Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 69
  1. #1
    AT EASE, LOO-SUH! Superlad93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,743

    Default Superman Heroes issue #1 preview

    Huh, maybe my second favorite Pa Kent after like Morrison if I really think about it.





    #MakeAlexGreatAgain

    "Your videos give us hope. They give us strength in these times of slow normals, Chun-Li costumes and rampant New York fires.
    We shall overcome. The day will come when we are all warmed up."


    -Coffee That

    Who tryina throw some hands in SFV or Granblue Fantasy Vs?

  2. #2
    AT EASE, LOO-SUH! Superlad93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,743

    Default





    #MakeAlexGreatAgain

    "Your videos give us hope. They give us strength in these times of slow normals, Chun-Li costumes and rampant New York fires.
    We shall overcome. The day will come when we are all warmed up."


    -Coffee That

    Who tryina throw some hands in SFV or Granblue Fantasy Vs?

  3. #3
    Astonishing Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    4,379

    Default

    Well... here comes the Kents I guess. Fingers crossed they can sell me on their return.

  4. #4
    Astonishing Member Yoda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    2,110

    Default

    Looks good. Kind of a little Smallville nod with the primary colored coat and shirt. Finally going to see what's in that stupid box. If it's just the photos of them kissing that's going to be kinda odd. And Superman's shock that people think he's cheating with Lois is weird considering that it's been a major plot point he's directly observed and overheard himself in Lois Lane like 4 times over the last eight months.

    Wasn't Jodie Houser supposed to have a Supergirl segment in this as well?

  5. #5
    Astonishing Member LordUltimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,378

    Default

    I just want to see why, if according to solicits villains are willing to destroy Metropolis after the reveal, they aren't doing the same to Smallville.

  6. #6
    Astonishing Member Yoda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    2,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I just want to see why, if according to solicits villains are willing to destroy Metropolis after the reveal, they aren't doing the same to Smallville.
    Action Comics "Metropolis Doomed" storyline is happening before the reveal.

  7. #7
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,198

    Default

    Why is Clark acting like he doesn't know people have been saying things about Lois cheating on him? they addressed that in her own solo book.

  8. #8
    Astonishing Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    4,379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Why is Clark acting like he doesn't know people have been saying things about Lois cheating on him? they addressed that in her own solo book.
    My guess is they’re taking into account that not everyone is keeping up with the Lois Lane book, so they’re reintroducing that plotline here

  9. #9
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,806

    Default

    For those of us who do read LL, it's jarring and terrible.

  10. #10
    Astonishing Member Yoda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    2,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    My guess is they’re taking into account that not everyone is keeping up with the Lois Lane book, so they’re reintroducing that plotline here
    You could do that by just having them discuss it. It’s a weird choice to present it like this is the first Clark’s heard of it. Lois’ book is definitely set before this and he’s experienced it first hand. It’s just a weird continuity glitch and I normally don’t really care about those.

  11. #11
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    14,630

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    You could do that by just having them discuss it. It’s a weird choice to present it like this is the first Clark’s heard of it. Lois’ book is definitely set before this and he’s experienced it first hand. It’s just a weird continuity glitch and I normally don’t really care about those.
    Yeah, I'm not worried about a minor glitch like this. If that's all we have to be upset about then this issue is going to be quite miraculous.

    Are you really Catwoman?

    You wish.

    That sounds like Lois and Clark to me. Bendis still isn't quite there with Lois, but gods has he improved.
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

    Truth, Justice, and a Better Tomorrow!

    Bridge Four!

  12. #12
    Astonishing Member Robanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    2,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Yeah, I'm not worried about a minor glitch like this. If that's all we have to be upset about then this issue is going to be quite miraculous.

    Are you really Catwoman?

    You wish.

    That sounds like Lois and Clark to me. Bendis still isn't quite there with Lois, but gods has he improved.
    Yeah, he's improved leaps and bounds since Action #1004.

    Good to see the Kents again and I like the Jonathan isn't some cornfed paragon and comes across as a more well-rounded man. I liked the preview, but I admit I'm kind of a sucker for short scenes of character interactions like these.

  13. #13
    Astonishing Member manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    4,085

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Yeah, I'm not worried about a minor glitch like this. If that's all we have to be upset about then this issue is going to be quite miraculous.

    Are you really Catwoman?

    You wish.

    That sounds like Lois and Clark to me. Bendis still isn't quite there with Lois, but gods has he improved.
    So, wait! does that mean clark has a thing for catwoman? That would be a wierd pairing.
    Edit-Oh! Wow! This was a thing
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-07-2020 at 10:04 PM.

  14. #14
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,806

    Default

    I highly doubt it. It's probably his attempt at humour.

  15. #15
    Astonishing Member Robanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    2,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I highly doubt it. It's probably his attempt at humour.
    It's this. Clark's shown to have a sense of humor with respect to his buddy in Gotham.

    Didn't he go to a costume party with Lois as Batman and Robin?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •