Mighty Member

Default 'Locke & Key' on Netflix

Based on the best-selling graphic novels, Locke & Key written by Joe Hill, illustrated by Gabriel Rodrígue

Anyone watching?

Watched the first three episodes enjoying it so far.
    Last edited by ZuLuLu; 02-08-2020 at 11:58 AM.

Mighty Member

Sorry seems like the link no longer goes to the first 10 minutes video but the trailer.

It didn't show a lot

I didn't read the graphic novel so I don't know if it stayed true to it.
    Last edited by ZuLuLu; 02-08-2020 at 11:57 AM.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Didn't realize it had dropped already. I will be watching the first ep this weekend.

Astonishing Member

Finished it. I knew nothing of the show and background coming into this. I mean I liked it I guess.
    My only "issue" really which I just had to get over was people just buy into the "keys" and the "magic" so easy in this world

It’s was ok. Gets distracted from its concept too much.

I watched the first 3 episodes and am enjoying it so far, although i was thinking it would be scarier - not expecting gore, but i would've thought there would be more jump scares or creepier settings.

Took me awhile to recognize the older son from Falling Skies, that was bugging me throughout the 1st episode.

Agree with the earlier observation that (at least in episode 1) the older kids are all too ready to accept that magical stuff is going on.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

This was the only thread I found on this show. Are the members here just not watching it?

I finished up S2 yesterday and it has been granted a Season 3.

I enjoyed S2 and hope we've seen the last of Dodge. I'm wondering how Bode and Nina are going to keep exploring the keys if that one scene near the end is any indication.
    Tyler is turning 18 in a few weeks so when we see him in S3 he'll be an adult and like others not be able to recall magic. I suspect they resolve that one by a few episodes in surely.
    Rufus has his mom back and it is still unclear to me how the Sea Cave battle with Dodge allowed Elle(disguised as Dodge) to emerge but hey, it happened.

S3 looks to have a very villainous Echo for the Locke's to contend with and how that ties back to the Bennett's and their history should prove interesting.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I think it's an okay series. Enjoyable enough to binge, but kinda disposable. I thought the actress for Dodge in S1 was a lot better than nerdy kid Dodge so that didn't help.

The villain set up for S3 seems good though and I like how they've been building up the mythology, adding enough to it each season to keep it interesting.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I've been meaning to watch it.

I just finished watching the Season 3 Series finale of this show.
    I've bought the HCs of the series and plan to read that now. There are 3 volumes from the "first run" of stories. I understand after a break they've come back and done some more.

Anyway, as a show I really liked this and feel that overall it wrapped up very well. I thought there might be some plot elements left unresolved but thinking on it those can be explained away with the "adults forget magic" angle and explain it away.

Solid show, sorry to not have seen more discussion on it.

I seriously turned off the show during the wedding episode when the mom just left a key on a table, and then the kid decided to try out the Time Travel key by himself right before the wedding despite almost dying when they tried the snowglobe key. Characters acting that stupid just turns me off. I will probably try to get through the season at some point, but I hope the bad writing doesn't drag it down too much.

I agree leaving the Plant Key just sitting there was lazy writing. It had to happen so Gideon could get it and use it later and that was the best solution they had.
    Bode is just a cocky stupid 13yr old kid.