Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Love seeing Jonah, but felt like this was just a re-hash of the same JJJ-Spidey interaction that we've already had. Story is starting to feel stretched out and it feels like we're gonna have to wait a few more months to find out anything more on Kindred. 40 issues just to find out what Boomerang was up to in FCBD. Something with substance needs to happen soon. Getting MJ back would help.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    yeah u are right I remember how many hated the idea of Peter being rich even though he wasn't. But how can Peter mature socially if ultimately he isnt allowed to be well liked?
    I know. It’s a problem that Marvel has never managed to solve. Deep down, Peter is an emotional loner, not a social loner as everyone likes to think. Sure, in the beginning, he struggled with loneliness, but that’s not the same as actively avoiding connecting to people. That’s why I loved his time on the new avengers. He grew socially, formed close friendships with Iron man, Cap and especially Wolverine, of all people. It was great

BANNED

yeah u are right I remember how many hated the idea of Peter being rich even though he wasn't. But how can Peter mature socially if ultimately he isnt allowed to be well liked?
    Personal Maturity has nothing to do with social favor or acceptance.

"To the rest of the world, I was a loser today. Just a clown in a costume. I should be angry, frustrated, smashing my fists into walls! But...I don't feel that way. I did what I had to do. I know that. And somehow, that's enough. Well, I'll be. Take yourself a bow, Peter Parker. I think you just became an adult."
    — Closing thought bubbles. Amazing Spider-Man #297, written by David Michelinie. (1988)

That was the Pre-OMD Peter that Michelinie and JMS wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Personal Maturity has nothing to do with social favor or acceptance.

"To the rest of the world, I was a loser today. Just a clown in a costume. I should be angry, frustrated, smashing my fists into walls! But...I don't feel that way. I did what I had to do. I know that. And somehow, that's enough. Well, I'll be. Take yourself a bow, Peter Parker. I think you just became an adult."
    — Closing thought bubbles. Amazing Spider-Man #297, written by David Michelinie. (1988)

That was the Pre-OMD Peter that Michelinie and JMS wrote.
    why cant writers build upon the previous writer character progression. Its like they had a vision of the character prior to writing them and decided to stick to it
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

BANNED

why cant writers build upon the previous writer character progression. Its like they had a vision of the character prior to writing them and decided to stick to it
    Not building on previous writer character progression is kind of the mandate at Marvel during the Quesada years, which has never really ended since the man is still there and has a big say in the books. The idea is to flatten the MU characters so that the continuity had a plateau and simple formula and set of motifs to fence it in. So new writers can come in and do their spin as they wish so long as it remains inside the enclosure.

The editorial edict is to say that it allows writers more freedom to play with the toys without breaking them but I think that’s just BS and spin. It’s also marketing driven. You now have a set of simple cues and signs by which you can identify and then sell different runs of different writers. Easier to market, easier to sell, and promote.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by frizb View Post
    Love seeing Jonah, but felt like this was just a re-hash of the same JJJ-Spidey interaction that we've already had. Story is starting to feel stretched out and it feels like we're gonna have to wait a few more months to find out anything more on Kindred. 40 issues just to find out what Boomerang was up to in FCBD. Something with substance needs to happen soon. Getting MJ back would help.
    Stuff like this is what you get when a writer has a story to tell, but probably from start planned to have some sort of conclusion in issue 50 and then realize he has to fill a lot of issues with... something. Certainly isn't like the old days when a story like Gwen Stacy's death could appear all of a sudden in issue 121 without any extensive build up to that story, and the only hint at something shocking would happen was the cover for that issue.