Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Current MCU Carol would wipe out Mystique's forces. And with Monica and Kamala on her side, it would be over too fast

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Current MCU Carol would wipe out Mystique's forces. And with Monica and Kamala on her side, it would be over too fast
    They could stack the deck and come up with some fun challenges.

It's how JOJO's bizarre adventure works.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 05-05-2021 at 09:15 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    They could stack the deck and come up with some fun challenges.

It's how JOJO's bizarre adventure works.
    Haha, I haven't watched joJo. So, anyway, who would Mystique recruit to fight those three?

Quote Originally Posted by OblivionX33 View Post
    This rumor is bs lol
    The announcement of the official title of CM2 as “The Marvels” would seem to support the Rogue rumor as simply that...or does it?
    If they are juggling 3 leads -Carol/Monica/Kamala- it would seem a difficult fit to introduce a clutch player like Rogue/Mutants into it.
    Although putting the sisterhood of Marvels vs the Sisterhood of Mutants -Rogue/Mystique/Destiny- could be fun showdown.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    The announcement of the official title of CM2 as “The Marvels” would seem to support the Rogue rumor as simply that...or does it?
    If they are juggling 3 leads -Carol/Monica/Kamala- it would seem a difficult fit to introduce a clutch player like Rogue/Mutants into it.
    Although putting the sisterhood of Marvels vs the Sisterhood of Mutants -Rogue/Mystique/Destiny- could be fun showdown.
    Agreed. You already have 3 "leads" to service in the film. Adding in mutants in a big way with Rogue would be messy. Kamala would have her series at least. Monica got meaty screen time in WandaVision but you would expect this film she fully develops her powerset and place in the MCU at large.

Carol also needs a lot more individual development as well here

Haha, I haven't watched joJo. So, anyway, who would Mystique recruit to fight those three?
    Lady Mastermind, Selene the Black Queen and Frenzy. They also teamed up with Enchantress, Typhoid Mary and Jean's evil clone Madelyne Prior so pick one of those. All though I think Enchantress overlaps with Selene so I'd avoid her.

I'd probably look at other choices such as Tempo but I need to do a deeper dive into the female supervillianess list.

There's also Kaboom from Ms. Marvel's own rogues gallery. She's a female inhuman with electric powers but you could make her a mutant instead.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 05-06-2021 at 04:57 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Agreed. You already have 3 "leads" to service in the film. Adding in mutants in a big way with Rogue would be messy. Kamala would have her series at least. Monica got meaty screen time in WandaVision but you would expect this film she fully develops her powerset and place in the MCU at large.

Carol also needs a lot more individual development as well here
    Definitely. Putting Carol in a coma for too long probably won't help her develop her characterization

Lady Mastermind, Selene the Black Queen and Frenzy. They also teamed up with Enchantress, Typhoid Mary and Jean's evil clone Madelyne Prior so pick one of those. All though I think Enchantress overlaps with Selene so I'd avoid her.

I'd probably look at other choices such as Tempo but I need to do a deeper dive into the female supervillianess list.

There's also Kaboom from Ms. Marvel's own rogues gallery. She's a female inhuman with electric powers but you could make her a mutant instead.
    Not an unreasonable cadre of fiends. I still think the 'Marvels' would win, but, it would be a cool battle. Enchantress doesn't seem to be coming to the MCU, yet.

Maybe Ms. Marvel and Mystique can do a shapeshifting battle

Definitely. Putting Carol in a coma for too long probably won't help her develop her characterization

Not an unreasonable cadre of fiends. I still think the 'Marvels' would win, but, it would be a cool battle. Enchantress doesn't seem to be coming to the MCU, yet.

Maybe Ms. Marvel and Mystique can do a shapeshifting battle
    Mystique doesn't really shift her body into weapons. Her hook is more subterfuge so unless you want them to pretend to be the same person...that could be a fun gag.

Ultimate Member

Mystique doesn't really shift her body into weapons. Her hook is more subterfuge so unless you want them to pretend to be the same person...that could be a fun gag.
    That's true. Maybe a subterfuge battle! Both Mystique and Ms. Marvel trying to out-espionage one another. It might actually make Marvel's spy stuff interesting

That's true. Maybe a subterfuge battle! Both Mystique and Ms. Marvel trying to out-espionage one another. It might actually make Marvel's spy stuff interesting
    Kamala would be a bad spy but that could be her longterm arc. She starts out as a naive do-gooder but ends up learning how to be the next Quake/Nick Fury.

Ultimate Member

Kamala would be a bad spy but that could be her longterm arc. She starts out as a naive do-gooder but ends up learning how to be the next Quake/Nick Fury.
    Oh yeah, I don't expect Kamala to be a good spy. I'd just like to actually see spies in Marvel have actual powers. But I digress. Idk if she'd like to work in a SHIELD type organization

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Introducing Rogue via Captain Marvel, besides honoring the characters history in the source material, is a way to handle the gross overpowering of the Danvers character so that she can be written into plots as more than a deus ex cosmic device that she has been so far, as well as weaves mutant characters in the MCU in an organic way.
    Its arguable that it's DANVERS that is important to ROGUE'S story as the source of her flying brick powers that made that character her peak famous. Efforts to duplicate those powers via other character have failed and the absorption powered Rogue has never been as popular.
    So..everybody wins if they go this way in the MCU...but it's looking less like they will given the castings for CAPTAIN MARVEL 2...

But why?

Why should be depowered or "taken down a peg" because she's powerful it's one thing to reference Rogue and CM's relationship but it is a terrible idea to use CM to make Rogue. The implications alone are really weird even moreso when we begin discussing CM because some fans have this irrational hate for Brie Larson!

BANNED

Hmm? Can Kamala actually shapeshift like Raven can?

Oh yeah, I don't expect Kamala to be a good spy. I'd just like to actually see spies in Marvel have actual powers. But I digress. Idk if she'd like to work in a SHIELD type organization
    She's 15, she could change her mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Hmm? Can Kamala actually shapeshift like Raven can?
    She had the possibility early on but they dropped it.

Ultimate Member

She's 15, she could change her mind.

She had the possibility early on but they dropped it.
    Yeah, I don't think she uses it as much anymore. But the MCU could bring it back.

While it's possible she might change her mind, wasn't her whole idea of making the Champions to not do the same thing the previous generations of superheroes did?