Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Yeah, I don't think she uses it as much anymore. But the MCU could bring it back.

While it's possible she might change her mind, wasn't her whole idea of making the Champions to not do the same thing the previous generations of superheroes did?
    Probably, I'm just spitballing possible directions. Kamala tends to fall into generic everyperson territory. She doesn't have any interesting beliefs/quirk beyond generic do-goodery and writing fanfic so that got old for me. So having her pick a lane and commit to a potential course of action is interesting to me.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 05-06-2021 at 05:04 PM.

Well Mystique can take on Kamala since they're both shapeshifters and while Kamala has elasticity powers, Mystique got enhanced speed, strength, stamina and the whole shebang.

Anyway this "leak" is as expected pure fabrication since captain marvel 2 is now called the marvels and the plot is probably about the skrull invasion given the after credit scene with Monica in wandavison final epsiode.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Probably, I'm just spitballing possible directions. Kamala tends to fall into generic everyperson territory. She doesn't have any interesting beliefs/quirk beyond generic do-goodery and writing fanfic so that got old for me. So having her pick a lane and commit to a potential course of action is interesting to me.
    Ok. I assumed her do gooder personality and rejection of thr main avengers would lead her away from the world of espionage

Ok. I assumed her do gooder personality and rejection of thr main avengers would lead her away from the world of espionage
    It probably would but she's still 15. She could change her mind.

Yeah im cool with Rogue popping up as an antagonist but they don't have to leave Carol in a coma. Maybe you could have her be temporarily depowered?

Ultimate Member

Yeah im cool with Rogue popping up as an antagonist but they don't have to leave Carol in a coma. Maybe you could have her be temporarily depowered?
    Temporary depower, but then they settle their differences in the end

But no coma unless somehow it doesn't impede her character development
    Last edited by CosmiComic; 05-06-2021 at 06:21 PM.

BANNED

Also, why is Rogue so popular? Just wondering, because I'm not familiar with her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    She’s a character that can be equally fun and tragic. I think it’s dope that she can play a ton of different roles in the franchise.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    I mean, I'm completely biased but Rogue has an iconic design, a fun personality, and a tragic backstory. It's basically all the hallmarks to making an interesting hero.
    I appreciate the answers. Admittedly my first real knowledge of her was the first X-Men trilogy, so I never really got into her. She's seems ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Well... yea, if that was my first exposure to Rogue I wouldn't be a fan either lol. The Fox movies Rogue is literally the worst iteration of Rogue in any medium and a far cry from her real personality. xd

I mean when the most exciting thing you do in 6 movies is literally this.

Compared to her regularly doing things like this in the animated series (1991) and in the comics it's no comparison.

YES!! My liking comes from the comicbook character ROGUE being both a mutant AND a super-human.

For 2 decades I only got to see the comicbook character Rogue in live action SOLELY being a mutant. To have said comicbook character debut in live action in the 2020's in the Marvel Cinematic Universe as a mutant who also becomes a super-human after permanently absorbing another super-human's powers like in Avengers Annual #10 40 years ago to actually be possible is BEYOND EXCITING to me.
    Last edited by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear; 07-03-2021 at 03:28 AM.

Ultimate Member

As I hear more news, I more and more doubt she'll show up in Marvels

As I hear more news, I more and more doubt she'll show up in Marvels
    Yeah, it feels like the movie already has too many leads to add even more.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Yeah, it feels like the movie already has too many leads to add even more.
    Yeah, I don't think it's an absolute "no", but as you've pointed out, there are already several lead characters. Maybe she'll show up in a post-credits scene.

Kamala was never 15, she was 16 when she debuted, and is probably 17 or 18 by now, considering that her brother became a father, Miles became a brother (i.e. they both had relatives go through a nine month pregnancy) and there was an eight month timeskip after Secret Wars.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Unhappy Brie Larson done?

https://cosmicbook.news/brie-larson-...superhero-role
    "Another possibility is that Feige could always bring Rogue into the MCU
    to "replace" Captain Marvel, as Rogue is a much more fan-favorite character"

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    That site is really unreliable and the article sounds like an incel's wet dream lol.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    That site is really unreliable and the article sounds like an incel's wet dream lol.
    I don't understand why they're obsessed with this. Or why they like pitting female characters against one another.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    That is not happening. All Brie Larson does is play fornite and animal crossing yet these incels act she's a trainwreck diva who's the worst person ever. Feige is not going to fire an academy award winning actress who's leading solo movie brought a billion dollars at the box office simply because a group of losers who are too online don't like her.

I don't understand why they're obsessed with this. Or why they like pitting female characters against one another.
    They literally cannot come to terms with the fact that everything has been for them. They HAVE to believe that everything has been fair this whole time because if they let in any truth, their whole world will shatter because that's how much it's built and propped up by their privilege.

It's like, "I'm all for women's rights". "Ok we're going to make one MCU movie with a woman lead." "Oh now wait wait wait just hold your horses there..."