Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

I wonder if we’ll ever see the Exemplars again.... I thought it was a cool concept by Kurt Busiek in Avengers but was never brought up again...

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I'm surprised Ron Garney is going to be the artist for this since his last x-work (I think?) was during the infamous Austen run. And since Juggy was in a part of it, it may bring back certain ... memories. Garney was really popular because of his Cap work in the 90s. He was good with Waid. So that was quite a downturn.

Hey! Maybe he can bring in Ice Man for a couple of issues. No more hints to his homosexuality but an out gay man to write.
    If my memory doesn't fail me, i'm pretty sure that Garney pencilled many of the issues in Jason Aaron's Wolverine.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I wonder if we’ll ever see the Exemplars again.... I thought it was a cool concept by Kurt Busiek in Avengers but was never brought up again...
    I hated them but want a writer to salvage them so they can be retroactively good. Sounds like a job for Ewing.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    If my memory doesn't fail me, i'm pretty sure that Garney pencilled many of the issues in Jason Aaron's Wolverine.
    Yes. I just came here to say this . I forgot all about it. His style was more polished in Wolverine and I'm not sure some people realized it was the same guy as people were still remembering the Austen era with the bad writing and the awful art. I admit that I didn't like his X-Men that much but loved his Cap work but his Wolverine work was even better - gorgeous.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 03-16-2020 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I hated them but want a writer to salvage them so they can be retroactively good. Sounds like a job for Ewing.
    I loved the idea for them, but I thought the designs were pretty horrible.

Amazing Member

I read somewhere that Juggernaut, despite being an ally of the mutant cause, couldn't live on Krakoa because he wasn't a mutant. That pops up questions: is it a law made by the other mutants or is the Island rejecting non-mutants or something?
    Last edited by Pallas; 03-16-2020 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by Pallas View Post
    I read somewhere that Juggernaut, despite being an ally of the mutants cause, couldn't live on Krakoa because he wasn't a mutant. That pops up questions: is it a law made by the other mutants or is the Island rejecting non-mutants or something?
    Of course it's rejecting non-mutants.
    When is Juggernaut an ally of the mutant cause?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    Maybe not to the cause, but definitely the fisting while he was part of Cyclops' X-Men team (was it in Uncanny?)

Issue #1 set to come out in September.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gam...for-september/

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    If you're a human I think you need to get explicit permission and someone to invite you onto the island. So far human kids and spouses seem totally welcome, but I guess we'll see more of that dynamic in X-Factor.