Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bad Idea

I dont believe that they are going after a spectator market, so much as they are intentionally starting off extremely small and gradually expanding. Theyre basically hand selling to a few stores, indie-style. They are looking to break from being tied to Diamond, so i think its understandable that they start of small with as little overhead as possible.

I'll try to make sure to get the books by Dysart & Heisserer, and possibly Kindt......If I'm unable to get the books due to the apparently limited distribution, oh well.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I'm there for anything Joshua Dysart writes. Loved his Harbinger saga at Valiant as well as Unknown Soldier, so anything he writes I'll check out.

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    I'm there for anything Joshua Dysart writes. Loved his Harbinger saga at Valiant as well as Unknown Soldier, so anything he writes I'll check out.
    Ditto x100. Dysart's Toyo Harada saga is criminally underappreciated - it deserves to be ranked among the greatest runs in superhero comics. In fact, this reminds me I need to pick up his Goodnight Paradise from TKO Studios, another new indie that's trying new ways to go around the antiquated Diamond-centric distribution model.

But honestly, this distribution model sounds boneheaded, unless there's more to it than we're being told at the moment. Normally I'd be more excited for this than anything happening in comics this year. Valiant refugees starting up another company, with some of Valiant's top creators working for them, including Dysart? Shut up and take my money! But apparently they don't want it.

(Actually, upon further reflection, it's silly of me to whine - I live in New York City, which I have to imagine will have at least one of the 20 shops. I welcome your jealousy.)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yohei72 View Post
    Ditto x100. Dysart's Toyo Harada saga is criminally underappreciated - it deserves to be ranked among the greatest runs in superhero comics. In fact, this reminds me I need to pick up his Goodnight Paradise from TKO Studios, another new indie that's trying new ways to go around the antiquated Diamond-centric distribution model.

But honestly, this distribution model sounds boneheaded, unless there's more to it than we're being told at the moment. Normally I'd be more excited for this than anything happening in comics this year. Valiant refugees starting up another company, with some of Valiant's top creators working for them, including Dysart? Shut up and take my money! But apparently they don't want it.

(Actually, upon further reflection, it's silly of me to whine - I live in New York City, which I have to imagine will have at least one of the 20 shops. I welcome your jealousy.)
    If you can fetch even one issue, before its sold out. Or the retailer puts it on eBay on the day of arrival...

Astonishing Member

What will bad idea comics do now, with the stores closing?

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    What will bad idea comics do now, with the stores closing?
    Probably delay the launch. Hopefully this will get them to reconsider the digital market.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Bad Idea will likely bed bankrupt within a year. Self fulfilling name and all that.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime