Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Doesn't that make a bit OP? Plus it looked like she sexually assaulted Captain America
    Yeah even though she is OP it all comes crashing down when she can't handle Carol's thoughts in her head and the guilt over what she's done. If you can't get the comics at least watch the animated series adaption.

Some people have mentioned that it shouldn't be Carol because she's such a big deal in the MCU right now. Who would you replace with her?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Yeah even though she is OP it all comes crashing down when she can't handle Carol's thoughts in her head and the guilt over what she's done. If you can't get the comics at least watch the animated series adaption.

Some people have mentioned that it shouldn't be Carol because she's such a big deal in the MCU right now. Who would you replace with her?
    If it can't be Carol, it should be someone close to her that has a similar powerset. I'd probably pick MCU Wonder Man, whenever he gets introduced, as he's dated Carol before and he has the closest power-set to 90s Rogue. plus its what she has in the comics rn anyway

But ideally I still want Carol, it's just not the same story-line if it happens to someone else.

Ultimate Member

I'll try to check out those comics online.

If she did fight Carol now, would she gain all those extra powers?

Doesn't that make a bit OP? Plus it looked like she sexually assaulted Captain America
    That’s kinda the point. Rogue was a bad ‘un! She was a wicked villainess!

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    This is why you need to read more Rogue in the comics! If your frame of reference of Rogue is the movies, you are not going to understand the character.

Rogue's very first appearance she wiped the floor with the Avengers. (Captain America, Thor, Spider-Woman, Vision and Wonder Man iirc)

She was built up as a serious threat to the team.

I doubt Carol or the Avengers will expect Rogue and that makes her incredibly dangerous.
    That ART! Wow! Michael Golden is a comicbook master!!

That’s kinda the point. Rogue was a bad ‘un! And the thing about expressing her desires and sexuality badly due to the sexually repressive nature of her powers also is correct.

And, she was a wicked villainess! Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, you know?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    That’s kinda the point. Rogue was a bad ‘un! And the thing about expressing her desires and sexuality badly due to the sexually repressive nature of her powers also is correct.

And, she was a wicked villainess! Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, you know?
    I guess that makes sense. Still seems a little creepy, but she was a villain.

I just didn't get why she can be OP but Carol doing it bothers some people (maybe I'm missing context)

Ok. I just found that kinda creepy and inappropriate, but it's good they've moved on.

I mention OP because I've seen complaints against Captain Marvel for being OP and beating everyone up, so I'm wondering what's different here.
    Weoponized kisses are supposed to be creepy method of assault. It only took on the tragic dimension when Rogue became a sympathetic character.
    Rogue CAN be temporarily overpowered, but she's easily kept from being so. Don't let her touch you. Carol starts out overpowered. I actually considered that Kree device that inhibited her powers and her memory loss and brainwashing by the Kree as the MCU version of "Rogue".
    That being said, it's looking moot because casting looks like we ARE NOT getting Rogue in CM2.

I guess that makes sense. Still seems a little creepy, but she was a villain.

I just didn't get why she can be OP but Carol doing it bothers some people (maybe I'm missing context)
    Well once Rogue is a hero she doesn’t go around touching everyone around her, because she’s more cognizant of the negative affect it has on others. Carol being OP doesn’t “bother” me per say, but i just don’t know how her movies can have any stakes. She busted through several warships like they were butter and can easily take on Thanos. And before you’re like, “so can Wanda!” We know that Wanda isn’t invulnerable like Carol and she’s a newbie to magic.

This rumor is bs lol

Quote Originally Posted by OblivionX33 View Post
    This rumor is bs lol
    Lol you probably right but I was nice to dream.

Ultimate Member

Well once Rogue is a hero she doesn’t go around touching everyone around her, because she’s more cognizant of the negative affect it has on others. Carol being OP doesn’t “bother” me per say, but i just don’t know how her movies can have any stakes. She busted through several warships like they were butter and can easily take on Thanos. And before you’re like, “so can Wanda!” We know that Wanda isn’t invulnerable like Carol and she’s a newbie to magic.
    I kinda feel like we don't see any stakes because the plot always calls for "escalation" instead of using their powers in different ways. If Carol isn't dealing with a problem she cab simply punch her way out of, she might have to be smartee and figure other ways of using her powers.

Ultimate Member

I wouldn't completely shut the door on Rogue but I doubt she's coming in CM2. I don't know if there will be enough space in it with both Monica and Kamala khan

I think Scarlet Witch or Jessica Jones would be interesting choices if they wanna do Rogur's intro story arc but with a different character than Carol.

Ultimate Member

I feel like with what has been leaked and with WandaVision (I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet), CM2 is heading back to space. Monica works with SWORD, which has Skrulls and a secret base, and Ms. Marvel is an Inhuman, who were created by the Kree, so with both of them being in there, I'm thinking CM2 will be a more cosmic adventure. So I can't see Rogue or a similar character fitting in, from what I know of the sequel right now.

BANNED

Get Michael Golden and Chris Claremont to do a one-shot Rogue in order to celebrate the character's 40th anniversary! 1981-2021