All-New Member

Default The loading speed of Comicrack

Hi, I am new here. Sorry if I posted in the wrong sub. I saw a similar thread being posted here.

Does anyone has issue with comicrack when there are large amount of pages in the book? ~200 files. 1.x mb each. It seems comicrack can extract the 7z really fast if the zip has 1x files. But the speed goes down by a lot when there are a lot of pages. Most of the time they need to crawl (extract?) the pages and thumbnails during the import. At first, I think I can simply crawl everything and I can read them smoothly in the future. However, the cache is gone after half of the day and it crawls everything all over again which leads to a long wait.

Am I doing something wrong? I already set a big value at thumbnail and page cache setting. Or am I suppose to break down a thick book and import them by chapters ( 20 pages ) for a faster run? And what about if I want to read the comic at another PC. How do I transfer those cache there?
    It is nightmare to crawl everything over and over again.

Thanks
    Last edited by AnonymousX; 02-08-2020 at 04:03 AM.

Did you try posting this on the ComicRack forums on the ComicRack website?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by doolittle View Post
    Did you try posting this on the ComicRack forums on the ComicRack website?
    They are gone
    Last edited by AnonymousX; 03-16-2020 at 01:03 PM.

Eek. Alright. I'm guessing you're out of luck with getting any advice. Could just be an issue of Comicrack going a decade without active development.