Yeah, and Angel and Husk’s bodies should be on the wreck of the X-craft (wanted to type Blackbird, old habits die hard). I don’t think Hickman has forgotten about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post

I wonder if they send Raven back to the Orchis station, maybe she will recover the bodies of Scott, Monet, Paige, Angel and Jean. It could be dangerous to let Orchis keep those bodies, who know what they could do with them. Also maybe we're going to learn what was this weird crystal Doctor Gregor had at the end of the first issue of X-Men.
    Ooooh nice idea. If it was such a neat attention to detail such as not leaving bodies of Resurrected mutants behind then color me impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Yeah, and Angel and Husk’s bodies should be on the wreck of the X-craft (wanted to type Blackbird, old habits die hard). I don’t think Hickman has forgotten about them.
    Yeah the bodies of Paige and Warren should be here too, maybe that "Winter Harvest" is just a backup plan by Xavier in order to recover those bodies since they knew from the start that the team had a very low chance of survival.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Claremont didn't needed a lot of one and dones to do that
    Does it make a difference?
    As long as all of these are developed in future issues, it doesn't matter if they are established in one shots. Different authors, different writing styles.

And Claremont's first run is deservedly regarded as legendary, but he had a few plot threads that arguably took too long to resolve themselves or were never resolved at all.