Default Tom Paris vs Han Solo

Tom Paris (VOY) vs Han Solo (SW)

They pilot equivalent star-craft with which they are equally familiar.

* Scenario #1: They enter at opposite ends of a star system, seek each other out, and then battle.

* Scenario #2: They have to pilot their craft through an area of space peppered with obstacles (asteroids, mines, hostiles, spacial anomalies, etc) and cross the finish line first.

* Scenario #3: No star-craft, unarmed HTH combat.

Standard arena rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    Tom Paris (VOY) vs Han Solo (SW)

They pilot equivalent star-craft with which they are equally familiar.

* Scenario #1: They enter at opposite ends of a star system, seek each other out, and then battle.

* Scenario #2: They have to pilot their craft through an area of space peppered with obstacles (asteroids, mines, hostiles, spacial anomalies, etc) and cross the finish line first.

* Scenario #3: No star-craft, unarmed HTH combat.

Standard arena rules.
    Does Tom Paris really have feats to come even close to Han Solo in a spaceship battle? I don't recall anything but I haven't watched all of Voyager.

HTH may be different. I don't recall Paris having lots of HTH feats but neither does Solo. Unless he did in his "solo" movie but I don't remember all the details.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Does Tom Paris really have feats to come even close to Han Solo in a spaceship battle? I don't recall anything but I haven't watched all of Voyager.
    It's been a while since I rewatched Voyager, but I recall they were often involved in firefights, and Tom Paris was usually the pilot, both of Voyager itself and the Delta Flyer.

He has feats, seven seasons of them. Don't know whose relevant feats are more or better.

(I like these unusual match-ups that nevertheless seem to fit.)
    Last edited by Shai-Hulud; 02-08-2020 at 11:07 AM.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I mean, it's kind of difficult to say how their dogfighting skills can even be compared to one another.

IIRC, the Millenium Falcon's guns have to be manned and manually fired by a relatively human-level being (who is not the pilot), which would mean that Star Wars space battles would have to be taking place at roughly fighter jets level speeds and distances. Meanwhile Star Trek ships have the computer do the targeting and firing, with the pilots only telling it when to fire from a stationary position in the cabin (as opposed to needing someone in a turret that manually swings around to face the target to manually pull a trigger), allowing them to fight at much greater speeds and distances, even though SW ships seem to have much greater maximum speeds.

It's like a race between the best cowboy and the best unicyclist, where both people have time to familiarize themselves with riding a horse on a unicycle.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 02-08-2020 at 11:20 AM.