Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What would you like to see out of a Marvel vs. Capcom 4?

You may be aware that Marvel vs. Capcom 2 is making a surprise appearance on the EVO main stage, which has many like myself alerted to a possible new game announcement because that's the ideal place for it and it was such an unexpected game that came out of the blue, combined with it being the last game revealed anticipating the surprise.

I had given up on hoping for the game, but now it really looks like it might be happening. I thought I'd share, and see what you guys would want out of it?

With that said, I'm going to make a wishlist for MvC4. Feel free to join.

Story
    The story is a loose adaptation of Secret Wars where God Emperor Doom has combined two worlds together on Battleworld, forcing the heroes to band together and stop him and his reign.

Gameplay
    The ability to choose between 1v1, 2v2 or 3v3 type matches.
    Both Infinity Stones from Infinite and X-Factor return, but players must choose between one or the other.
    Special team combos based around character dynamics.
    Special intros between characters, such as pairing up Iron Man vs. Captain America and getting the Civil War shot.

Presentation
    Art style more like 3, with the stylized look, but cleared up more without all the black outlines and of course updated for 9th gen.

Modes
    Story: Original story where two worlds collide once again.
    Arcade: Fight through eight CPU teams until you reach the final boss.
    Versus: Fight a single CPU or player team.
    Training: Make the best of your team, learn new moves and combinations.
    Challenge: Complete a set of challenges to earn Tokens used to unlock stuff.
    Store: Buy alternate costumes, fight cards, titles, and other possible goodies here.

Ranked: Matches here contribute to your stats in the leaderboard.
    Casual: Matches here are unchecked and in rooms up to eight.
    Tournament: Compete in a tournament complete with a bracket.
    Replay: Watch previous matches and other fights for your entertainment.

Roster

58 character base roster.

Marvel

Returning from Infinite: Black Panther, Black Widow, Captain America, Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange, Hawkeye, Hulk, Iron Man, Rocket Raccoon, Spider-Man, Thanos, Thor, Ultron
    Returning from 3: Deadpool, Doctor Doom, Magneto, Shuma-Gorath, Storm, Wolverine, X-23
    Returning from 2: Cyclops, Gambit, Psylocke
    Newcomers: Daredevil, Emma Frost, Green Goblin, Magik, Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan), Spider-Man (Miles Morales)

Capcom

Returning from Infinite: Arthur, Chun-Li, Dante, Firebrand, Frank West, Jedah Dohma, Mega Man X, Monster Hunter, Morrigan Aensland, Ryu, Sigma, Strider Hiryu, Zero
    Returning from 3: Akuma, Albert Wesker, Amaterasu, Felicia, Phoenix Wright, Trish, Tron Bonne, Viewtiful Joe, Virgil
    Newcomers: Ada Wong, Asura, Bass.EXE, Batsu Ichimonji, Leon Kennedy, Regina, R. Mika

I know there would definitely be DLC, but I decided not to include that yet.
    ----

Anyways, if they announce Marvel vs. Capcom 4 at EVO after the MvC2 tournament is complete, what would you want to see from it?

I’m not too picky on story and if the gameplays not broke, don’t fix it, but I’ll be honest I don’t really care for the Capcom side hogging up half a roster. If I had to pick some though I’d say change up Megaman again (.Exe is the best one, fight me) and someone like Asura is long overdue. Captain commando deserves to return as well.

For the Marvel side I kinda expect them to be boring and just do a bunch of movie avengers, Xmen, and probably some of the teen heroes. Personally I’d try to get a little bit of everyone so you get those guys, some street levels (Blade, Moon Knight, Daredevil are long overdue and should’ve been in before Ironfist, fight me on that too), some cosmic guys/flying bricks (Surfer, Spectrum, Blue Marvel etc), maybe sneak a Thunderbolt in there because dammit I deserve something. Also feel like we should get at least one of the new Agents of Atlas type characters. I can visualize movesets for White Fox, or Swordmaster, but it’d probably be Cho, Silk, or Aero if one actually got picked

Ummmm other than that I only ask they bring Ghost Rider back and fix him because they never really do the character justice imo, especially mvci with the stock image skull and still frame penance stare. It shouldn’t be hard to make a flaming skeleton in leather look cool Capcom.
    Taskmaster should return because I said so.
    Shuma Gorath should return even if he has to replace Strange. It doesn’t feel right without Shuma Gorath

I don't like that the capcom characters seem to be so infinitely powerful and in comparison the marvel characters tend to be limited in most of their available stunts. even on "easy" setting it gets aggravating dealing with a lot of the capcom characters as adversaries.

by default I guess you would "have" to have a 50 50 split, but I'd much more prefer an all Marvel roster produced by Capcom. that's what I'd want instead.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Actually include characters who have been created in the past decade instead of making it a copy-paste of MVC3 and to match the MCU.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Bring back the X-Men and also utilize newer Marvel heroes who have never been in. Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Luke Cage, Blade, Nightcrawler, Doc Ock...they should all be here.

BANNED

I’d bring in Black Bolt I think he’d be fun but as far as the OP I like what was listed

I want at least two members of the Fantastic Four to finally be playable in the game.
    Last edited by Crimz; 02-08-2020 at 03:42 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Idk, Songbird?

I’d say Jennifer Kale but that’s even less realistic.

BANNED

Throw in Juggs as an X-Character now that he’s getting a series lol. I don’t know if he’d play too much as Hulk though

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I want at least two members of the Fantastic Four to finally be playable in the game.
    I think everyone but Ben would be fun to play as lol. He’s too much of a brick. I’d pick Sue just more female representation myself

This is a roster I tried coming up with:

Marvel:
    Spider-Man
    Venom
    Hulk
    Thor
    Iron Man
    Captain America
    Hawkeye
    Black Widow
    Black Panther
    Doctor Strange
    Captain Marvel
    Ms. Marvel
    Wolverine
    Storm
    Magneto
    Deadpool
    Captain Britain/Psylocke
    Juggernaut
    Doctor Doom
    Shuma-Gorath
    Gamora
    Star-Lord
    Rocket Raccoon
    Thanos
    Ghost Rider
    Blade
    Daredevil
    Punisher
    She-Hulk
    Gwenpool

Capcom:
    Ryu
    Chun-Li
    Cammy
    Akuma
    Rashid
    Jill Valentine
    Albert Wesker
    Chris Redfield
    Dante
    Lady
    Nero
    Morrigan
    B.B. Hood
    Anita
    Ruby Heart
    Amingo
    Arthur
    Phoenix Wright
    Frank West
    Mega Man
    Tron Bonne
    Mike Haggar
    Amaterasu
    Viewtiful Joe
    Strider Hiryu
    Monster Hunter
    Captain Commando
    Gene
    Asura
    Saki Omokane

Marvel

Miles Morales

Silk

Black Cat

Monica Rambeau

Blue Marvel

Justice

Human Torch

Invisible Woman

Kamala Khan

Iceman

Swordmaster

Cloak and Dagger

Wave

Nico Minoru

Chase Stein

Karolina Dean

Capcom

Leon Kennedy

Ada Wong

Jake Muller

Nero

Lady

Lucia

Gene

Samanosuke Akechi

Rashid

Laura Matsuda

Menat

Rose

Cammy

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Probably a better use of story mode. Ultron/Sigma, Umbrella experimenting on the symbiotes and Thanos vs. Jedah were good ideas but damn they wasted that.

More obscure characters from Capcom like they did with MvC2.

Replace Hulk with Thing ffs.
    "Cable was right!"

Spectacular Member

Daredevil.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Probably a better use of story mode. Ultron/Sigma, Umbrella experimenting on the symbiotes and Thanos vs. Jedah were good ideas but damn they wasted that.

More obscure characters from Capcom like they did with MvC2.

Replace Hulk with Thing ffs.
    No chance that Hulk isn't in.