Default Which Live Action Characters Can Solo THIS Female Buffyverse Quintet?

Arguably the five most potent females seen on screen in the Buffyverse...

Uber-Buffy
    Willow Rosenberg
    Glory
    Jasmine
    Illyria

- Uber-Buffy is Buffy Summers when she merged with her friends to fight Adam.
    - Willow has all of the powers she showed on TV.
    - Glory is Glory.
    - Jasmine is Jasmine.
    - Illyria is as she was on TV, pre-depowering, but with no worries about exploding.

This team has a little bit of everything, at fairly decent levels - especially as far as live action characters are concerned.

So, which live action characters can solo them? Who's the weakest live action character that can do it?

Curious about which characters are versatile enough to overcome everything this team has to offer...
    Last edited by KJS; 02-07-2020 at 12:45 PM.

Bruce Almighty?

Team Buffyverse is formidable enough to pose a significant threat against many powerhouses, mainly because it has Jasmine and Illyria in its ranks. Jasmine's mind-control could neutralize a being that is exceedingly more power than all of them combined but if they're susceptible to psychic attacks, all that power won't matter. Illyria's space-time powers guarantee a banishment. Uber-Buffy's capable of doing the same thing, or she and Willow transmute the enemy into a flock of harmless doves.

As far as finding a decent challenger, I'm going with Supernatural's Gabriel. He's a top-tier being, an Archangel capable of manipulating time and space, creating pocket dimensions, etc. Glory and Illyria seem to be stronger, but Gabriel's esoteric powers, super-regeneration, and interdimensional flight/travel makes him a worthy adversary.

All Hail BEEBO!

It needs to be someone who is immune to Jasmine's love aura... so like a robot or machine or something that's beyond what Jasmine's powers can affect.

I nominate Janet of The Good Place.

Also, I don't know if Jasmine's aura can affect spirits/ghosts - beings who do not have brains or physical bodies.

If her aura cannot affect ghosts, then an spirit that can possess people or kill without being detected/targeted could potentially beat this being. This composite would need to know when and where to do Illyria's time stop, so if the composite cannot even detect their adversary, I'd say the spirit/ghost has a good shot before the composite can get one of Willow's spells off that can reveal/solidify the ghost.

In which case, I'd say someone like Casper the Friendly Ghost could be the weakest spirit that remains undetectable and can do a possession. Or something like The Blair Witch, or the Grim Reaper from Frighteners, Sadako of The Ring, or Kayako with her curse from The Grudge.

Blair Witch out of all of these has the least amount actual "presence", so I don't think the composite can actually target or affect the Blair Witch with its powers... it would take some bit time for spell casting/rituals to be able to do anything to the Blair Witch, which should be enough time for the Blair Witch to do its esoteric mind-fuckery and killing.
    Last edited by Sophicles; 02-07-2020 at 02:56 PM.

Fantastic Member

Supernatural's God

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sophicles View Post
    It needs to be someone who is immune to Jasmine's love aura... so like a robot or machine or something that's beyond what Jasmine's powers can affect.

I nominate Janet of The Good Place.

Also, I don't know if Jasmine's aura can affect spirits/ghosts - beings who do not have brains or physical bodies.

If her aura cannot affect ghosts, then an spirit that can possess people or kill without being detected/targeted could potentially beat this being. This composite would need to know when and where to do Illyria's time stop, so if the composite cannot even detect their adversary, I'd say the spirit/ghost has a good shot before the composite can get one of Willow's spells off that can reveal/solidify the ghost.

In which case, I'd say someone like Casper the Friendly Ghost could be the weakest spirit that remains undetectable and can do a possession. Or something like The Blair Witch, or the Grim Reaper from Frighteners, Sadako of The Ring, or Kayako with her curse from The Grudge.

Blair Witch out of all of these has the least amount actual "presence", so I don't think the composite can actually target or affect the Blair Witch with its powers... it would take some bit time for spell casting/rituals to be able to do anything to the Blair Witch, which should be enough time for the Blair Witch to do its esoteric mind-fuckery and killing.
    Janet or The Judge from The Good Place seemed like excellent choices to me, you beat me to them.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

I don't know if it was directly stated, but Angel being affected made Jasmine's aura seem mainly contingent on having a soul. So I'd bet on it getting ghosts but not robots. It also seemed reliant on actually SEEING her, so anyone that's blind might get a pass.

Do puppets count as live action? Can I say Lóu Zhèn Jiè from Thunderbolt Fantasy? He's proven completely resistant to a very similar aura, from his own sword, and since he's using that very sword, there's a solid chance of it mesmerizing at least a couple members of the opposing team. He should be fine power-wise, but speed is likely a problem, so whether he can win or not would really depend on how effective Seven Blasphemous Deaths' own aura is. It certainly worked instantly on anyone who could see it while it was being wielded in the show. If it doesn't at least throw the other team into disarray, then he gets overwhelmed by their collective speed and powers. But given that the magic swords in this setting were largely forged to fight things like Illyria and that Seven Blasphemous Deaths is one of the more powerful ones, I kind of expect it to work.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 02-08-2020 at 06:41 AM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Other choices:

David Haller
    Apocalypse
    Dark Phoenix Jean
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

The walking plot device Cole turner of Charmed.

Immune to mind control/love aura, dimension dumping, time stopping matter manipulation, and whatever else he picked up.

After all that, he survives long enough to do some of his own hack powers. Ilyria is the obvious big gun (also kinda immune to time stopping and DD'ing), but the rest most likely get killed/taken out in the first few minutes.

I would love to see this fight..