Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default What DC hero or villain has your favorite super power or ability?

Not talking about your favorite hero or villain but who has your favorite or most interesting super power or ability?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Dick. I should've paid more attention to gymnastics.

Not that I was amazing or anything but I enjoy it out of all sports besides swimming, and I have the body type for it. I don't really pay attention to sports in general so I didn't know that gymnasts are usually short. No wonder I was better at it than my friends who prefer soccer. Could've used the boost of confidence too, but gymnastic isn't in any of the extracurricular. Probably because I went to an all-boys school and it's considered girl stuff, I don't know.

So I just quit sports, and nowadays I'm too stiff from computer works.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Flash's superspeed, but not so much for the sheer power of it but more for the subtle tricks and psychological aspects.

He also happens to be my favorite hero, I came for the power & look but stayed for the men underneath.

BANNED

The coolest to me is probably a power ring simply because it grants you access to just about any environment.

Superman - flight. Who doesn't wish they can fly?

Boisterously Confused

Probably the Atom. I loved the whole weigh-nothing-weigh-it-all nature of his powers and what he could do with it.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Superman's flight

Ultimate Member

Chameleon Boy Shapeshifting sounds awesome, particularly as it opens up so many cool possibilities to explore the depths of the ocean, or fly the friendly skies, or whatever. (Martian Manhunter just adds a thousand other powers and would be vastly superior, but I thought I'd stick to someone with *one* power.)

Vixen Similar to Chameleon Boy, can fly high, swim deep, run fast, whatever. Plus the tons of interesting sensory powers, opens up new worlds of information.

Brainiac 5 Ah, to be a million times smarter...

BANNED

Definitely Flash,

Animal Man would be up their as well I think he’s a step up on Vixen and Beast Boy

I liked the Waterhand and Poseidon Blessing incarnations of Aquaman powerset wise and definitely would love any power ring I could get a hold of

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Probably the Atom. I loved the whole weigh-nothing-weigh-it-all nature of his powers and what he could do with it.
    Definitely a cool aspect.

Hmmm a few people already went Flash or Green Lantern, so I'm gonna say Firestorm. Personally I just really like the concept of being able to manipulate something and transform it on a molecular level. One minute the villains holding a gun the next its turned to bubbles, that is a fun power.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

I like the different powers e.g. Kole with her crystal powers and Terra with her earth powers.

It's different from the generic enhanced strength, hyper-speed, flying hero. Yeah, I know there useful powers...that's why so many heroes have them.

I LOVE animal abilities so Beast Boy, Vixen, and Animal Man. Extremely versatile so you're good in almost any situation.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

I really love the subtle nature of Duke Thomas' photokinetic powers, they are largely supplemental abilities that you have to be smart about using as opposed to the plug and play nature of a super strength or speed or flight.

on the more traditional flashy side, I would love to have Black Lightning's style of lightning abilities. i was just thinking about the versatility of his lightning, he can amp his physical abilities, control external electricity, and manipulate the properties of his lightning? that's dope as hell! like who doesn't want to be able to produce a rainbow cornucopia of different lightning!
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 02-07-2020 at 09:00 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I'm gonna say technopathy, like Hank Henshaw and Cyborg.

You sit back and think about that for a second, and what you could do with that. Hunting down criminals with spy satellites and drones, blowing up terrorist cells, even leaking information that reveals the corrupt....it isn't touching the barest part of what you could do. Control elections? Hold nations hostage? Control nukes? You could destroy the global economy and build a new one within a day. You control information you control everything.

It'd be cool to fly, but....I'll just surf a military drone.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.