Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Really appreciate this fight now. It's Wing Chun vs. Wing Chun. Favorite part is the butterfly knives section.

"I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

One of the aspects of the Raid that made it great was that times it felt like a horror movie. The cramped quarters, the machetes, there is something scary about this fight. I feel that Rama doesn't necessarily win the fight but rather survives it. Check it out:

"I am a man of peace."

This tussle between Daredevil and stick always stayed with me.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

This tussle between Daredevil and stick always stayed with me.
    An excellent choice. Reminds me of this scene:

Now I already posted it a couple of pages ago, but it's still so cool. It's a contrast of styles between Daredevil and Bullseye. Hear that Bullseye is appearing properly in the new Daredevil series. Looking forward to that.
    "I am a man of peace."

Of course, need to give love to DC. You know it, I love it, here is the Batman warehouse scene:

"I am a man of peace."

Xena had some great fights. Case in point:

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Of course, need to give love to DC. You know it, I love it, here is the Batman warehouse scene:

Yeah man that scene is definitely up there.

An excellent choice. Reminds me of this scene:

Now I already posted it a couple of pages ago, but it's still so cool. It's a contrast of styles between Daredevil and Bullseye. Hear that Bullseye is appearing properly in the new Daredevil series. Looking forward to that.
    Season 3 had the best fights.

Really appreciate this fight now. It's Wing Chun vs. Wing Chun. Favorite part is the butterfly knives section.

Yes, but both men have different styles of Wing Chun learned from different teachers and different schools. Or sub-styles, if you prefer, since Wing Chun is a style of Kung Fu.

When both men broke their staffs, Ip Man's staff was a bit longer. Ip man only lost one butterfly knife, while his opponent lost both knives. So Ip Man wins both staff and knife contests.

Ha, great to see someone resurrect this thread! Been thinking about posting new fights for a while.

If you haven't checked out Warrior on Netflix, please do so. Here is one of my favorite fights, Ah Sahm vs. Leary. It's pretty, it's brutal, it's amazing!
    I was really enjoying this. WB is just axing everything. Not sure Netflix is very likely to revive it with them cutting back too.

Shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Yes, but both men have different styles of Wing Chun learned from different teachers and different schools. Or sub-styles, if you prefer, since Wing Chun is a style of Kung Fu.

When both men broke their staffs, Ip Man's staff was a bit longer. Ip man only lost one butterfly knife, while his opponent lost both knives. So Ip Man wins both staff and knife contests.
    Good points. Didn't get the subtleties before. That's what I liked about Ip Man 3, this acknowledgement of there being other lineages of Wing Chun besides Ip Man's.

As an aside, I mentioned this before, but one of the other reasons that I liked this fight was because of the quiet. What I mean by that is that it wasn't so much about ego but obligation in the midst of hardship. Ip Man's wife in the movie is dying because of cancer so moments between the two are so important. I liked how earlier in the film Ip Man decided to go dancing with his wife rather that answer a challenge match. That's good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    I was really enjoying this. WB is just axing everything. Not sure Netflix is very likely to revive it with them cutting back too.

Shame.
    It's been picking up steam. It's been in the top ten lists of Netflix shows internationally for several weeks now. There's a diehard fanbase and the cast and crew are passionate about it. I'm ready for anything, but hopeful as well.

In any case, here's another great fight scene from the show, Ah Sahm vs. Li Yong. Need to have a rematch between these two:

"I am a man of peace."

Movies rarely show how exhausting a sword fight would actually be.

It's been picking up steam. It's been in the top ten lists of Netflix shows internationally for several weeks now. There's a diehard fanbase and the cast and crew are passionate about it. I'm ready for anything, but hopeful as well.
    Well, here's hoping.

spoilers:
    Left Chao's fate up in the air there. Hope he's still around if they save the show.
    end of spoilers

Warrior is on Max, not Netflix. It was cancelled and brought back for season 3. So maybe a chance for S 4. Of course the a$$hoIe at the head of Max loves to cancel shows people love.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Well, here's hoping.

spoilers:
    Left Chao's fate up in the air there. Hope he's still around if they save the show.
    end of spoilers
    Season 3 left a lot of question marks. Crossing my fingers that we get answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Warrior is on Max, not Netflix. It was cancelled and brought back for season 3. So maybe a chance for S 4. Of course the a$$hoIe at the head of Max loves to cancel shows people love.
    Warrior was cancelled at Max, but has since moved on to Netflix. All three seasons are available there. The actors have been pushing heavily for season 4.

Last Warrior clip for today is Zing vs. Li Yong. Zing is played by the legendary Dustin Nguyen of 21 Jump Street. Already in his 60s and still able to do fight scenes like this! What it's great about it is Zing's swarmy demeanor. It's menacing and hilarious at the same time. Check it out!

"I am a man of peace."