Page 1 of 64 123451151 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Wonder Woman’s daughter, Trinity, to be introduced in ‘Wonder Woman’ #800!

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/05/12/wo...r-trinity-800/

It was revealed today that Wonder Woman #800 will introduce Wonder Woman’s daughter Trinity in a story set in the future. Revealed exclusively via IGN, the story sets up Wonder Woman #1, which will pick up in the present day.

Written by Tom King with art by Daniel Sampere, the reveal shows off a brand new costume drawn by Sampere in red, white, and blue. She also appears to have three lassos that are black, white, and gold. And is that black lasso glowing white?

“Hard to remember exactly, but I think I stole at least the first spark from Mitch Gerads, the brilliant artist whom I’m blessed to work with on so many things,” King said to IGN. “Mitch had a great idea for doing a sort of all ages short story to follow up on our Mister Miracle series where Jon and Damian would be babysitting Scott and Barda’s kid, Jack. This got me thinking about the son of Batman and the son Superman as older brother babysitters and how really the person they should be looking after is their little sister, the daughter of Wonder Woman. I have three kids, two of whom are close in age and then one who’s 5 years younger than those two, so I’m very familiar with this dynamic and its potential for comedy and drama. Super sons…and daughter. It was the kind of thing I’d want to read with them at any age. So, after I had that idea in my head, I couldn’t get it out.”

King went on to say he’s modelling Trinity after Damian and Jon Kent in many ways. He continued, “This was a model for the impact we wanted for Trinity: someone who could reflect the greatness of Wonder Woman and still show a next possible step for the ideals embodied in that very impactful and very unique hero. And maybe more important than all of that, is that Jon and Damian are so great together: Pete Tomasi and Patrick Gleason gave us endless gold with Super Sons. For Trinity we wanted someone who could play in that same sandbox, who could add to that chemistry.”

Retailers have until May 21st to order Wonder Woman #800, an extra-sized milestone issue that hits comic book stands on June 20th.

In regards to the name, Trinity, King said it’s thanks to podcaster Darrell Taylor who suggested the name.

“Darrell is a super comic fan and I’ve been bouncing ideas off him for a decade to try to see what works and what doesn’t,” King says. “I had gone through fifty very bad names when he said ‘Trinity’ and it just fit perfectly. She’d have three lassos; she would complete what Jon and Damian had started; she wasn’t another Wonder Woman, she was something new; and also, it was just cool. It’s nice to have nerdy friends.”

I'm disappointed, I really wanted Lyta and Hector to come back to the comics!
    Last edited by Lucas 35; 05-12-2023 at 06:14 AM.

Okay so it’s not just a reboot of Fury where they say she’s existed but Diana forgot her because she’s immortal. Future story isn’t a bad thing, seen it plenty of times.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Well, let's be honest, after Damian and Jon success it was just a matter of time.

Extraordinary Member

What are the odds she’ll eventually come to the present day like the new Helena Wayne in the current Justice Society ongoing?

Fantastic Member

Wonder-Woman-800.jpg

Trinity's costume sort of reminds me of Yara's costume. Perhaps that's intentional. Maybe she's learned from her mother and her aunts Donna, Nubia, Artemis, Cassie, and Yara. Three lassoes, including a black one. I wonder what the black one does and if it belonged to someone before Trinity.

Anyway, this is an idea that I always wanted to see explored given how DC really never gave shape to Diana's future lineage. Like, it's weird how the Amazons and Diana's descendants never showed up in Legion of Super-Heroes.

Anyway, I'm open to this idea. I just hope she doesn't become like a third wheel to Damian (who is treated like a god by DC) and Jon (who is actually a really good character).

What you all think? Steve's daughter?

Honestly, I'd be more impressed if Diana made her from clay.
    Last edited by HotBoy; 05-12-2023 at 06:41 AM.

I am insanely excited about this! Can’t wait to meet Trinity.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    What are the odds she’ll eventually come to the present day like the new Helena Wayne in the current Justice Society ongoing?
    Her story somehow sets-up Wonder Woman #1, and they seemingly make her debut as a big deal, so, I guess there's 99% chance, even though no idea how they're going to do it.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I don't hate it and the look is decent....

My only thing is: ANOTHER DAUGHTER!? We couldn't reboot Lyta? (I know....writers want to create their own characters for variety of reasons)

Extraordinary Member

A few more thoughts.
    She has inherited three lassos: Diana’s, Donna’s and ???

Her costume is a purposeful mashup of Diana, Donna and Yara. Cassie too I think.

This is getting a lot of buzz already in the last 30 minutes online, so I guess this was smart if it boosts Wonder Woman sells.

It sucks for Lyta. But from the recent Stargirl miniseries, we know Helena the Fury still happened, so she is still Lyta’s mother in continuity. Not Diana.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Well alright we are finally doing this.

As all things I hope this turns out well and she proves to be a likable character.

And hey 3 lasso's, maybe she uses them Zoro style eh?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I don't hate it and the look is decent....

My only thing is: ANOTHER DAUGHTER!? We couldn't reboot Lyta? (I know....writers want to create their own characters for variety of reasons)
    But what if her real name is Lyta? So far, we only know her codename. Trinity is her codename, right? Or is it her actual name?

Fantastic Member

A few more thoughts.
    She has inherited three lassos: Diana’s, Donna’s and ???

Her costume is a purposeful mashup of Diana, Donna and Yara. Cassie too I think.

This is getting a lot of buzz already in the last 30 minutes online, so I guess this was smart if it boosts Wonder Woman sells.

It sucks for Lyta. But from the recent Stargirl miniseries, we know Helena the Fury still happened, so she is still Lyta’s mother in continuity. Not Diana.
    We see the lassoes in the image. Is it Donna's it seems white not blue and do we know anybody who has a black one?

Hope she is made out of clay

Edit: forgot the lasso of persuasion is white/silver also
    Last edited by Skytten; 05-12-2023 at 06:49 AM.

If she was made of clay she wouldn't need to be from the future. That's the reason Diana didn't have a kid sooner, having her pregnant would put her out of action for a while, and it obviously can't be so easily retconned like it was for Batman and Superman, so unless they're going to have Donna or Artemis take the mantle as they have before, or give it to Yara as was clearly the 5G plan, they couldn't do it.

I'd guarantee it.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member
    Last edited by Skytten; 05-12-2023 at 07:05 AM.

Incredible Member

My guess King's run will explore Diana, uh, having her daughter? I wonder how they'll approach that tbh Born from clay? Pregnancy (doesn't really have to involve a guy tbh, it's a story with literal magic)?