Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Excalibur Omnibus?

I've done some looking around and it doesn't seem like Marvel has released or has any plans for an Excalibur omnibus edition. Given that I'm sure they've done Omnibus editions of less popular series, this seems strange.

My impression has generally been that Excalibur is fondly thought of by comic fans and I certainly liked it a lot.

Would anyone else be interested in an hardback omnibus of Chris Claremont and Alan Davis' (plus Alan Davis solo) run on Excalibur, or is it just me?

I'd like to see it but I wouldn't pick it up since I have the entire run anyway. But for someone who doesn't have them I think that it would be a great GN to buy.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

BANNED

I pray for an Excalibur omnibus every night before I go to bed.

I'd buy it in a heartbeat. It's one of the big unforgivable gaps in the omnibus/hardcover coverage, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by antiochene View Post
    I'd buy it in a heartbeat. It's one of the big unforgivable gaps in the omnibus/hardcover coverage, in my opinion.
    Even tho I have the whole run, if buy the omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by antiochene View Post
    Ditto. I can see why Marvel hasn't done a mega-collection yet, though. Excalibur was largely outside the rest of the X-Books; it's in no way essential reading, and most of the character and story developments that occurred during the series -- from Claremont to Ellis -- have been paved over or retconned. Plus, I'm not sure how well umpteen issues of the Cross Time Caper would go over in today's market. I'm pretty much the comics lending library for my co-workers, and none of them have made it through initial five TPBs just because the dimension-hopping is such a turn-off.

I'd but it. I'd buy it. Seriously Marvel, I'm here with money. Why won't you let me buy it?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Ditto. I can see why Marvel hasn't done a mega-collection yet, though. Excalibur was largely outside the rest of the X-Books; it's in no way essential reading, and most of the character and story developments that occurred during the series -- from Claremont to Ellis -- have been paved over or retconned. Plus, I'm not sure how well umpteen issues of the Cross Time Caper would go over in today's market. I'm pretty much the comics lending library for my co-workers, and none of them have made it through initial five TPBs just because the dimension-hopping is such a turn-off.
    That sounds logical enough. It's not 'xmen' enough for the casual readers who'd be curious, and the die hards already have the issues. I hear the omnibuses are expensive to make.

BANNED

It would be cool but honestly, I'd rather have a New Mutants or Generation X omnibus first.

BANNED

80% of it would be a waste of trees.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I'm pretty much the comics lending library for my co-workers, and none of them have made it through initial five TPBs just because the dimension-hopping is such a turn-off.
    I have no clue what they were thinking back that summer. New Mutants was in Snoregard, X-Factor was in a borefest and Excalibur was hoping through dimensions. UXM was destroyed yet fun, at least. They were perfect jumping off points for me too.

Last edited by Slicknickshady; 03-21-2020 at 04:14 PM.

Fantastic Member Captain Buttocks's Avatar

Looks great!

Sadly I just last year set myself a little project of picking up every issue in charity shops for less than a quid each, otherwise I'd be in on it

#49 feels like a very unfortunate place to stop it, since #50 is the end of that storyline, right?

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by akiresu_ View Post
    #49 feels like a very unfortunate place to stop it, since #50 is the end of that storyline, right?
    Yeah, seems a bit naff, especially as it’s not a cheap book.