Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    In no particular order:

Pretty much every fight Shredder was involved in in the 2014 Ninja Turtles movie. Plus Turtles vs Krang in the finale of the sequel.
    Blade vs Nomak in Blade 2.
    Hellboy vs Nomak, er, Prince Nuada, in Hellboy 2
    Dom and Brian vs Fenix at the end of the 4th Fast and Furious movie
    Daniel vs Chozen in Karate Kid part 2
    Aquaman vs Black Manta in Aquaman
    Resurrected Superman vs the Justice League in Justice League
    Hal Jordan vs Sinestro (training) in Green Lantern
    Riggs vs Vorstedt in Lethal Weapon 2
    Riggs and Murtaugh vs Wah Sing Ku in Lethal Weapon 4
    Drax vs Ronin in Guardians of the Galaxy
    Griffin vs Roland in Jumper
    Black Dynamite vs Richard Nixon in Black Dynamite
    Eric vs Top Dollar (final fight) in The Crow
    Avengers vs Thanos in Wakanda in Infinity War
    Cap, Tony, and Thor vs Thanos in Endgame
    Alita vs, well, every fight she was in actually, in Alita: Battle Angel
    Angel vs Hamilton in the series finale of Angel
    Alice vs Isaac in Resident Evil: The Final Chapter
    Sam Flynn vs Rinzler in Tron: Legacy
    Optimus Prime vs Megatron and The Fallen in Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
    Optimus Prime vs Sentinel Prime and then Megatron in Transformers: Dark of the Moon
    Bumblebee vs Dropkick and then Shatter in Bumblebee
    Selene vs Marius in Underworld: Blood Wars
    An excellent selection of fights, bro! One of the fights that really struck me is the Daniel vs. Chozen fight from Karate Kid Part II. I'm just going to come out and say it, this fight is better than the Daniel vs. Johnny fight from Karate Kid because of the brutality. Hands down, Chozen had to be the best of the fighters Daniel went up against and his brutality comes out here. Daniel really earned the victory here. Crossing the fingers Chozen comes back season 3 of Cobra Kai:

"I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    An excellent selection of fights, bro! One of the fights that really struck me is the Daniel vs. Chozen fight from Karate Kid Part II. I'm just going to come out and say it, this fight is better than the Daniel vs. Johnny fight from Karate Kid because of the brutality. Hands down, Chozen had to be the best of the fighters Daniel went up against and his brutality comes out here. Daniel really earned the victory here.
    Yes. In fact what made it seem more "real" was Mr. Miyagi yelling "Daniel! This not tournament!"

Crossing the fingers Chozen comes back season 3 of Cobra Kai:
    I've been...hesitant, in watching the Cobra Kai series cause it ruins my head-canon of Daniel and Kumiko eventually getting married and having kids (I really liked Karate Kid part 2 ). And its my understanding the show ignores (though doesn't contradict) the events of parts 2 and 4 (well 4 I can understand). But a Google search says Daniel is going back to Okinawa for season 3, so its possible...

I don't know how busy Tamlyn Tomita is (she's recurring as Commodore Oh on Star Trek: Picard), but if they can't get her to make a cameo, I'll tune in. I'll see the show eventually anyway regardless.

Speaking of The Karate Kid...here's a weird situation where I like this fight, but I understand why it was cut:

The movie mirrored a lot of things from Part 1, and I guess this was supposed to mirror the beginning of part 2 where Mr. Miyagi clowned Reese...but an entire fight? It overshadowed Dre's victory.

Still cool as hell though.

Banshee has been mentioned in another thread, but it deserves a mention here, too. Truly brutal scenes, and for the most part well choreographed. A bit over the top though like with most scenes how much damage soak the characters have.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

One of my favorite fight scenes from Enter the Dragon, the hallway fight with the guards. There are hand to hand and weapons featured prominently here. Plus, if you look closely, you'll see the up and coming stars of Hong Kong martial arts cinema featured here as well.

"I am a man of peace."

This clip really breaks down parts of the Enter the Dragon Hallway fight. I didn't know how much trapping Bruce was doing here. I certainly didn't know there was a groin shot in the scene as well! Take a look!

"I am a man of peace."

"I am a man of peace."

Extraordinary Member

Donnie Yen and Mike Tyson, pretty damn good.

Really got into Jackie Chan during the late 90s, early 2000s. I was especially a fan of Shanghai Noon. Man, used to watch that DVD dozens of times. Now, there's a lot of comedy in this yes, but still some good old school Kung Fu fighting as well. Indeed, the weapons' scene between Jackie and the other imperial guard was done because the director knew they couldn't out-Matrix the Matrix at this time. So, they went back to old school Kung Fu film choreography. I think it was a great decision!

"I am a man of peace."

The infamous ladder fight scene from Jackie Chan's "First Strike." A think a lot of people thought that Jackie was so talented in using ladders, which he is. What's really cool is that in the outtake section of the film, you saw how many times Jackie injured himself with that ladder! Goes to show that the most perfect scenes aren't done in one take, but rather take time and effort.

"I am a man of peace."

One of the best Chinese weapons' scene EVER made in found in "Legendary Weapons of China." This scene features the incomparable Lau Kar Leung, a real martial artist who choreographed and directed some of the best martial arts films in Hong Kong cinema history. The sheer level of weapons on display here in this scene is staggering. Honestly, count the number of seconds (and sometimes minutes) before the cut in the scenes. That's how many movements that these two performers had to know in between takes.

"I am a man of peace."

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

One might say totally badass.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    One might say totally badass.

Sweet clip. Been a while since I've seen it. I remember getting a little disoriented when I first saw it, but seeing it again, I understand how the scene conveyed the frenetic and fast-paced nature of Kurt.
    "I am a man of peace."

Classic scene from Mortal Kombat. This is the famous Scorpion vs. Johnny Cage fight. Originally, it was supposed to end in the forest, but test audiences hated that ending. So, the extra fight scene in Scorpion's lair was added and damn, it delivered. That fight was intense and the fatality/friendship at the end was perfect. Showed you how good Johnny was.

"I am a man of peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post

After Drunken Master II, this has to be my favorite Jackie Chan fight. The thugs are pretty brutal though still confined within the parameters of Jackie Chan's choreography. The shattered glass, the motorcycle, and of course the slide down the long pole towards the end are great. However, I'll always remember the sweet tornado kick that Jackie does in this scene.

Also, glad to say that I lived just a few streets away from Wing On Plaza, the mall that was featured in Police Story when I was in Hong Kong. Bought a couple of household goods when I went there!
    As great as that fight was, all I could think when they got to the Matel section was "My sister had that Barbie Dream Mansion!"

[QUOTE=Osiris-Rex;4824427]Supergirl vs Reign, Season 3 Episode 9.

I think that might be my favorite fight scene of the whole series so far. It was inventive, brutal, and showed just how outmatched Kara was against Reign.

As for Arrow, I think one of my favorites is the hallway fight in season 1 when Oliver went to rescue Walter:

Last edited by AnakinFlair; 03-24-2020 at 08:03 PM.