Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    I'm bummed that Todd used the classic Bronze Age/Jose Luis Garcia Lopez DC style guide art on the packaging, but just repainted his own weird mash-up design of WW instead of giving us the real deal. How he can put a figure next to an illustration that clearly looks nothing like it is beyond me LOL.
    I agree. Both of the Wonder Woman figures from the Super Powers line are mash-ups of various WW costumes. She has the Pre-Crisis shorts, Donna's Wonder Girl belt, the Post-Crisis bracelets, and the Rebirth tiara & emblem. I have them both along with the Invisible Jet. I'm really hoping they release Cheetah and Giganta soon.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Awww - nice!

I thought I'd resurrect this thread (since it keeps disappearing) and see if anyone has picked up new (or old) Wonder Woman merch!

Thanks to Todd, there's a new invisible Jet for the Super Powers line, though it looks a tad small, in my humble opinion. Has anyone here picked it up?

https://netdna.coolthings.com/wp-con...ible-jet-1.jpg

And now there's a new Dodson-era Wonder Woman figure as well (not that I'm a fan of the scale).

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F_O1OCBW...g&name=900x900

Lastly, Marvel has released their Power Princess figure, and pretty much everyone agrees she's a perfect base for a 6-inch scale Diana...if you like customizing that is.

https://toynado.ca/cdn/shop/files/5f...p?v=1696370079

The Jet is pretty awesome. My original SP Wonder Woman fits perfectly ( and is more deserving than that McFarlane WW)
    There was concept art from Kenner for an Invisible Jet, and it's similar in size and proportion to what Mc F ended up doing

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    LOL! Apparently there was another figure (and card art).
    http://www.wonderwomanmuseum.com/meg..._77-1-back.jpg
    This photos here are the initial samples and are modelled on prototype dolls.

The image from the back of the box would be closer to production. They are modelled on actual dolls and look pretty much like the outfits that were produced ( tho they are very rare and were only available in Canada, sadly)

I'm glad Nubia was included in the line. She was really the only way to bring diversity to the line, and I'm guessing listing her as a "super foe" just played up the super hero aspect ( and just sort of exaggerating her " rival" status) Plus a whole lot easier than trying to explain her lineage in the toy line...lol

Regarding the play sets, there were several designed but none of them were ever produced. I don't think there was enough interest in them from store buyers, so they never got made.

The " commercial" with the big yellow playset isn't a commercial, but more of a " sizzle reel" that Mego would have shown store buyers at Toy Fair. Note how the dolls are early prototypes, costumes are not quite right, etc. plus they use the WW theme ( never used in the actual doll ad) and the voice over is pretty amateur hour.

Incredible Member

Now that I own a Dodson DC Direct WW, I have to say I'm a bit surprised at all the love the figure gets. The face is nicely sculpted and painted, but a touch "cold" expression-wise. And, as is typical of DC figures, it has poor articulation and basically has to stay in one position or risk wearing out the knees. Plus, she really quite thin, unlike the art she's based on.

Definitely one of the nicest-looking figures of Diana, but not the perfect WW figure people claim it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Not making Cheetah(the main villain in the film) would be a huge mistake. Heck, even Max Lord should get a figure.
    Seriously hate that film, WW84, but agreeing with Doc on all of the above.

I completely understand why people would want to see a feminist heroine like Wonder Woman wearing pants. It is certainly more practical, I just haven't seen any designs that actually feel like 'Wonder Woman' to me and include pants...
    My Mego Pocket Superheroes WW was built like a gorilla, had big man-hands like the boy figures and flew around in an invisible jumbo jet, with detachable wings, ..that I made out of an emptied, plastic soda bumper. It was huge! She could haul half the Legion in that thing. She was all set!

Even today...I can't help but feel like covering her up is a betrayal of the spirit of this character, ..as a TOY or a drawing - much as it would be and is for Submariner, Tarzan, Conan, John Carter, He-Man, Ka-Zar and the rest of the wild, fantasy-inspired male heroes. Wonder Woman's nudity is as symbolic and powerful, as any of theirs. She comes from a land, ruled by free women - affirmative and celebratory of women's bodies in all shapes and colors and ages (on TV), where women's bodies are SAFE from rape, exploitation and toxification -why in Hades do we keep rushing to cover all that marvelously gyno-utopian aspiration up?

Just so she can stand next to the male superheroes and be similarly respected, ..as if being feminist is being or looking more like men? Still bowing to male-created standards? If we can't all look at Wonder Woman and Huntress in toy form or comic illustration and appreciate their extraordinary beauty, while simultaneously respecting them as heroes or inspiring characters, ..correct us.

Let little girls and grown women have their wild, avenging, half-naked Amazon fighting for freedom, love and justice ..in places only wild men would dare to go...Wonder Woman! Change us, ..the rest of the world. We're wrong.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 02-06-2024 at 09:06 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Now that I own a Dodson DC Direct WW, I have to say I'm a bit surprised at all the love the figure gets. The face is nicely sculpted and painted, but a touch "cold" expression-wise. And, as is typical of DC figures, it has poor articulation and basically has to stay in one position or risk wearing out the knees. Plus, she really quite thin, unlike the art she's based on.

Definitely one of the nicest-looking figures of Diana, but not the perfect WW figure people claim it to be.
    I imagine most are just happy they finally made a mostly standard WW that isn't some alternate costume she wore for one issue while he made 50 different variations of regular Batman.

I have Mattel's DC Rebirth Wonder Woman and unless you're really big on 7 inches, I haven't seen anything in McFarlane's offerings that makes it better.

Incredible Member

Oh no...I'm not speaking about the recent McFarlane figure...I'm referring to the DC Direct version that came out...gulp...18 years ago or something?

This one:

The new one Todd just released obviously has better articulation, but I dislike the scale and colors and some of the sculpt. So the DC Direct one wins out, even though I'm still surprised at how beloved it is. I mean, it's long been the most expensive WW figure on the secondary market...but you can't do anything with it beyond what you see of it in the package.

ah, my mistake. The recent McFarlane one is also based off Dodson's art so I got a mix up.

Incredible Member

No worries at all Actually, it surprised me to discover there are several figures of the Dodson design. The DC Direct one I was mentioning, the brand new McF version, plus this other one:

...and yet almost zero Perez Dianas. So weird, isn't it? I mean, yes, there's the DC Universe Classics one (too skinny) and I think there's the original DC Direct one in the smaller scale that qualifies...but otherwise, it really hasn't been made much. Except for the Phil J Infinite Crisis version, which is close enough.

Astonishing Member

Mine is in storage, but it's the best version of Diana to date, IMHO. Todd needs to put more effort into his female figures -- especially Wonder Woman.

Recently got the superpowers Invisible Jet and McFarlane's 7-inch WW.

Incredible Member

Great display...and if they happen to tip and fall, it's not a long drop!

Really wish we had another Circe figure in a more traditional costume though. It's so sad she's the only we've got after all these years...

Incredible Member

Hahaha! Very cute

I wonder if we'll get a Cheetah figure (finally) in the current Super Powers line. Todd at least made an Invisible Jet. Maybe a Cheetah or Dr Cyber or Angle Man could be next?