Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Dick's age in that scene doesn't make it any less bad
    I mean, I'm not defending Bruce lashing out and attacking someone who cares for him, who is also suffering from a death in the family. But Dick's an adult there, even if he is still on the young end. That *is* better than hitting a child.

and I'm pretty sure he was barely out of his teens when that happened. Bruce's mental state isn't an excuse and frankly doesn't speak well of how he deals with stress if that is his reaction.
    I said it wasn't an excuse. But he's still dealing with the loss of a child he was responsible for. A parent grieving the loss of their kid is allowed a little leeway, you can't expect them to just act normally after something like that. There's tons of other examples out there where Bruce has hit one of the kids when he wasn't dealing with the trauma of a lost child. Bruce is still a d-bag and abusive to the kids. It's just that in this one particular incident, it's harder to hate on him, considering how fresh that wound was. There's still no excuse for it, it's still unacceptable. But it's more understandable.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by gregpersons View Post
    Batman would be a perfect villain for Spider-Man.

Bats is one of the few animal themes not already covered by Spidey's rogues, and you'd have the contrast of their financial resources (billionaire vs broke), and the contrast of how they gained their power (accident vs determined training).

there’s a VERY thin line between him and Lex Luthor that we can’t even see most of the time.
    The biggest difference is that sometimes Lex Luthor puts on a suit of battle armor to fight Superman because he thinks he's right and Superman is wrong and Batman ... oh, wait. Never mind.

Um... Batman has better hair?

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I'd say Norman Osborn or Kingpin would be a better analogue. The former even has batarangs, I'm sorry, throwing bats.