Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Having Mystique and Rogue pop up in Captain Marvel is a nice callback to their comic history.
    I so wanna see that fight at the Pentagon!
    Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Wolverine fights with Rogue at the Pentagon

Carol Danvers tries to shoot Rogue...to no avail

Raven Darkhölme/secretary of defense

Ultimate Member

Please, no more Mystique. I've had enough of her.

I'm not familiar with Valerie Cooper.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Please, no more Mystique. I've had enough of her.

I'm not familiar with Valerie Cooper.
    Valerie Cooper

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Ok, thanks. I've notice X-Men don't have nearly as many non-hero characters as Avengers or Spider-Man do.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post

I so wanna see that fight at the Pentagon!
    Cockrum is so dang good! Even his second X-Men run was stellar.

If they bring in Rogue, I hope to God they leave out the whole Marcus storyline. Ugh, that was awful.

On the other hand, I hope they manage to bring in Deathbird.

But please, Kevin Feige, puh-lease, leave the Marcus Immortus storyline out of the MCU and dead and buried.
    Last edited by Brian B; 03-07-2021 at 01:21 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    Cockrum is so dang good! Even his second X-Men run was stellar.

If they bring in Rogue, I hope to God they leave out the whole Marcus storyline. Ugh, that was awful.

On the other hand, I hope they manage to bring in Deathbird.

But please, Kevin Feige, puh-lease, leave the Marcus Immortus storyline out of the MCU and dead and buried.
    Is that the awful storyline where Carol was forced to birth her rapist?

Is that the awful storyline where Carol was forced to birth her rapist?
    Yes. This storyline was Avengers Vol #1, #197-200 from 1980. This is why Chris Claremont wrote Avengers Annual #10 in 1981.

Astonishing Member

First. Why in the realms of Hel would anyone even asume that Marvel Studios would ever take inspiration from THAT story to do anything with Captain Marvel? Like they have 60 years of great, good, okay, mediocre and even amusingly odd stories to take as inspiration for their movies.
    So why would they pick a story everyone over the past decades agress to have been horrible? Should we be worried that they might adapt Spiderman's "Sins Past" storyline too? Or maybe even Marville?

Second. WandaVision allready has done a story of a female super hero becoming pregnant out of nowhere and give birth to a child (two actualy) within days of first showing signs of pregnancy, who then rapidly age up to the age they desire.
    Which means even that novellity for a casual audience has been used up.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    First. Why in the realms of Hel would anyone even asume that Marvel Studios would ever take inspiration from THAT story to do anything with Captain Marvel? Like they have 60 years of great, good, okay, mediocre and even amusingly odd stories to take as inspiration for their movies.
    So why would they pick a story everyone over the past decades agress to have been horrible? Should we be worried that they might adapt Spiderman's "Sins Past" storyline too? Or maybe even Marville?

Second. WandaVision allready has done a story of a female super hero becoming pregnant out of nowhere and give birth to a child (two actualy) within days of first showing signs of pregnancy, who then rapidly age up to the age they desire.
    Which means even that novellity for a casual audience has been used up.
    Pretty much on point. But I don't think anyone really expected it

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    So why would they pick a story everyone over the past decades agress to have been horrible? Should we be worried that they might adapt Spiderman's "Sins Past" storyline too? Or maybe even Marville?...
    Why would anyone assume that? I don’t, really.

EXCEPT, it is possible, because Rogue’s brutal beatdown and mind-stealing of Carol Danvers directly follows Ms. Marvel’s rape by Marcus Immortus. The events of the story with Rogue and Danvers deal directly with Danvers coming to terms with what has happened to her. It’s all in Avengers Annual #10.

Without the Marcus Immortus rape, Rogue doesn’t kick Carol’s ass, or at least not without the Avengers protecting her, instead of failing to protect her as they did.

It’s perhaps the best writing Claremont ever did for Marvel. It seemed to me then and still seems to me now to be more of a pointed interoffice communication from Claremont to Michelinie and Shooter as much as an in-continuity story of the character. Claremont called that b.s. out. Good for him, too.

Also, my goodness is the Michael Golden art on that issue fantastic!

It also features the first appearance of a Madelyne Pryor, although I don’t think her appearance there was ever properly explained.
    Last edited by Brian B; 03-07-2021 at 08:10 PM.

Ultimate Member

Why would anyone assume that? I don’t, really.

EXCEPT, it is possible, because Rogue’s brutal beatdown and mind-stealing of Carol Danvers directly follows Ms. Marvel’s rape by Marcus Immortus. The events of the story with Rogue and Danvers deal directly with Danvers coming to terms with what has happened to her. It’s all in Avengers Annual #10.

Without the Marcus Immortus rape, Rogue doesn’t kick Carol’s ass, or at least not without the Avengers protecting her, instead of failing to protect her as they did.

It’s perhaps the best writing Claremont ever did for Marvel. It seemed to me then and still seems to me now to be more of a pointed interoffice communication from Claremont to Michelinie and Shooter as much as an in-continuity story of the character. Claremont called that b.s. out. Good for him, too.

Also, my goodness is the Michael Golden art on that issue fantastic!

It also features the first appearance of a Madelyne Pryor, although I don’t think her appearance there was ever properly explained.
    But would that work on film?

But would that work on film?
    Probably not, but why would they bring in Rogue? Her only purpose in the story with Danvers was to draw attention to Danvers, to let the Avengers (and Shooter) know they screwed up royally with Danvers’ rape.

Ultimate Member

Probably not, but why would they bring in Rogue? Her only purpose in the story with Danvers was to draw attention to Danvers, to let the Avengers (and Shooter) know they screwed up royally with Danvers’ rape.
    That's true. Why was that storyline ever allowed?

Introducing Rogue via Captain Marvel, besides honoring the characters history in the source material, is a way to handle the gross overpowering of the Danvers character so that she can be written into plots as more than a deus ex cosmic device that she has been so far, as well as weaves mutant characters in the MCU in an organic way.
    Its arguable that it's DANVERS that is important to ROGUE'S story as the source of her flying brick powers that made that character her peak famous. Efforts to duplicate those powers via other character have failed and the absorption powered Rogue has never been as popular.
    So..everybody wins if they go this way in the MCU...but it's looking less like they will given the castings for CAPTAIN MARVEL 2...

It’s been stated in this thread dozens of times now the Rogue storyline could be adapted to start up Rogue’s redemptive arc AND make Carol less OP for a movie while giving her an interesting storyline as she deals with the loss of some of her powers.

Marvel is largely family oriented, they’re not going to include a sexual assault storyline in one of their movies and especially not one that is so problematic.