Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Flashback: Rogue permanently absorbing the Ms. Marvel power-set

Rogue realizes the severity of her crime

Ms. Marvel persona takes over Rogue's body

This would be great. Start introducing characters in other movies, then bring them together. Just like how Iron Man 2 introduced Black Widow and Thor introduced Hawkeye. It'd be a great way to showcase the classic mutant "origin story" for each character (without having to give each of them their own movie) before they are in an ensemble movie.
    I like boys, comics, Disney, and traveling. // follow me @ itsnickmen
    “Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

This is false. And they are also taking concept art from different artist and trying to fit this narrative they are pushing.

Rogue is not going to be in the Captain Marvel movies.

Guess they got their clicks though.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

I'm not getting my hopes up based on this rumor but it would be raaaaaad. I'd love to see Rogue introduced as a villain. I would be one step closer of achieving my dream of seeing this scene in ******action

1827155-roguewalnuts.jpg
    Make Good Art

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    The only solution for the MCU is to rely on the mutants. The better Marvel characters with Spider-Man.
    So after Marvel made hits with characters like the Guardians, made Iron Man one of the main faces of Marvel, and turned people like characters like Ant-Man into household names somehow they need to rely solely on mutants?
    That's nothing but unnecessary devaluation of other Marvel characters

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

This could be amazing but I agree if it only has Rogue...

At least let Raven and Irene cameo please *praying hands*

Ah apparently it's not accurate anyway.

Well I'll repeat I would love them to do a film just about Raven/Irene/Anna Marie. Kind of like exploring from their perspective as rebellious outlaw mutants.

Sort of the plot would revolve mainly around the recruitment of Anna Marie and then get into the dynamic twists and turns that set her against the Avengers/Carol and ultimately destabilize her psychologically to the point she feels distance from her "adopted moms" and seeks out Xavier. But you can have so much fun with this sort of theme and plot like a Thelma and Louise/Bonnie and Clyde thing with Raven and Irene (plus whoever else they have as accomplices in their squad).

I do think it would be beyond silly for mutant characters who are well known to just randomly appear in these films though like... maybe most audiences would roll with it but the MCU does have to "explain" the presence of mutantkind in some way. I think they should at least.

But yeah this sort of a film would be great for setting up part of the themes of XMen/mutants which is the whole idea that they're much more morally ambiguous like because the human-dominant society is against them (unlike Avengers, who are worshipped as enforcers of the status quo versus universally agreed upon enemies), so they do things which are "illegal" or maybe even "wrong" but for the greater good as they perceive it. So we would have Raven/Irene/Anna Marie as "adversaries" of Avengers but if you do a film from THEIR point of view, the audience is invited to think about the Heroic Avengers in a new light altogether! Not sure the MCU can even adapt that type of nuance but I hope so.
    Last edited by AbnormallyNormal; 02-07-2020 at 10:24 AM.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

I can't wait for Dazzler to show up in Dazzler!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    This could be amazing but I agree if it only has Rogue...

At least let Raven and Irene cameo please *praying hands*

Ah apparently it's not accurate anyway.

Well I'll repeat I would love them to do a film just about Raven/Irene/Anna Marie. Kind of like exploring from their perspective as rebellious outlaw mutants.

Sort of the plot would revolve mainly around the recruitment of Anna Marie and then get into the dynamic twists and turns that set her against the Avengers/Carol and ultimately destabilize her psychologically to the point she feels distance from her "adopted moms" and seeks out Xavier. But you can have so much fun with this sort of theme and plot like a Thelma and Louise/Bonnie and Clyde thing with Raven and Irene (plus whoever else they have as accomplices in their squad).

I do think it would be beyond silly for mutant characters who are well known to just randomly appear in these films though like... maybe most audiences would roll with it but the MCU does have to "explain" the presence of mutantkind in some way. I think they should at least.

But yeah this sort of a film would be great for setting up part of the themes of XMen/mutants which is the whole idea that they're much more morally ambiguous like because the human-dominant society is against them (unlike Avengers, who are worshipped as enforcers of the status quo versus universally agreed upon enemies), so they do things which are "illegal" or maybe even "wrong" but for the greater good as they perceive it. So we would have Raven/Irene/Anna Marie as "adversaries" of Avengers but if you do a film from THEIR point of view, the audience is invited to think about the Heroic Avengers in a new light altogether! Not sure the MCU can even adapt that type of nuance but I hope so.
    Good lord that sounds awful.

As much as this sounds like clickbait, I'd absolutely be down with them sprinkling mutants and then bringing everyone together. There is some good points in the article though. I could absolutely see them not even touching characters like Magneto till the greater team is established years from now.
    Team Yana Bachalo Fanboy Cyclops Was Right

you're all getting me excited for new marvel films again. it would be so cool to introduce mutants individually before bringing them all together. maybe have the original 5 in the first x-men film and then go from there. i wanted this sort of build up for the fox movies when they started first class but they messed it up.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    As long as we get lez Destiny and Mystique, I could give zero shits who else is in it

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...dversary.html/
    I think this would make a great way to introduce how mutants pose a dangerous threat to humanity. A mystique led team along with destiny, avalanche and pyro would be a good foil against capt marvel. Rogue could absorb a fraction of her powers. It’s about time we get to see Rogue in action the way we always wanted. This a perfect opportunity to build anticipation for an X-Men movie.

I Hope is not true. Rogue is a far better character than Carol and she will eat her literaly !

Is both best story but dont makes any favor for Carol her haters will love Rogue and she is already loved.

BANNED

I can barely tell what you're trying to say.
    But feels like it's BS

Call me back when you have Jeremy Conrad and MCUCosmic talking about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Storm in Black Panther 2 and Corsair in Guardians of the Galaxy 3 mentioning his children would be cool.
    I want none of these to happen. I just don’t see room in Coogler’s vision/BP2 for Storm, without either shortchanging Ororo or the returning cast. I think Captain Marvel 2 needs to focus on being self-complete and stand-alone now that they don’t have to worry about slotting it into the timeline retroactively like the first one. The last thing it needs is to split the spotlight off of Carol.

BANNED

To me, BP2 is to feature a flashback of the first meeting between the MCU Prince T'Challa and MCU Ororo..