Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Like Vanisher,Elixir but my favourite is Mercury, I don't understand why she is never a member of this current X force .She is a living weapon almost invulnerable.I would put her on a superior footing than x-23.Mercury is incredibly underrated.If I had a mutant that I'd want to fight alongside it would be her most definitely.Hope the writers of Xforce include her in the team,toughen up her backstory and you have a super soldier

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Legion, North Star, CeCe Reyes, and Hellion
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Like Vanisher,Elixir but my favourite is Mercury, I don't understand why she is never a member of this current X force .She is a living weapon almost invulnerable.I would put her on a superior footing than x-23.Mercury is incredibly underrated.If I had a mutant that I'd want to fight alongside it would be her most definitely.Hope the writers of Xforce include her in the team,toughen up her backstory and you have a super soldier
    Mercury's got a great power, with a cool visual. She bores the crap out of me, as a character, but she absolutely could serve as a pillar of a team (*somebody* has to be the stable boring no-drama one, while everyone else takes the snarkmaster or edgelord or bubbly/zany niches!). Every team needs a 'Colossus' or whatever, who is kind of there for everyone else to bounce off of with their extreme personalities. It'd be exhausting otherwise!

Plus there's a delicious frission in 'the stable one' being a person whose physical form is amorphous and chaotic. She's been practical and dependable, pointing out when teammates like Julian are getting worked up and about to do something impulsive and stupid, but loyal enough to her friends to suit up and charge in with them, even if she thinks (busting Wither out of custody, for instance) is a bad idea. It's like as her body has dissolved around her into a chaotic fluid state, she has hardened up on the inside, and made her inner self a steadying influence, a solid core of 'self' for her unsolid body to pool around.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

M
    Psylocke
    Pixie
    Hellion
    Elixir
    Anole
    Indra
    Frenzy
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

M, Synch, Blink, Marrow, Artie & Leech, Hellion, Cecelia Reyes, non-Aaron Husk.

Do Bishop and Iceman count?
    Last edited by Bunch of Coconuts; 02-16-2020 at 08:40 AM.

Astonishing Member

Thank you Sutekh ,I couldn't have said it better,I just hope she gets her due in this Dawn of X reboot. I think Cessily could totally lead a team!

New Mutants

Magik
    Sunspot
    Mirage
    Cannonball

New X-Men: Academy X
    Rockslide
    Hellion
    Mercury
    Dust
    Surge
    Wind Dancer
    Wallflower
    Pixie

Others

Sunfire
    Warpath
    Spiral
    Last edited by ComeOnBunny; 02-16-2020 at 02:24 PM.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

StaceyX needs to be out in these streets fuckin.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Longshot. Hands down. One of my all time favorite characters, if not THE favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Buttocks View Post
    Longshot for me
    Thanks, guys

See you in the appreciation thread

ll.jpg

Krakoa is for lovers Blackphoenix's Avatar

Marrow

Zero (Generation Hope)

Transonic

Warlock when he briefly had his own comic book and Doug Ramsey's mind

Wiz Kid (techno morphing character)

Firestar

Threnody

Shard

Random

To name just a few.

Okay I will be the first to list Doctor Nemesis, he is the coolest old guy!
    James_Bradley_(Earth-616)_from_Cable_and_X-Force_Vol_1_1_cover.jpg
    And among the students my favorite is Pixie she's such a cute angel.
    img_2773.jpg
    All the new mutants are my fav and especially little rahne she's always a little princess to me!
    IMG_0412.jpg

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blackphoenix View Post
    Wiz Kid (techno morphing character)
    The last time I saw Wiz Kid, he was captured by Nastirih during the Inferno event and forced to create a 'spellchecker', a digital tome of spells, for the demon.

I remember thinking that this was pretty unique, almost Dr. Doom-esque, a character that was on the fuzzy edge of magic and science/technology, and he could take on a new role as 'the Steel Sorcerer' using a battlesuit animated by his powers (instead of animating a wheelchair/copter, he could animate a suit that actually *walks* and provides some protection as well!), while using his tech animation mutation *and* sorcery, joining characters like Forge, Ilyanna, Selene and Pixie who toe that line between mutant and mystic.

Since the sorcery he was forced to codify was pretty dark, he might tend to use nastier than expected spells, involving stuff like cutting his hand to activate blood magic or whatever, and put people like Forge off, while causing people like Ilyanna to nod approvingly.

Lifeguard
    Ariel
    Cecilia Reyes
    Hellion
    Penance/Hollow
    Fixx
    Archer
    Greystone
    Shard
    Threnody
    Transonic

Legion if he counts

Amazing Member

Its interesting scanning this thread to see what people consider 'non-mainstream', a lot of different choices.

My feeling is, if you were on the cover of Jim Lee X-Men #1, you are mainstream. If you were a focus in any X-Men movie, mainstream. Original X-Men, mainstream, a team member on the X-Men cartoon from the 90s, mainstream. Magik may get a status upgrade with that movie (glad she looks as she should).

My top five:
    1. Madelyne Jennifer Pryor - She was a member of the X-Men, check your back issues! One of my favorite characters! Glad the stuff with her went on before social media, think the story would of been nerfed today.
    2. Dark Beast - His paranoia hanging with the X-Men was fun.
    3. Magik - The stuff with her shows you X-Men can do all sorts of stories.
    4. Husk - Great powers, great character. Love her drive.
    5. Lockheed - The best sidekick of all time!