Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    Yeah, I agree. I said earlier that I think "mutant" works as a slur for metahuman, and leave it at that. The distinction between mutants and those who gain powers through other means like Spider-Man or Flash is... I mean frankly it's cosmetic.
    I'd also probably just consider The Flash or Spider-Man mutates as opposed to mutants/metahumans in the first place. They both get their powers due to outside source and influence, whereas metas/mutants are born with the affinity for their powers.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    Yeah, I agree. I said earlier that I think "mutant" works as a slur for metahuman, and leave it at that. The distinction between mutants and those who gain powers through other means like Spider-Man or Flash is... I mean frankly it's cosmetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I'd also probably just consider The Flash or Spider-Man mutates as opposed to mutants/metahumans in the first place. They both get their powers due to outside source and influence, whereas metas/mutants are born with the affinity for their powers.
    Well, I'd keep the distinction only to continue the idea that "mutants" are supposedly seen as the next evolutionary step in the development of Humankind, and thus the fear and loathing of them by normal humans (who have to be given superpowers by outside means).

Any thoughts on uniting the upper cosmology of both universes? Is Galactus an exile from Apokolips? Are Asgardians constructs of the local astral plane, or other-dimensional aliens? Is the Phoenix a manifestation of the White Lantern Light?

Not particularly a fan of any of these ideas, but it's a place to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    The meta-gene activates in life-threatening situations. Sometimes it's from birth, but usually the power you get comes from a mixture of your comic book origin and the fact that you were already a meta but didn't know it, and anybody potentially could be a meta-human. If Spidey was a DC character, he'd be a meta-human.

It's like a mixture between mutants and mutates.

I still hate the word mutate though. It's just barely different from mutant, has no substantive difference in connotation or literal meaning.

I would just unite all three under one umbrella.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Incredible Member

Okay, more "stuff".

* The truth behind SHAZAM! is that it's more than an acronym for the gods; it's also represent a Kree formula that the scientists of Hala discovered in their quest to create their own version of "super-soldiers".
    * The SHAZAM! represents an ancient energy field that used to be a heroe of Urgrund, before the destruction of the Third World. Rather than dying, the Hero was reduced to pure energy, that existed outside normal space and time.
    * A Kree scientist escaped to Earth, fleeing from a purge caused by the Supreme Intelligence (more on who this Supreme Intelligence really is will be revealed), and poised as a wizard to the ancient humans. Seeking to one day free his people from the SI, the scientist chose a orphan boy to become his protector. Thanks to the SHAZAM! formula, the scientist took the qualities of powerful beings locally (since the Kree version of the formula tied directly to the Supreme Intelligence). Thus, upon saying the name "SHAZAM!", the boy becomes the embodiment of the ancient Hero, known as "The Champion".
    * The Champion has his adventures, which ends with the death of the Kree scientist while containing a Kree bio-weapon known as "The Three Faces of Evil" within a structure dubbed as "The Rock of Eternity" (which will serve as both a place to watch over future evils that are contained within).
    * Fast forward, the Champion becomes the Wizard, and the rest is history (i.e. the Marvel Family).
    * Mar-vell of the Kree is one of these Kree super-soldiers that the SI creates (he's the Kree version of Captain America), but rebels and becomes the champion of Earth as its protector. The rest is history.
    * Eventually, the Captain Marvel and Captain Marvel meets, after the original Marvel Family disappears (thanks to Doc Sivana's Suspendium).
    * Monica Rambeau becomes Captain Marvel, after the death of Mar-Vell, thanks to the Weapons Plus Program's attempt to tap into the same energy field that the SHAZAM! formula is connected to.
    * Kree version of the SHAZAM! formula and the Earth version of the SHAZAM! formula are related, but different (the Kree version is more sophisticated, and emphasizes in energy manipulation, while the Earth version is "boon" based).
    * Eventually, a cosmic event forces both "houses" to unite, resulting in the death of the Wizard, the "promotion" of the Golden Age version of "Captain Marvel" becomes the Guardian (of the Rock of Eternity), and the birth of the Marvel Corp. (Carol, Monica and Freddy Freeman, etc.)...defender of the RoE. As such, the Marvel Corp combines aspects of both magic and science, given each member unique energy manipulation powers, while given each immense physical prowess (based on an Earth patron).
    * Also, SI is really "Mister Mind", based on the "Wizard of Oz" concept.

That's about it on this bit. I did my best on combining elements of the Captain Marvels. The alternative would be to separate this into two completely concepts, with no relations whatsoever. It that is the case, then I would go even back, and simply call the original Captain Marvel "Captain Thunder" (like he would have been), and simply have the Thunder Family do their own thing. Meanwhile, Mar-vell and company would do their thing as the "Marvel Family" (or "The Marvel Corp"), and they would do their own thing as well, separate from the Thunder Family. Makes it easier this way.

Anyway, feel free to comment either way. I will admit that this part is a bit messy, mostly I was brainstorming on the fly. Improve it if you want.

More to come later.

Tbc.

Justice League: Superman, Captain America, Falcon, Ms. Marvel (Carol Danvers), Iron Man, Green Lantern, Ant-Man, Wasp,

Avengers: Batman, Hulk, War Machine, Flash, Namor, Hawkeye, Hawkman

Champions: Wonder Woman, Thor, Black Panther, Hercules, Shazam, Aquaman, Dr. Strange, Vixen

Outsiders: Spider-Man, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Black Lightning, Huntress, Blade,