Default Weight loss questions...

So over the past couple of years due to illness, stress, and laziness I let my health go. I am now up to 274 pounds. I am starting a weight loss program. I talked with my doctor and came up with a program. I am going to start with 20 minutes of cardio and 25 crunches/sit ups 3 times a week. He doesnt want me to over do it when starting out.

I am also giving up Soda, ice cream, candy, and snack cakes. And am drinking a lot more water.

My questions are, am I doing enough to start? I feel like this is not enough. I did my exercises today and am a little tired but not super beat.

How can I deal with cravings for sweets?

Are those fat burner pills a good idea or are they unsafe?

Thanks in advance for answering.
    Favorite teams. Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Fat burner pills are usually a rip off. L-Carnitine is said to have a small effect, but they also can have side effects like damaging your blood vessels, and you don't want that.

I had some good results with 16-8 interval fasting. I didn't eat between 8 pm and noon. Lost about 2 lbs per week. Not very fast, but I found it easy to stick to. Those cravings for sweets are easier to stand when you know you can have the sweet in a few hours. By then you might not even want it anymore.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

You are on the right road with restricting Sugar. I've done the Keto diet and it's the fastest way to shed pounds. Essentially It's no sugar no bread.

Incredible Member TriggerWarning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    So over the past couple of years due to illness, stress, and laziness I let my health go. I am now up to 274 pounds. I am starting a weight loss program. I talked with my doctor and came up with a program. I am going to start with 20 minutes of cardio and 25 crunches/sit ups 3 times a week. He doesnt want me to over do it when starting out.

I am also giving up Soda, ice cream, candy, and snack cakes. And am drinking a lot more water.

My questions are, am I doing enough to start? I feel like this is not enough. I did my exercises today and am a little tired but not super beat.

How can I deal with cravings for sweets?

Are those fat burner pills a good idea or are they unsafe?

Thanks in advance for answering.
    Unless your training for a marathon you can't exercise your way into losing weight because exercise can actually make you hungrier.

Its all about diet and what you eat. So you can work out all you want but you won't lose weight if you just go eat crap food not longer after.

Try drinking apple cider vinegar or green tea. Both can burn your fat away.

Bro, you gotta LIFT!

Seriously, lift weights & you'll be astonished at how quickly you'll see results. At 274 pounds your already plenty strong from dragging that much weight around everyday. Big people are just naturally strong. First, you'll notice how quickly the strength comes from lifting. Then you'll notice how your stamina will become improved.

However, the fat loss will be done mostly in the kitchen. Keto is your ticket to being reborn hard in a hurry. Lift, eat protein, lift some more. You'll need smaller pants in just a few months.