Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
It seems to me that the AoA were actually trying to infiltrate and investigate with them defending the people...not the institution...but that is just my $0.02.

And as far as Reed chipping Franklin...he is his father and it is his responsibility to protect his child. I see that as no different than parents who track their kids phones and monitor their social media. And if a parent says you can't go to such and such...you don't get to go.

I think one of the things we seem to forget in the MU...there are a whole lot of super powered minors running around putting themselves in danger wither with (Nova) or without (Ms Marvel) their parents knowledge as if this would be a perfectly acceptable thing IRL.
And Spider-Man himself at the very beginning of the modern Marvel Universe, who if J. Jonah Jameson had had his way back in the day would have definitely been outlawed. It was why he worked so hard to keep his identity a secret, the trauma he feared inflicting on his ailing and then-recently widowed Aunt May should she find out, especially with the likes of Jameson and law enforcement having painted Spider-Man and his actions in the worst possible light. That said, if we're gonna talk heroes being shady going back to the beginnings of the MU, then technically Peter conned Jameson into paying him for selfies by omitting the truth that he was Spider-Man, and letting Norman Osborn go free after seemingly losing all memory of his actions as the Green Goblin despite the danger he posed to everyone around him, including his own son, who was also an acquaintance if not friend of Peter's, wasn't good, either. Oh, and also technically, the Spider-Slayers were as much his fault as Jameson's, because in the comic where the Spider-Slayers debuted, Peter egged him on to take Spencer Smythe's offer so he could humiliate him as Spider-Man and then get him to pay for the pictures of said humiliation as Peter. A morally dubious move in retrospect that led to a lot of pain, misery, and death for both him and Jameson over the years.