Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Default Superman Heroes issue #1 preview

Huh, maybe my second favorite Pa Kent after like Morrison if I really think about it.

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Well... here comes the Kents I guess. Fingers crossed they can sell me on their return.

Looks good. Kind of a little Smallville nod with the primary colored coat and shirt. Finally going to see what's in that stupid box. If it's just the photos of them kissing that's going to be kinda odd. And Superman's shock that people think he's cheating with Lois is weird considering that it's been a major plot point he's directly observed and overheard himself in Lois Lane like 4 times over the last eight months.

Wasn't Jodie Houser supposed to have a Supergirl segment in this as well?

I just want to see why, if according to solicits villains are willing to destroy Metropolis after the reveal, they aren't doing the same to Smallville.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I just want to see why, if according to solicits villains are willing to destroy Metropolis after the reveal, they aren't doing the same to Smallville.
    Action Comics "Metropolis Doomed" storyline is happening before the reveal.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Why is Clark acting like he doesn't know people have been saying things about Lois cheating on him? they addressed that in her own solo book.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Why is Clark acting like he doesn't know people have been saying things about Lois cheating on him? they addressed that in her own solo book.
    My guess is they’re taking into account that not everyone is keeping up with the Lois Lane book, so they’re reintroducing that plotline here

Astonishing Member

For those of us who do read LL, it's jarring and terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    My guess is they’re taking into account that not everyone is keeping up with the Lois Lane book, so they’re reintroducing that plotline here
    You could do that by just having them discuss it. It’s a weird choice to present it like this is the first Clark’s heard of it. Lois’ book is definitely set before this and he’s experienced it first hand. It’s just a weird continuity glitch and I normally don’t really care about those.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    You could do that by just having them discuss it. It’s a weird choice to present it like this is the first Clark’s heard of it. Lois’ book is definitely set before this and he’s experienced it first hand. It’s just a weird continuity glitch and I normally don’t really care about those.
    Yeah, I'm not worried about a minor glitch like this. If that's all we have to be upset about then this issue is going to be quite miraculous.

Are you really Catwoman?

You wish.

That sounds like Lois and Clark to me. Bendis still isn't quite there with Lois, but gods has he improved.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Yeah, I'm not worried about a minor glitch like this. If that's all we have to be upset about then this issue is going to be quite miraculous.

Are you really Catwoman?

You wish.

That sounds like Lois and Clark to me. Bendis still isn't quite there with Lois, but gods has he improved.
    Yeah, he's improved leaps and bounds since Action #1004.

Good to see the Kents again and I like the Jonathan isn't some cornfed paragon and comes across as a more well-rounded man. I liked the preview, but I admit I'm kind of a sucker for short scenes of character interactions like these.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

Are you really Catwoman?

You wish.

So, wait! does that mean clark has a thing for catwoman? That would be a wierd pairing.
    Edit-Oh! Wow! This was a thing
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-07-2020 at 10:04 PM.

Astonishing Member

I highly doubt it. It's probably his attempt at humour.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I highly doubt it. It's probably his attempt at humour.
    It's this. Clark's shown to have a sense of humor with respect to his buddy in Gotham.

Didn't he go to a costume party with Lois as Batman and Robin?