Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Wolverine is gravely wounded,

and without his mutant ability to heal he will die.
    Rogue's consciousness has been taken over by Carol Danvers',

the former Ms. Marvel whom Rogue stole her super-human abilities from,

but will that even help her and her wounded friend escape the nation of Genosha?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    For me personally Captain Marvel is so utterly horrible and bland as a character in the movies so far...maybe the confrontation with Rogue could change that a little bit and also reduce her powers. She is ridiculously overpowered so far and they could use Rogue's vampire powers to limit Captain Marvel's power set a at least a little bit.

I would love if that storyline happens. Also first high profile lesbian couple of Destiny and Mystique as Rogue's parents in a Marvel movie would be absolutely wonderful!!!!!
    I don't mind her that much, but it would certainly make her a bit more palatable to others to chop her power level in half and split it with Rogue.

It would at least weed out the sexists (some who claim that her being OP is their legit beef, and will go on hating even if she's reduced in power anyway, finding some new flimsy excuse to hide behind like the actress said something on Twitter that hurt their fragile fee-fees).

I would definitely like the idea of various Marvel movies slowly introducing different mutants, rather than some 'bang! Here's all the mutants!'

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I don't mind her that much, but it would certainly make her a bit more palatable to others to chop her power level in half and split it with Rogue.

It would at least weed out the sexists (some who claim that her being OP is their legit beef, and will go on hating even if she's reduced in power anyway, finding some new flimsy excuse to hide behind like the actress said something on Twitter that hurt their fragile fee-fees).

I would definitely like the idea of various Marvel movies slowly introducing different mutants, rather than some 'bang! Here's all the mutants!'
    The number of people who think Carol is too powerful is nowhere near large enough to matter. We've already weeded out the sexists who have an issue with her. Reducing her power levels is pointless.

I love this idea of introducing mutants via other franchises sooner, and making some of the more popular ones antagonists (Rogue for Cpt Marvel, Logan for Hulk), past love interests (Ororo for Black Panther) or otherwise connected to established MCU characters. Hope they do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I love this idea of introducing mutants via other franchises sooner, and making some of the more popular ones antagonists (Rogue for Cpt Marvel, Logan for Hulk), past love interests (Ororo for Black Panther) or otherwise connected to established MCU characters. Hope they do this.
    I also like this idea/rumor. All Marvel heroes get some mutant antagonist or enemy in the next movies. It could culminate then in an Avengers vs. X-Men movie where it actually make sense for a chance why the two teams have so much animosity with each other.

Wolverine vs. Hulk
    Rogue vs. Captain Marvel
    Storm as a love interest for Shuri
    Psylocke vs. Shang Chi

what else could make sense?
    Last edited by Exodus; 11-23-2020 at 07:26 AM.

Storm as a love interest for Shuri? Not sure I see that honestly. I figured they’d do the whole pre-existing romance with T’Challa honestly. But I suppose they could go that route.

As for Psylocke vs. Shang Chi, that would be cool. Just have Kwannon be Psylocke from the beginning, and don’t even do the whole body swap deal with Elizabeth Braddock. Instead, have Betsy be completely separate from Psylocke/Kwannon, though there’s some history and animosity there from a previous caper. I’d have Betsy show up too as a member of STRIKE and former MI:5 agent or something like that, and she’s also trying to stop Psylocke and help Shang Chi. Two birds, one stone. Maybe allude to the fact that they’ve been in one another’s heads before, during that past caper. But don’t do anything more with it than that.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Shuri is canonically 16 so...no. Not unless they plan on making Storm way younger.
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 11-23-2020 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Shuri is canonically 16 so...no. Not unless they plan on making Storm way younger.
    Letitia Wright is 27.....so make Shuri 19-20 and Storm 24. Storm is anyhow canonically bisexual. I would prefer this pairing over T'Challa. It is also unclear if they will even recast Black Panther or make Shuri the new one...

We need a lesbian power couple in the MCU ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Letitia Wright is 27.....so make Shuri 19-20 and Storm 24. Storm is anyhow canonically bisexual. I would prefer this pairing over T'Challa. It is also unclear if they will even recast Black Panther or make Shuri the new one...

We need a lesbian power couple in the MCU ASAP.
    The character is not 27 though. This is sounding a lot like the justification for shipping MCU Tony and Peter despite Peter very clearly being written as not being 18.

The character is not 27 though. This is sounding a lot like the justification for shipping MCU Tony and Peter despite Peter very clearly being written as not being 18.
    What!? Storm hasn't been introduced yet. And she will probably be in her early 20s when introduced. Shuri can also age 2 years between Black Panther 1 and 2. We do not know what they are going to do with the timeline.

I think it would be such a beautiful way to bring a lesbian couple in the MCU that is not an afterthought but CENTRAL and crucial to the MCU.

I don't see why that needs to be two characters who have never been a couple in any way in the comics though

I don't see why that needs to be two characters who have never been a couple in any way in the comics though
    because it is a movie adaptation done in 2021 and not a comicbook. And lesbian couples (in particular BPoC ones) are a little rare to find in the comicbooks...I wonder why...?! oh right, homophobia and compulsory heterosexuality.
    Last edited by Exodus; 11-23-2020 at 08:30 AM.

Mighty Member

Eww at Storm and Shuri. I'm ok with both having female love interests just not each other. I see them more as sisters. Make Storm a past-lover of Tchalla, and have her date Yukio while mentoring Shuri.

I also don't want young Storm. I don't want the main cast to be in their 20's. Ugh, that's what FOX gave us. I want Cyclops Wolverine Storm to be confident adults.

Love Kwannon vs Betsy/Shang Chi. Also, agreed that Betsy and Kwannon DO NOT do the body swap, but they make a comment or two about being clones of one another.

Rogue vs Cpt. Marvel.

Wolverine vs Hulk.

Idk why you want Shuri and Storm so bad when Ayo and Aneka, and actual black lesbian couple, makes way more sense. Ayo is even already cast!

Deadpool 2 showcased the first lesbian couple in a Marvel film. Just FYI. One more reason to port that franchise over into the MCU and keep its cast.