Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Boisterously Confused

Default so, these days, what separates Batman from Luthor?

Seriously.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Seriously.
    A full head of hair.

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    A full head of hair.
    You took the joke I wanted to make. Well played.

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    A full head of hair.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    You took the joke I wanted to make. Well played.
    Beat me to it!
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

The hair joke has been used so might as well be serious then...well first off Batman hasn’t given up his humanity by forcibly merging with an alien being to give himself up to the concept of Doom/Perpetua in an effort to rewrite reality to how they see fit. In other words, Luthor is evil.

Also Batman is friends with the Justice League, whereas Luthor would probably and did in fact betray the Legion of Doom should it suit his needs. Not to mention Batman has a supporting family system, and Lex has a secretary.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Also, Lex probably has protocols to take down the other members of the Legion of Doom. Batman would never have plans to take down his friends of the League.
    He wouldn't, right?
    EYE don't know.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Also, Lex probably has protocols to take down the other members of the Legion of Doom. Batman would never have plans to take down his friends of the League.
    He wouldn't, right?
    EYE don't know.
    That is awesome snark.

The biggest difference between Lex and Bruce these days?

Success.

Bruce's actions broke the entire multiverse and destroyed earth (remember, the earth we've been on since Metal is a copy!). Bruce has defeated the entire League, and specifically Superman, a few times. He's built systems that could actually control the world. He's a far more dangerous villain than Lex Luthor, who has rarely had a scheme play out right or won a truly major victory.

Even kryptonite works better for Bruce than it does Lex. It gives Bruce victory over a god like alien. It gave Lex cancer.
    Last edited by Ascended; 02-06-2020 at 08:37 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    He wouldn't, right?
    EYE don't know.
    Good point, Brother.

Both are peak human intelligence. The only difference is Lex’s colossal ego. Bruce has been know to be pretty confident (borderline egotistical) but it isn’t his base character trait. Luthor is the embodiment of arrogance, jealousy, greed, and selfishness. Those are the things that drive him. It makes sense that if Superman is the embodiment of altruism than his arch enemy must personify egocentrism.

BANNED

Bruce has rejected Barbatos who was his tribe's god or something while Lex has accepted the cult of perpetua; blessed be her name..
    . DOOM!
    Bruce is still rich while Lex gave up his fortune.
    Bruce is still human while Lex is not now.
    Bruce's bat signal only shines in Gotham while Lex's doom sigil is everywhere.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Batman is cashcow of dc and wb, lex ain't. That is the only major difference that matters.

When Batman is written as a villain it doesn't stick or people don't take it seriously, and when Luthor is written as a hero it doesn't stick or people don't take it seriously.

That's an oversimplification, but I don't think it's untrue.

I miss Good Luthor.

I also miss Corny Batman who calls his friends "Chum" but that's another thing entirely.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    I also miss Corny Batman who calls his friends "Chum" but that's another thing entirely.
    You and me both, bud. Bruce recently punched Tim in the mouth in order to convey a message as opposed to, well, communicating without assaulting a minor.

But hey, modern Batman's a good dude!

Joke answers aside, Lex actually protects people he cares about. It's rare and doesn't come up often, but whenever Lex is shown to care about anyone other than himself, the only harm they come to is from Lex Luthor. On the contrary, everyone Bruce loves eventually dies to inflate his angst. The irony is that while Bruce is more successful at beating Superman than Lex (because it makes DC/WB more money since Bruce is their most popular character), Lex is more successful at protecting people. They both excel at the other's greatest failures.
    Last edited by Robanker; 02-07-2020 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Joke answers aside, Lex actually protects people he cares about. It's rare and doesn't come up often, but whenever Lex is shown to care about anyone other than himself, the only harm they come to is from Lex Luthor. On the contrary, everyone Bruce loves eventually dies to inflate his angst. The irony is that while Bruce is more successful at beating Superman than Lex (because it makes DC/WB more money since Bruce is their most popular character), Lex is more successful at protecting people. They both excel at the other's greatest failures.
    I mean, you kind of hit on a major point there in that he protects the people he cares about but he also tends to be the one who actually kills them...