Default *nods* Ryoga Hibiki VS Sauron

End of series Ryoga at his max depression. The world knows of his identity as P-chan and laughed their asses off at him. But the silver lining is, Akane STILL doesn't know and if he defeats Sauron, he gets to marry her.

Novel Sauron.

I don't know much about Sauron so if this is a stomp in any way, my apologies.

Standard rules

P.S. there is no cold water in the area.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

I don't know about "full-power" Sauron's power, but I'm pretty sure all the armies of Mordor don't have anything that could slow Ryoga down significantly EXCEPT the vast distances of Middle Earth. This was a guy who took 20-ton boulders to the face as part of a training regime. He's too tough for most things to even hurt.

And given how LotR ends, ANYONE from Ranma 1/2 could beat THAT Sauron.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    I don't know about "full-power" Sauron's power, but I'm pretty sure all the armies of Mordor don't have anything that could slow Ryoga down significantly EXCEPT the vast distances of Middle Earth. This was a guy who took 20-ton boulders to the face as part of a training regime. He's too tough for most things to even hurt.

And given how LotR ends, ANYONE from Ranma 1/2 could beat THAT Sauron.
    Book Sauron is a different beast from film. He was Morgoth's second in command (Satan, for all intents and purposes) and it took a combined force of Elves (whom are basically demigods in the books) and Numenoreans (superhumans) to finally bring Sauron down.

While I love Ranma 1/2, and find Ryoga as the boy who would lose himself in a closet hilarious, he would have issues here. Like, a lot. As Sauron was also known as a great deceiver and manipulator of men with far greater strength (inner and outer) then Ryouga (whom has been known to be selfish, petty, short-sighted, etc).

I give it to Sauron, by making Ryouga an offer of getting even with Ranma and getting Akane.

Second Age Sauron had pretty alright durability, IIRC, and could incinerate people that could otherwise treat balrog fires as not being anything fatal, but the most important bit is that he could exert control of others through mind control.

What feats does Ryoga have for someone who can otherwise exert control over Saruman, a (essentially) minor fallen angel in a human body that can casually control people around him with his voice?

Quote Originally Posted by Sol_M View Post
    Second Age Sauron had pretty alright durability, IIRC, and could incinerate people that could otherwise treat balrog fires as not being anything fatal, but the most important bit is that he could exert control of others through mind control.

What feats does Ryoga have for someone who can otherwise exert control over Saruman, a (essentially) minor fallen angel in a human body that can casually control people around him with his voice?
    0 sense of direction? Unless Ryoga can see his target in plain sight (person or location), he's going to get lost with even the simplest of instructions. He literally has had to have people drag him around so he doesn't get lost. Though he is a BIT more noble (so to speak) then Ranma's other foes.

But, yeah. Its a wash. Sauron wins.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

In a straight melee, Ryouga is probably fast enough to blitz, but he had zero chance of resisting a mental whammy and/or manipulation, especially since I don't recall Sauron ever really bothering to go out if his way to deliberately induce depression/despair in his enemies (as that would have the result of Ryouga automatically nuking the battlefield with enough force to oneshot a guy who casually carried a hilltop and more or less ignored Ryoga's own ridiculous strength).

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

I'd say he's definitely going to take a good number of hits before he really gets to try anything. Not too sure about his durability as I can't remember what he has for feats there. I doubt he's getting a chance to actually speak unless he's durable enough to pretty much just ignore the hits, and I think he generally needed that for his mental stuff. Either that or someone letting him direct connect to their AIM account on the Palantir

I will say that depression doesn't work in Ryoga's favour here. It's not too likely to hurt him, since he's under the umbrella of Khazan bloodlust, but those perfect Shishihokodans take some time to land, which is exactly what he doesn't want to allow here. He's better off firing normal ones as he pounces into melee and starts hammering Sauron there.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 02-07-2020 at 09:29 PM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Sauron’s durability is sufficient to stand lightning that was destroying buildings in Númenor, made by the same guys who made Orthanc. I’m pretty cool with him getting the mental juju going before Ryoga beats him down.

Ryoga will, as well, be dealing with heat that incinerated Gil-Galad.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate