Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by sutekh View Post
    accepting *any* sort of vigilante-ism seems kinda shocking, really. Spider-man leaves a bunch of guys webbed up to a lamp-post with a note for the cops? Those dudes would be free to walk as soon as the webbing deteriorates, because you can't 'arrest' someone by tying them up and leaving an anonymous note for the police that you caught them doing crime. And they've got an assault case, possibly even kidnapping, if they were carried somewhere while bound. Bang, spider-man's now wanted by the cops.
    and that's why spider-man is a menace!
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    and that's why spider-man is a menace!
    Threat or menace? You decide!

J. Jonah Jameson is impartial like that.

Spectacular Member

I don't mind Marvel getting a bit dark, but Hickman's New Avengers title was largely the characters issue after issue discussing the morality of destroying other Earths to save their own. It made me so depressed that even though I've liked some of his past work like Fantastic Four, I've sworn off anything else from him in the future. I like feet of clay but there still needs to be a sense of "No, we'll find a better way. Not even up for discussion" for stuff like that.
    Adminstrator,
    Who Watches the Watchers - Forum for the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe & Similar Works
    https://whowatchesthewatchers.boardhost.com/index.php

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andy E. Nystrom View Post
    I don't mind Marvel getting a bit dark, but Hickman's New Avengers title was largely the characters issue after issue discussing the morality of destroying other Earths to save their own. It made me so depressed that even though I've liked some of his past work like Fantastic Four, I've sworn off anything else from him in the future. I like feet of clay but there still needs to be a sense of "No, we'll find a better way. Not even up for discussion" for stuff like that.
    But in the end, things were saved and there was something of a happy ending.

But yeah, the X-fans don't want to admit that Hickman is leading them to somewhere depressing, but he is