Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    BANNED

In the Genoshan Highlands, Logan and Rogue (with the psyche of Carol Danvers in full control
    of her body
    ) show Phillip Moreau the facilities where the mutant slaves are kept after their days work.
    Seeing it's concentration camp style layout, Phillip is shocked at the reality of Genosha's mutant population.
    They are soon confronted by Chief Anderson who has come to arrest all three, pointing out to Logan and Carol that their cover
    was blown due to the fact none of the security systems picked up the two "Magistrates" who came in with the Gengineer's son.
    They are promptly arrested and flown back to the Citadel for final processing.
    Anderson tells Phillip that due to the fact that he saw things that none save the Magistrates
    and the director are supposed to see he will remain in custody until his situation is sorted out.
    As they fly back to the Citadel they are suddenly hit by some freak weather,
    making both Logan and Carol smile to each other.

Elsewhere in the facility, Logan and Carol see the baby that was captured in Australia being led away and learn that
    it's mutant parents found a way to nullify their skin suits and managed to procreate and have since been killed.
    When the three are brought before the Gengineer, Phillip demands to know
    why his father is part of a government that would enslave part of it's population.
    Believing that this is wrong, he tells his father that he rest of the Genoshan people would not stand for it.
    When David tries to explain to his son that this is for the better good of his country,
    Phillip realizes that both he and his father have a very different opinion on the future of their homeland.

Meanwhile, the X-Men -- having stolen Magistrate uniforms use
    the cover of a massive storm created by Storm to sneak into the Citadel facility unnoticed.
    While Logan and Carol are told that they are going to be sent for final processing.
    Logan tells Chief Anderson that he would rather die first and feigns succumbing to his illness to pop his claws.
    This causes enough distraction for both Logan and Carol to fight off their captors.

As this is happening, the X-Men are making their presence known

and storming through the Citadel with their powers blazing, easily fighting their way through the ranks of the Magistrates.

With the X-Men reunited with Logan and Carol and the Magistrates standing down due to the X-Men's hostage, they find Wipeout

and with Psylocke's aid force him to restore both Logan and Rogue's powers, saving Logan's life.

BANNED

Wolverine offers up "Patch" as his name to the Genoshans, the first time that alias is used in X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Your point about illness is true. Many would want to get rid of a debilitating condition. But mutant power isn't necessarily one. I think it's the nature of having powers makes the metaphor too wobbly.

I don't like the relationship because I don't like "will they won't they" for the most part, and I'm not a Gambit fan at all. I know the relationship has fans, but I'm not eager to see it or him in the MCU.

Rogue could appear in CM3, but by then it might be a bit late.
    Yea it's never going to fit properly, its a pretty ambiguous metaphor. But for multiple reasons, I think it was wrong to leave the story arc as Rogue choosing the easy way out instead of trying to gain control. That she doesn't live up to her potential in the comics is putting it lightly.

Well the will they won't is part of the 90s and nothing was ever really written well there. I think Rogue and Gambit are written best as people that have a lot in common (cultural background, evil parental figures, huge mistakes that hurt other people, insecure that put up confident facades) and that have physical and emotional barriers that get in the way of their attraction to each other. Mostly they get fun once they get past that hurdle, as CC and KT write them. I'm not the biggest fan of the couple either, not because I dislike the pairing, but because few writers are able to write them well together or treat them as individuals. But I put that on the writers and not the characters.

Why would it be too late? X-Men still have a long way to go to be introduced to the MCU and if they last as long as the Avengers (even longer if you consider that X-Men itself started the superhero renaissance era), we still got another 20 years to go. People keep saying the superhero bubble is going to pop but at this point it's a bit like saying the sky is gonna fall.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Yea it's never going to fit properly, its a pretty ambiguous metaphor. But for multiple reasons, I think it was wrong to leave the story arc as Rogue choosing the easy way out instead of trying to gain control. That she doesn't live up to her potential in the comics is putting it lightly.
    I agree. It didn't sync with the series' message.

Well the will they won't is part of the 90s and nothing was ever really written well there. I think Rogue and Gambit are written best as people that have a lot in common (cultural background, evil parental figures, huge mistakes that hurt other people, insecure that put up confident facades) and that have physical and emotional barriers that get in the way of their attraction to each other. Mostly they get fun once they get past that hurdle, as CC and KT write them. I'm not the biggest fan of the couple either, not because I dislike the pairing, but because few writers are able to write them well together or treat them as individuals. But I put that on the writers and not the characters.
    You make some good points. I don't want to bash Gambit or his fans in any way, so I'll leave that alone. But I don't like "soapy" antics.

Why would it be too late? X-Men still have a long way to go to be introduced to the MCU and if they last as long as the Avengers (even longer if you consider that X-Men itself started the superhero renaissance era), we still got another 20 years to go. People keep saying the superhero bubble is going to pop but at this point it's a bit like saying the sky is gonna fall.
    Sorry, I didn't mean that. I don't believe in that bs about superhero bubbles or anything (I like your comparison). I should have been clearer. What I mean is after the Avengers have gotten older and the Young Avengers are on the horizon, it would feel weird to me to see Rogue starting again as a villainess despite having already been in movies for decades, especially if they go with a younger actress.

I don't like the relationship because I don't like "will they won't they" for the most part, and I'm not a Gambit fan at all. I know the relationship has fans, but I'm not eager to see it or him in the MCU.

Rogue could appear in CM3, but by then it might be a bit late.
    I'm intruiged how can you know that you don't like Gambit at all yet not be familiar with Rogue? It's hard to read Gambit without getting Rogue too. Outside of comics Gambit hasn't been used that much beyond TAS. Witch certainly had a great deal of Rogue =)

I agree. It didn't sync with the series' message.

You make some good points. I don't want to bash Gambit or his fans in any way, so I'll leave that alone. But I don't like "soapy" antics.

Sorry, I didn't mean that. I don't believe in that bs about superhero bubbles or anything (I like your comparison). I should have been clearer. What I mean is after the Avengers have gotten older and the Young Avengers are on the horizon, it would feel weird to me to see Rogue starting again as a villainess despite having already been in movies for decades, especially if they go with a younger actress.
    lol that's fair. I do hope both Rogue and Gambit get time to develop as individuals before they ever get to the romance.

Oh... yes do you do have a point. I guess they'll need to make sure they hire older actors then. Though to be fair, YA are not exactly young either... I'd say in comics they are probably late teens or early twenties, maybe just a couple of years younger than the Generation X and New Mutant crowd (Magik, Cannonball, Jubilee, Monet) due to sliding time-scale shenanigans. Rogue for comparison in my head is mid to late twenties. So not a huge age gap or anything.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    I'm intruiged how can you know that you don't like Gambit at all yet not be familiar with Rogue? It's hard to read Gambit without getting Rogue too. Outside of comics Gambit hasn't been used that much beyond TAS. Witch certainly had a great deal of Rogue =)
    Yeah, it's a bit weird. I'll be honest and say I don't know much about him either, but I know more of him through adaptations, like with Rogue. The difference is Rogue gave a good impression while Gambit didn't. I guess I'm saying he didn't encourage me to get into his history. I should have said that before.

Ultimate Member

lol that's fair. I do hope both Rogue and Gambit get time to develop as individuals before they ever get to the romance.

Oh... yes do you do have a point. I guess they'll need to make sure they hire older actors then. Though to be fair, YA are not exactly young either... I'd say in comics they are probably late teens or early twenties, maybe just a couple of years younger than the Generation X and New Mutant crowd (Magik, Cannonball, Jubilee, Monet) due to sliding time-scale shenanigans. Rogue for comparison in my head is mid to late twenties. So not a huge age gap or anything.
    Ok. I'm never really sure about ages. I though if the YA exist the Avengers must be middle aged by now.

But in the movies the characters are aging normally (except billy and Tommy in WV)

Ok. I'm never really sure about ages. I though if the YA exist the Avengers must be middle aged by now.

But in the movies the characters are aging normally (except billy and Tommy in WV)
    lol it helps that besides Billy and Tommy, most of them are not direct descendants of the Avengers so they don't have to exactly line up age-wise. Though I forget if MCU Kate is going to be Hawkeye's daughter still?

Yeah, it's a bit weird. I'll be honest and say I don't know much about him either, but I know more of him through adaptations, like with Rogue. The difference is Rogue gave a good impression while Gambit didn't. I guess I'm saying he didn't encourage me to get into his history. I should have said that before.
    Many characters require reading the right story at the right moment I have found. There are several ways to get to like a character. Not to say you will. Gambit has a fair share of badly written appearences. The only thing I can say with certainty reguarding me is that I don't have characters I don't like. On the other hand I have writers and stories I don't like.

Ultimate Member

lol it helps that besides Billy and Tommy, most of them are not direct descendants of the Avengers so they don't have to exactly line up age-wise. Though I forget if MCU Kate is going to be Hawkeye's daughter still?
    kate is a separate character.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Many characters require reading the right story at the right moment I have found. There are several ways to get to like a character. Not to say you will. Gambit has a fair share of badly written appearences. The only thing I can say with certainty reguarding me is that I don't have characters I don't like. On the other hand I have writers and stories I don't like.
    Thanks. I think what I don't like is his costume or his powers, because he's a thief yet that's what he does? Also, I'm not sure if he's a womanizer, but I'm generally not a fan of them, but I could be wrong on him.

kate is a separate character.

Thanks. I think what I don't like is his costume or his powers, because he's a thief yet that's what he does? Also, I'm not sure if he's a womanizer, but I'm generally not a fan of them, but I could be wrong on him.
    Thanks!

While I can't speak to the design, the womanizing part is both false and true. I think he's a flirt but so is Rogue and before he joined the X-Men he probably enjoyed his share of partners but since joining he's been one of the most loyal guys in franchise. outside of Milligan but he didn't write either Gambit or Rogue well. And it's still a bit ambiguous with what happened with Mystique...

Wolverine in comparison is much more... liberal in his "affections".

Ultimate Member

Thanks!

While I can't speak to the design, the womanizing part is both false and true. I think he's a flirt but so is Rogue and before he joined the X-Men he probably enjoyed his share of partners but since joining he's been one of the most loyal guys in franchise. outside of Milligan but he didn't write either Gambit or Rogue well. And it's still a bit ambiguous with what happened with Mystique...

Wolverine in comparison is much more... liberal in his "affections".
    I guess it was my interpretation, not the character. I like Wolverine but he didn't do much womanizing in the movies, and I hated his "love for Jean" because she was with another man!

About Gambit's costume, why would a thief wear a bright costume, and what is wearing on his head?

Having Mystique and Rogue pop up in Captain Marvel is a nice callback to their comic history.

BANNED

And possibly lead to the introduction of Valerie Cooper, I hope.