Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

There's non mainstream and then there's cult classics, like Dazzler and Maggott and X-Statix

Spectacular Member

Let’s see:

Sage
    Penance
    Forge
    Anole
    Marrow
    Reyes
    Northstar

Northstar (obvs!), Chamber, Cypher, Frenzy, Surge, Stacy X, and Aurora.

Honorable mention to Amanda Sefton, Lee Forester, the Stuart twins, and Stevie Hunter.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    Not counting villains i would define mainstream as Xavier, Cyclops, Storm, Wolverine, Jean, Emma, Iceman, Rouge, Gambit, Psylocke, Colossus, Beast, Nigtcrawler, Kate, Laura and, if you count him, Deadpool. Jubilee probably too.
    Saying this as an X-23 fan, I don't think she's there YET. While you can say "The girl from Logan" and people will be, "Ooooooh yeah!" she's still not one that casual audiences would be able to name the way that the O5+ are.

Fantastic Member

low key loved the Maggott and Marrow era. If Cannonball counts throw him in too.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Do Polaris, Magma, and Firestar just all hang out and cry together, I wonder?

Wolfsbane, don't know how to explain my love to werewolves hehe

I put a lot of thought into this one just trying to whittle the list down. I'll try to keep my list small and say in no particular order:

Monet
    Stacey-X
    Pixie
    Magik
    Moonstar
    Siryn
    Madrox
    Warpath
    Husk
    Chamber
    Rictor
    Marrow
    Wolfsbane

My favorites can change, depending on how much I enjoy the stories that they are appearing in.

Fantastic Member

Rachel Grey-Summers

Emma was right

I think a more interesting question would be why do you like these characters. Because I swear, for most of the characters mentioned here, I can't figure out the answer. It feels like people just like big multi-colored hair and cool powers, meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamall View Post
    I think a more interesting question would be why do you like these characters. Because I swear, for most of the characters mentioned here, I can't figure out the answer. It feels like people just like big multi-colored hair and cool powers, meh.
    I think that it's easier to fantasize about characters that are less defined. You could add what you want. (Mainstream characters, on the other hand, have too many definitions that contradict themselves.)

Shola for me. Why? Nice guy.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Madrox
    Legion
    Sage
    Polaris

People like different characters for different reasons.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Extraordinary Member

I posted this in the Firestar Appreciation Thread...

I love that for most of her history...she has been the non-X-Men mutant. Sure the 616 version first appeared in Uncanny 193 in May 85...then nearly a year later her limited series dropped. But From there she was in New Warriors, Avengers, Marvel Divas, her One Shot, Young Allies all before finally joining the X-Men....then even after Krakoa she appears more prominently outside of the X-Books in Absolute Carnage and Annihilation: Scourge.

She could be the one I am looking for to break ranks with Krakoa because of all her ties outside of the X-Men.

The only question is...considering she was working on an art degree...why was she not hired for art at the school when she joined the X-Men.

BANNED

I have quite a number of non-mainstream characters that I like.

Polaris
    Domino(though she is one of my top 5 favorite characters overall)
    Warpath
    Wolfsbane
    Forge
    Madrox
    Shatterstar
    Elixir
    Layla
    Blink
    Marrow(pre 2000s)