Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I still can't believe Jonah's new attitude, although I wish they won't turn him back to the old status-quo, but I believe Spider-Man needs to talk with Jonah and explain everything. I mean, Jonah needs to understand that things in the world are VERY complicated, especially when you enter in the world of spies and SHIELD. There are things you can't just reveal in a newspaper without putting a target on your head, so you have to do things carefully.

One thing that could suit Jonah's old style would be "Norman Osborn: Threat of Menace?". I mean, after everything Norman Osborn has done, how is it possible he keeps avoiding justice? THAT would be an interesting paper. Of course, it could make Jonah's life very dangerous, but it would be worthy.
    Yeah, that would definitely make for a great expose in or by the new Threats and Menaces. As for your other point, maybe that'll get addressed in the issue itself once it comes out.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

This was a good issue. The dynamic between Peter and Jonah is great here, and it's a worthy sequel to Zdarsky's now-classic "My Dinner with Jonah".

Spencer is reconstructing the old Spidey-Jonah dynamic in their present allyship and plausibly shows how both of them still have unresolved issues and more importantly allows Flat-Top to get his own in.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I recently re-read Rucka's Punisher, which had Nora in a supporting role. She was well written and interesting there.

I've never really cared for her in the Spider-books, although Phil's changing opinion of her (and her obliviousness) over the course of was their relationship was pretty amusing.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I recently re-read Rucka's Punisher, which had Nora in a supporting role. She was well written and interesting there.

I've never really cared for her in the Spider-books, although Phil's changing opinion of her (and her obliviousness) over the course of was their relationship was pretty amusing.
    She is far and away the best new character (or rather only good character) introduced in the BND era, and the one many writers have found a use for. Kelly Sue DeConnick made her the second protagonist in her Osborn series, and to me that's her best showing as character.

Astonishing Member

I wasnt expecting this to be this good, oh man, I love Jonah and I can see Jonah's points of being very valid, if Spidey had handled their past relationship better in the past instead of antagonizing Jonah and tried to reason with him, things could have gone differently i mean the points Jonah made are actually pretty sensible. i love his criticism about the whole team up rule where the heroes have to fight first in order to reach a agreement instead of actually talking first. and Peter in the past has done stupid stuff that he should have known better but his temper would get the best of him.
    Last edited by Rzerox21xx; 02-12-2020 at 08:31 AM.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    She is far and away the best new character (or rather only good character) introduced in the BND era, and the one many writers have found a use for. Kelly Sue DeConnick made her the second protagonist in her Osborn series, and to me that's her best showing as character.
    You're wrong! BND gave us... Wait a sec... that guy and... Menace? Nope... Well, Mr Negative was pretty cool at first... that dude who turns cars into slightly bigger cars...?

Fine, she may well be the best BND had to offer but maybe she's just the least bad.

Hey, I just remembered Freak! He was... oh no, never mind, he was bad, too...
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    You're wrong! BND gave us... Wait a sec... that guy and... Menace? Nope... Well, Mr Negative was pretty cool at first... that dude who turns cars into slightly bigger cars...?

Fine, she may well be the best BND had to offer but maybe she's just the least bad.

Hey, I just remembered Freak! He was... oh no, never mind, he was bad, too...
    I hated the Gonzalez siblings so bad that if they ever brought back i hope they would be in a creepy Lannister relationship just to make them even more unlikible lol.

Issue was good Jonah and Peter still have unresolved issues to work on. Jonah bring up some good points about Spiderman the city should love him by now
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Extraordinary Member

A lot of what Jonah said made a profound amount of sense, especially the part about Doc Ock. It took forever for anyone to realize something was wrong. You can call that bad writing, but it also points out that despite Spiderman's long history, he doesn't have the best reputation.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Eh, I like Mr. Negative and Overdrive, especially when Nick Spencer wrote him in Super Foes. Also think Paper Doll has potential, if they ever brought her back and expanded on the stalker bit. Anyways, yeah, good issue... Jonah made some fair points, especially at the Ock bit.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    A lot of what Jonah said made a profound amount of sense, especially the part about Doc Ock. It took forever for anyone to realize something was wrong. You can call that bad writing, but it also points out that despite Spiderman's long history, he doesn't have the best reputation.

Well, I mean. Peter was a ghost trapped inside SpOck's head. How could he have communicated?

I loved this issue. After Spiderman started feeling guilty for lashing out at Jonah, the face Jonah made as Spidey approached him made me lol. I loved this issue, and the new take on Jameson.

What's everyone's thoughts on the post story pages?

Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    Well, I mean. Peter was a ghost trapped inside SpOck's head. How could he have communicated?

I loved this issue. After Spiderman started feeling guilty for lashing out at Jonah, the face Jonah made as Spidey approached him made me lol. I loved this issue, and the new take on Jameson.

What's everyone's thoughts on the post story pages?
    I think he meant if Peter was more consistent regarding his attitudes and personality towards both the public and his friends, they would've realized much quicker it wasn't him.

It was good to see Jonah be able to call him out on something he actually did wrong. I do wonder if there's gonna be something else going on regarding all the Foreigner/Chance stuff, beyond just as a conflict for Spider-Man to punch.

That Overdrive story surprised me, wasn't expecting to see him again (though I guess it is Superior Foes so probably should've). I guess this indicates that Sin Eater is going to be a much more important force to this upcoming arc than we assumed.

BANNED

The comic really confirms Jonah's role as Spider-Man's guilty conscience, and the one who holds him accountable.

Because you see that Peter dropping in at the podcast was all smug and confident, lapsing back to his early AF#15 self. And then Jonah brings him back to reality.

Astonishing Member

Honestly Jonah being the type of friend to Peter in terms of telling you what you need to see yourself and whats holding you back and how to improve on it, in his own way. true friends arent afraid to tell you how it is with some productive criticism. sure he was in his Jonah way but yeah hopefully it would humble in improving himself. I think Peter needed that wake up call.

Extraordinary Member

The sad thing is, Jonah is truly the only one who could call him out like that. Other people, like MJ and even the Fantastic Four, are sort of fine to suffer through Peter's arrogance and just be a part of his life as best they can. And Peter works to incorporate MJ into his life as best he can, but MJ just can't yell at him to be better the way Jonah can.