Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Remember that Slott also had Jameson as a foolish and shallow character in Go Down Swinging. Spencer has done better with Zdarsky's vision than Slott did.
    Except he was written about the same level of his current character in GDS than he was in Spencers' stuff. Only difference is Spencer's written more and had the stories actually focused on Jonah, so they're obviously gonna be more substantial overall.

Honestly, you could make the argument that after the big blunder in GDS, and seeing Peter go to the lengths of even taking a bullet for his worst enemy, that his attitude and blunders in the current arcs are instead more of backtracking (I don't think so but I can easily see some thinking this)

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, I think we will see Jonah and Spiderman come to bigger blows later on, but that will probably be over one of Norah's more extreme stories

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Yeah, I think we will see Jonah and Spiderman come to bigger blows later on, but that will probably be over one of Norah's more extreme stories
    I have a feeling that Dan Slott might return the write ASM once again when Marvel does their shack up once again to make things fresh....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I have a feeling that Dan Slott might return the write ASM once again when Marvel does their shack up once again to make things fresh...
    Nope. The general rule has always been that once a writer finishes a run on ASM, that's it. He's done. There might be the occasional fill-in, some tie-in mini-comic at the back, but no second runs.

It's also the general rule for writers on Marvel titles. In the entire publication history of ASM, only Tom DeFalco did two runs, and his second run was more a result of the clone saga and its aftermath and a need to salvage than a vote for him.

Marvel might get another writer to step in, say Donny Cates who has voiced it as a life-goal and who is very young or, I dunno, Gerry Duggan who's earning a lot of love and respect for his Marauders.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Was a nice issue. I’m sort of really dying to get to this Sin-Eater story now, though. This second year feels like it’s dragging a little more as opposed to the first year (the lead up to Hunted and the event itself)

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Nope. The general rule has always been that once a writer finishes a run on ASM, that's it. He's done. There might be the occasional fill-in, some tie-in mini-comic at the back, but no second runs.

It's also the general rule for writers on Marvel titles. In the entire publication history of ASM, only Tom DeFalco did two runs, and his second run was more a result of the clone saga and its aftermath and a need to salvage than a vote for him.

Marvel might get another writer to step in, say Donny Cates who has voiced it as a life-goal and who is very young or, I dunno, Gerry Duggan who's earning a lot of love and respect for his Marauders.
    Al Ewing could be good, too. I still think the speech he had Spider-Man give about what it means to be an Avenger to the Inverted Avengers of AXIS in Captain America and the Mighty Avengers #3 was the pinnacle of how to write Spider-Man in relation to the rest of the Marvel Universe, as essentially the heart and conscience of the superhero community, the hero who's closest to the ordinary people in the setting and is in a unique position as still something of an outsider to speak truth to power, as it were. Like Green Arrow in Justice League Unlimited (and the comics).
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Al Ewing could be good, too. I still think the speech he had Spider-Man give about what it means to be an Avenger to the Inverted Avengers of AXIS in Captain America and the Mighty Avengers #3 was the pinnacle of how to write Spider-Man in relation to the rest of the Marvel Universe, as essentially the heart and conscience of the superhero community, the hero who's closest to the ordinary people in the setting and is in a unique position as still something of an outsider to speak truth to power, as it were. Like Green Arrow in Justice League Unlimited (and the comics).
    Maybe. I kind of don't see him fitting the voice for Spider-Man. And he's interested in the breadth and length and obscure parts of Marvel lore, like bringing in Timely and Atlas era stuff into continuity.

But he's more versatile than many thought, what with Immortal Hulk.

There are a lot of writers who are waiting in the wings for a shot to write ASM - Cates, Duggan, Ewing, Leah Williams, Saladin Ahmed, Tom Taylor, Benjamin Percy, Tini Howard, or...Ta-Nehisi Coates (which I doubt he'd write ASM since he's so busy with non-comic stuff and ASM as an ongoing is a full time gig as they come).

There's no need to bring Slott back.

Maybe. I kind of don't see him fitting the voice for Spider-Man. And he's interested in the breadth and length and obscure parts of Marvel lore, like bringing in Timely and Atlas era stuff into continuity.

But he's more versatile than many thought, what with Immortal Hulk.

There are a lot of writers who are waiting in the wings for a shot to write ASM - Cates, Duggan, Ewing, Leah Williams, Saladin Ahmed, Tom Taylor, Benjamin Percy, Tini Howard, or...Ta-Nehisi Coates (which I doubt he'd write ASM since he's so busy with non-comic stuff and ASM as an ongoing is a full time gig as they come).

There's no need to bring Slott back.
    I've liked what I've seen and read of almost all those writers, so any of them would be a good choice to follow Nick Spencer when he decides his time on ASM is up.

Fantastic Member

Oh man. A Donny Cates Spider-Man would BLOW MY MIND.
    "Mutationem Aeternum"
    Krakoan and Proud

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I can’t see Spencer wanting to go anywhere yet. I hope he’s on for a few more years, at least.
    If the stars aligned that when he finished his run and Cates was a little more free with his time, I’d be down.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Issue was good Jonah and Peter still have unresolved issues to work on. Jonah bring up some good points about Spiderman the city should love him by now
    That will never happen though. If the city grows to love him and he’s too successful as hero, then Fans will complain that distracts from the core of Spidey as a character. Look at how Peter as a CEO divided fans. Still, Jonah’s points were valid, and show how Peter is still an emotional loner all this years later. He hasn’t socially matured. However, Jonah hasn’t completely either. He also needs validation as much as peter does.

It would never happen in this era, but just imagine if they went the post-Clone Saga route and we got four Spidey titles, each with a different writer from the above list establishing their own tone and voice for their book.

-Pav, who'd want Cates on either Spec or Web of...

EDIT:

Amazing - Duggan
    Spectacular - either Percy or Ewing
    PP:SM. - Ahmed
    Web - Cates
    Last edited by Pav; 02-17-2020 at 07:19 AM.
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

My phone bricked and I'm outside of Burgerland until next week. Who wants to be the hero with the #40 thread?

https://monkeysfightingrobots.co/exc...hance-podcast/
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    My phone bricked and I'm outside of Burgerland until next week. Who wants to be the hero with the #40 thread?

https://monkeysfightingrobots.co/exc...hance-podcast/
    Shock it, I'll do it for once.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavenlyDemonic View Post
    That will never happen though. If the city grows to love him and he’s too successful as hero, then Fans will complain that distracts from the core of Spidey as a character. Look at how Peter as a CEO divided fans. Still, Jonah’s points were valid, and show how Peter is still an emotional loner all this years later. He hasn’t socially matured. However, Jonah hasn’t completely either. He also needs validation as much as peter does.
    yeah u are right I remember how many hated the idea of Peter being rich even though he wasn't. But how can Peter mature socially if ultimately he isnt allowed to be well liked?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy