Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default What do you think about Phil Jimenez ?

I didn't know he became a writer until the omnibus. What do you all think about his art and writing skills?

One of the best WW writers period. He’s got the Morrison approach of “it all counts” and tries to incorporate all aspects of Wondy lore that he can. Love his Lois Lane/WW issue.

Phenomenal writer with a unique perspective that I sorely miss on the book, and a fantastic artist!

Also an all around nice guy

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

His run on Wonder Woman is my favorite run of all time!
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I think his run may be my favorite post-Crisis one after Rucka's. It starts out rough (the dialogue in Gods of Gotham is stilted and awkward, and it could have been two issues instead of four) but greatly improves with the "Paradise Lost" arc. Although he had to work within the confines of post-Crisis canon, I like how he worked in pre-Crisis stuff like Angle Man, the Amazon tech and Villainy Inc. His artwork was great.

I wish it went on much longer than it did. And although the book needs new blood and can't rely on the old guard forever, he should have been invited to come back to the book during Rebirth after Rucka left. Preferably as writer/artist, but I'd be happy with just writer. He would have had a more streamlined foundation to work off of than he did the first time.

Sadly he said he would never go back to a monthly comic title with DC. So the best bet is to have him on elsewhere stories. Maybe they can have him do a animatefd movie

He wrote my favorite issue of Wonder Woman.

His run featured some of the most cinematic sequences in comics period. He also turned in THE best issues of the OWAW event despite it not being a WW event. He also handled editorial muckings aboush with the grace of a God.

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

He has such encyclopedic knowledge of Wonder Woman lore that he literally wrote an encyclopedia of it. One of my favorite writers and artists.
    "At what point do we say, 'You're mucking with our myths'?" - Harlan Ellison

He's one of my favorite WW writers.

I think he's dreamy! (I've met him in person.) Many other men do, too. And women.

He's a fantastic artist. He's a very good writer. He cares very much about Wonder Woman as a character. And he's an eminently decent human being.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

rayray

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    I think he's dreamy! (I've met him in person.) Many other men do, too. And women.

He's a fantastic artist. He's a very good writer. He cares very much about Wonder Woman as a character. And he's an eminently decent human being.
    Hear, hear! Sigh (laying on my bed with my diary open, pencil in my mouth, as I look up at my thought balloon with Phil in it.)

He's easily one of the best creators Diana has had in my lifetime. I prefer Rucka, but not by much, and would take Phil over pretty much anyone else.

.....our opinions of Phil are pretty well known on this board I think.....Ami, are you really Phil looking to sneak some praise from us?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveGus View Post
    He has such encyclopedic knowledge of Wonder Woman lore that he literally wrote an encyclopedia of it. One of my favorite writers and artists.
    I forgot he was responsible for the WW Encyclopedia!

I love Phil. I've not met him, but I follow him on social media and he seems like a great guy.

And yes, he's dreamy af.

I wasn't blown away by his run when I first read it years ago, but rereading it more recently has made me far fonder. The Villainy Inc. storyline is a particular favorite of mine. His love for bringing back classic villains was a highlight (his Angle Man beats out any other versions).

And I'm beyond excited for Historia. His artwork is unparalleled in the preview images shown for it.

Astonishing Member

I think his run on WW is probably my favorite. Puzzled that he or Perez didn't contribute anything to WW 750. I know Perez has retired due to health issues but is there an ongoing issue between DC and Phil?