Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Default Captain Marvel 2: Welcome Rogue, hope you survive the experience

As long as we get lez Destiny and Mystique, I could give zero shits who else is in it

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...dversary.html/

It is solid plan to have stuff like that happen. Kinda reverse Avengers process Storm could show up in Black Panther, Rogue could show up Captain Marvel 2, Psylocke could show up in Shang Chi,etc you kill two birds one with one stone. You create that interconnection that made the MCU popular in the first place and you introduce the X-men characters slowly and don't have to explain why mutants are just popping now because by time reaches to the X-men movies, they will feel like ingrained part of the Universe.

Storm in Black Panther 2 and Corsair in Guardians of the Galaxy 3 mentioning his children would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    As long as we get lez Destiny and Mystique, I could give zero shits who else is in it

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...dversary.html/
    From the looks of that article, I wouldn't even bet on getting Rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    From the looks of that article, I wouldn't even bet on getting Rogue.
    They are just rumors but it would make sense to introduce Rogue this way. I definitely feel that the MCU are going to lean heavily into what Fox did not do with the characters. Rogue as a villain in Captain Marvel 2 kinda writes itself.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I'm gonna lose my mind if it happens. The Rogue vs Carol Danvers tragedy is such a perfect, poignant story for both characters to be adapted to the big screen.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    They are just rumors but it would make sense to introduce Rogue this way. I definitely feel that the MCU are going to lean heavily into what Fox did not do with the characters. Rogue as a villain in Captain Marvel 2 kinda writes itself.
    I might would have waited for CM3, just so that you can get the rest of the X-Men established and flowing before introducing Rogue, but I definitely want this Carol/Rogue story to play out on the big screen. I mean, it's Carol's best story, and is crucial in creating classic Rogue; they have all the pieces, why not?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I might would have waited for CM3, just so that you can get the rest of the X-Men established and flowing before introducing Rogue, but I definitely want this Carol/Rogue story to play out on the big screen. I mean, it's Carol's best story, and is crucial in creating classic Rogue; they have all the pieces, why not?
    As much as I can't wait to get Rogue on the big screen, I agree that CM3 would probably be a better place. The X-Men, or at the very least the concept of mutants, would need to be introduced first before unleashing random characters across the MCU. Unless my theory/wishful thinking that mutants are the main topic of the next post-credit scenes build-up comes true.

If this turns out to be true, I will be over the moon! This is exactly how I want Rogue introduced in the MCU. It is such an integral part of her character and she makes a very compelling villain. Also it means we would likely get the Rogue with Captain Marvel powers for X-Men and THAT makes me even happier.

Right now, this is just a rumor/wishful thinking. Personally, I think a Captain Marvel 2 that has Carol fighting Rogue will easily surpass the first and get everyone, myself included, excited for mutants in the MCU. I REALLY hope this happens, but I know it's not likely.

That's not to say that Rogue, Mystique, or Destiny showing up in this movie are impossible. But I think it's more likely that they'll show up as a teaser or a post-credits scene. I don't think it'll be the main plot because I have a feeling that was decided before the Disney/Fox deal became official. Marvel Studios plans things out ahead a great deal and the plot for Captain Marvel 2 was likely set before the first even came out. I doubt they'll change it at this point.

I could be wrong. I hope I am and Captain Marvel 2 represents the first real plot involving mutants in the MCU, but I'll believe it when I see it.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

That would probably be best. Just cameo Mystique hiding in a military/government meeting in CM2, and maybe we even see a flash of Irene and a very young(like 12) Rogue, just to give you some wiggle room in terms of recasting her later in the next one(CM3) as a 17 year old character.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

rogue in cap marvel, storm in black panther, perhaps kwannon or even wolvie/hand in shang chii, betsy in a strike/captain brittain project

I would die of joy if this happened.

I really want to see Rogue's evolution from misguided baddie to full-fledged, sassy and strong X-Woman.

If they don't include at the very least Mystique (but also Destiny, Pyro, Avalanche, and Blob), I will be a little disheartened. But this rumor is a great start.

I love it if true. Captain Marvel was fun but she's too overpowered and felt impersonal. I don't how how many movies she could carry on her own. The only solution for the MCU is to rely on the mutants. The better Marvel characters with Spider-Man.

And Rogue is one of those characters done way way wrong by Fox. I hope they keep her closer to the comics this time.

Bring her, Storm and Psylocke(even if it's Kwannon) and do them justice!

To see the Starjammers in Guardian of the Galaxy 3 would be amazing as well.

I wouldn't be opposed to a Excalibur TV show with Brian, Betsy, Jamie, Meggan and Pete wisdom..... Doctor Who meets Game of Thrones meets The Crown
    A picture would last longer darling...

Taking it with a grain of salt, but this makes sense and would do great things for the Captain Marvel movie. The first one was fine, but it was very generic sci-fi at times. The idea of the most powerful Avenger fighting a spunky teenage girl turns that on its head and could be super fun. If they explore Binary and the Starjammers, they could even still lean into generic sci-fi with this story if that's still in their interests.