Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

We know that they call winter the version of Krakoa that is more hungry for mutants. Perhaps that "winter harvest" devours the bodies of the mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    I wonder if they send Raven back to the Orchis station, maybe she will recover the bodies of Scott, Monet, Paige, Angel and Jean. It could be dangerous to let Orchis keep those bodies, who know what they could do with them. Also maybe we're going to learn what was this weird crystal Doctor Gregor had at the end of the first issue of X-Men.
    Combining your ideas, imagine if Raven is sent back and does indeed find Angel & co. but said crystal was used to resurrect them, now all manipulated and evil. GMO-Men.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Does it make a difference?
    As long as all of these are developed in future issues, it doesn't matter if they are established in one shots. Different authors, different writing styles.

And Claremont's first run is deservedly regarded as legendary, but he had a few plot threads that arguably took too long to resolve themselves or were never resolved at all.
    It makes. I feel a lot more engaged having a arc and then planting the seeds for futures storylines in the issues without needing a bunch of ones and dones.

Claremont dropped or was fired because 90s. We still doen't know if Hickman will follow throught everything he pitched on the one shots and hoxpox

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It makes. I feel a lot more engaged having a arc and then planting the seeds for futures storylines in the issues without needing a bunch of ones and dones.

Claremont dropped or was fired because 90s. We still doen't know if Hickman will follow throught everything he pitched on the one shots and hoxpox
    Oh c'mon of course he'll follow on them. He's not even subtle about it. It's an issue after another of setting a different villain and it's quite clear that it'll come together (hell, it's starting to come together even in the preview pages here).

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    We know that they call winter the version of Krakoa that is more hungry for mutants. Perhaps that "winter harvest" devours the bodies of the mutants.
    That could be a really nice idea especially to deal with the "old" bodies of the mutants that have been resurrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Ooooh nice idea. If it was such a neat attention to detail such as not leaving bodies of Resurrected mutants behind then color me impressed.
    I agree it would be a neat attention to detail, especially after seeing what XENO was able to do with Domino's body, I can't even imagine what Orchis could do with those bodies if they were left behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Combining your ideas, imagine if Raven is sent back and does indeed find Angel & co. but said crystal was used to resurrect them, now all manipulated and evil. GMO-Men.
    Yeah somekind of weaponized version of the X-Men, that could be really horrifying and make for some really formidable opponents and create a moral dilemma about what to do with them, that could be really interesting. Maybe they could also create some hybrid by combining the DNA of those mutants, some chimera of their own.
    Last edited by Hush; 02-06-2020 at 05:12 PM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

It still really doesn't make a difference. It's all a matter of preference. It can work either way.
    Claremont was losing track of stories and characters every once and a while well before he left in the 90s. I think Hickman is more likely to follow up on these while he is on the book and his run may not achieve the same heights, but it may be relatively tighter.

I like how Hickman is planting his seeds and slowly telling his story.

We all know its going to come to ahead.

Patience.

I just wish we had a different primary artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Oh c'mon of course he'll follow on them. He's not even subtle about it. It's an issue after another of setting a different villain and it's quite clear that it'll come together (hell, it's starting to come together even in the preview pages here).
    There is external factors that can keep him from telling these stories, he might get out of books earlier. We all know how comics work.
    it will come together just t obe dropped again and who knows when it will continue

There is external factors that can keep him from telling these stories, he might get out of books earlier. We all know how comics work.
    it will come together just t obe dropped again and who knows when it will continue
    Maybe serialized story telling isn't for you and you'd be happier with another medium.

The preview looks good and I can't wait to see what Mystique was up to on the Orchis mission. For those of us who complained about Jean's role (myself included) I did state that Husk, Angel, and Mystique fared worse but it seems like Mystique didn't just get "turned around" in the space station she was doing something for Xavier and Magneto. But why plant a gate there and what was it used for?

A lot of questions to be answered.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Maybe serialized story telling isn't for you and you'd be happier with another medium.
    It's not about serialzed storytelling or not. It's about having three characters taken off the board without resolution of the plot in a story that MAY be picked up in some other book, while the book the plot was began with suddenly veers off on an unrelated tangent. Maybe. Assuming editorial direction doesn't suddenly change first because it's not like that has NEVER happened before. /s

Like people have already said, X-men has always worked like that especially when it was at its peak. Other stories can be told while your fave is doing something else.

X-Men has explicitly been about done-in-ones since Dawn of X began. I don't know why people expected #6 to be an exception to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    So I guess the Vault plot is just being dropped?
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Never to be mentioned again just like Arakko, Orchis and Hordeculture. Typical Hickman!
    The correct answer to the question in blue is "Sebastian Druid".

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    It's not about serialzed storytelling or not. It's about having three characters taken off the board without resolution of the plot in a story that MAY be picked up in some other book, while the book the plot was began with suddenly veers off on an unrelated tangent. Maybe. Assuming editorial direction doesn't suddenly change first because it's not like that has NEVER happened before. /s
    X23 is a super important character, I'm sure Marvel wouldn't fridge her with the likes of Synch and Darwin.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!