Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Rogue accesses memories and personality traits of Carol Danvers.
    Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Finally, after snapping out of it,

she understands the full amount of her crime for the first time.

BANNED

Anna Paquin As Rogue In Captain Marvel 2? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHq5ZN9cq0I

Lol this never happen.

ROGUE > FATCAPMARVEL. Always.

MCU please do it this en the big screem. With Alexandra Daddario.

ROGUE drain her that bit....ch again lol

BANNED

"Captain Marvel 2 has been scheduled for release on July 8, 2022" https://www.newsarama.com/49707-marv...-2-thor-4.html

BANNED

X-MEN CM 2 ROGUE!!! and Remy..

Astonishing Member

That would be cool if it were true, but the really bad Photoshop makes me skeptical...

It says that when Gambit meets Rogue she will be a villain and that romance for them is planned. I doubt that Remy will be in Cap Marvel 2.

The only possibility is if both Gambit and Rogue are part of Marauders. Because Marauders are rumoured for Gambit Disney + series.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 04-18-2020 at 02:47 PM.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Interesting idea to bring out various mutants in different movies I guess but they still need to explain what mutants even are, why MCU never heard of them before, and so on. There's too much history that matters to simply blow it all off. MCU has the problem of being waaaaaay too jampacked full of superbeings though, and that is not great for X-lore and their themes which center primarily around more sci-fi approach of like "what if in our real world , the atomic age accelerated DNA mutations that could turn into abilities, how would society change..." that is an assumption that really "mutant" just means "anyone who is not a normal human being" mostly (aside from outer space aliens). It's been pointed out many times the dilution of X-themes due to other superbeings and how humanity largely accepts if not venerates them as opposed to mutants, and the only way to even try to keep it making sense is to say humanity is TURNING INTO mutants while those other superbeings have "one-off" type origins. That works but it's still awkward overall

Another issue with introducing mutants one or two or a few at a time in each film is mutants generally are in groups, since their lore is more social/political and less about just individuals. Like that's almost a key difference in X-Men vs most these other franchises, mutants are *all about teams*. Or if not 'teams', organizations, communities. Mutants generally aren't solo operators and even the few who are perceived that way like Wolverine end up being revealed are part of some broader government conspiracy that utilized other mutants just without each of them knowing the others

I do of course love the prospect of a Rogue introduced as antag to Carol, along with Raven, Irene, and more. But I worry that would mean 1) Painting Raven/Irene as far too 1-dimensionally sinister 2) Not sufficiently exploring and developing these mutant characters.

Since after all it's still a Captain Marvel movie , she will be the focus and Rogue is just there to drive conflict and tension to her, and not be explored for her own sake or for the mutant themes and story background.

It's also incredibly odd to hear them considering intro'ing Gambit heroically I mean uhhhhh no. Gambit was not intro'd heroically in the comics that's for damn sure and honestly once his backstory did get revealed he became a lot less compelling. His whole schtick was always being mysterious, being a possible bad boy, etc. Was he the traitor who doomed the X-Men as Bishop imagined he was. THAT made Gambit interesting. When that goes away he's just like... a love sick puppy for Rogue and that is kind of it. At least you could have him with Bella Donna / Thieves Guild for some excitement but meh.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

If rumours are true then we probably will have explanations fro mutants in Dr Starange 2 that happens before CM2.

As for Gambit, Bella and Guilds are planned for his D+ series. I think he will be introduced there.

WandaVision and DS2 will probably do all the work of establishing mutants (and Blade, MoonKnight, Inhumans) to the MCU. I don’t see them rushing into a big X-men movie straight away, though.

ETA: Wandavision is going to probably introduce Limbo and a MCU version of the weird bits of her origin. If people can deal with Limbo they can deal with mutants.
    Last edited by Foon4000; 04-20-2020 at 09:09 AM.

Wanda is going to create the entire mutant race in WandaVision. It will be the opposite of “No More Mutants”.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

The Mandarin is going to create mutants in Shang-Chi.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    It is solid plan to have stuff like that happen. Kinda reverse Avengers process Storm could show up in Black Panther, Rogue could show up Captain Marvel 2, Psylocke could show up in Shang Chi,etc you kill two birds one with one stone.
    that would be really cool!

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    X-MEN CM 2 ROGUE!!! and Remy..

i like the idea of rogue being a villain against captain marvel. then she can go into the gambit show i guess. but i really just want a BIG MARVEL X-men only film and i would love rogue to be one of the heroes. I don't want anything related to the bryan singer movies and none of those actors. but i feel like i'll be so old and hopefully alive by the time they make these.

BANNED

I wouldn't mind the actress Jennifer Lawrence to be cast as the MCU Rogue or the actor Nicolas Hoult as the MCU Remy for that matter.