Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yeah...I can't wait to see the Teleflor interact with and try to subvert Krakoa.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Every non-mutant marvel hero since OG Torch apparently?

Hatemonger yellow jacket and batroc
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Spectacular Member

I think the current crop of villains seem to be different groups, but they may all be part of ORCHIS (except for the grannies, I don't know what they're doing here...).

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

LoL I'm writing an article on this subject as we speak!

Get out of my head space Tycon....
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Nobody's Mentioning Mr Sinister? He's Pretty Clearly Scheming again as of the Incoming Oneshot.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Nobody's Mentioning Mr Sinister? He's Pretty Clearly Scheming again as of the Incoming Oneshot.
    After seeing Fallen Angel, I don't think he will be the villain, and he will be the leader of Hellion soon.

Quote Originally Posted by PotniaTheron View Post
    After seeing Fallen Angel, I don't think he will be the villain, and he will be the leader of Hellion soon.
    He could be A Villain. Maybe not THE villain. Also: We all forgot that Doctor Doom is a favourite of Hickman and could potentially feature as a Political Rival for Krakoa
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by PotniaTheron View Post
    I think the current crop of villains seem to be different groups, but they may all be part of ORCHIS (except for the grannies, I don't know what they're doing here...).
    I would fall off my chair if the grannies are running this whole show.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Of the threats established/reestablished thus far, I think Xeno are probably my favourite of the lot. They seem particularly menacing, and we've no idea what they're capable of.

I'm very much interested in the reach of ORCHIS, and what their endgame is. We've yet to learn why Karima is allied with them too. Have her motivations changed, or has her sentinel programming taken over once more?

I can only imagine that X-Factor, Hellions, Children of the Atom and eventually X-Corp will establish threats of their own. Overall I think the villain pool is an interesting one, and far different than the typical Brotherhood or Sentinel threat we've had recycled for years and years. I'd love to see these Wave Two books dig up the Reavers, Sublime & the New U-Men, Rising Sons etc.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I can only imagine that X-Factor, Hellions, Children of the Atom and eventually X-Corp will establish threats of their own. Overall I think the villain pool is an interesting one, and far different than the typical Brotherhood or Sentinel threat we've had recycled for years and years. I'd love to see these Wave Two books dig up the Reavers, Sublime & the New U-Men, Rising Sons etc.
    The way Hickman has breathed new life into the Children of the Vault, I'm down with him doing that with those you mentioned and others.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

I think that most of the Krakoa antagonists arent much fleshed out to be regarded as "Great" villains with respect to the likes of Bastion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    We still need a big one, most of them are organizations.
    All of the organizations have people in charge. The stories just need time to cook, For example Orchis has Killian Devo once he puts the heroes through a ringer in a meaningful then he might jump up into the pantheon of villains. But Organizations are what the X-men franchise need because most villains can't be Team killers like Apocalypse the best X-men villains get roflstomp by a decent team of X-men I mean individually Mystique,Sabertooth,Omega Red, Shaw, Magneto,Mojo, Sauron,etc get steam rolled. It is not an accident most of the creations are teams of people/organizations. The X-men need far more competent group threats than individuals.

I think one of the highlights of Dawn of X has been since most of franchise major villains aren't direct antagonist anymore. We have been getting more attempts at new villains and more important the big pay off stories won't necessary be featuring on of the classic enemies. Which means these villains/ antagonists will have time to grow into something interesting because they will get the impact storyline . The X-men have created two notable new villain since the 90s and that is Cassandra Nova and Bastion. The X-men is far to good of franchise to be always depending on Magneto,Mr Sinister,Hellfire club,Mystique, Apocalypse, Phoenix entity,The Purifiers or some random hate group, random reality warper(Legion,Nate Grey,Proteus) and Sentinels and some random advance sentinel. This period of creating new villians and them getting focus is a good thing.

Astonishing Member

I think children of the Vault are the most formidable so far especially when I look at Sarafina being on level 2 strength compared to her conquistador pod pals and all the other pods have level 2 inhabitants.Xeno also stand out as the best of the human threat since they really do think like mutant villains would with cloning Domino,luck being the most precious commodity in any plot .My favourite X-Men villain is Exodus and yet in Krakoa he is the calmest most noble and pretty reticent member of the council.Maybe being such a paragon KrKrakoan nobleman he will be the one with a justified axe to grind when Xavier and co start doing something nefarious

Astonishing Member

I wanted to throw this thread on a tangent,who is the mysterious mole who smothered the assassin on Krakoa.Shaw jumps to mind immediately, I have two other suspects as well Black Tom strikes me as a little to fanatical about Krakoa but sometimes I think he could be brainwashed maybe he is like those telefloronic infected guys but more like danger the android robot of the X-Men.If that is the case he could have directives invested in him he does not know about and executes without consciously knowing assuming Xeno hacked him. Collosus though still a new recruit comes from Russia which is against Krakoa in international fora so maybe he's not yet a true X man? Let us go through the people who could do this.Maybe the children of the Vault had a mole in Krakoa before the X-Men sent Darwin ,Synch and x23 to the Vault.Maybe it's one of the children because to imagine that Xavier,Jean and Emma can't see betrayal just seems too good to be true for this mole,he must be either cloacked from cerebro or he is a Chimera from the Vault maybe exhibits one primary power but is maybe has a secondary power of a precog to anticipate all threats posed by Xavier and co so he's in their blind spot always!
    Last edited by Rev9; 02-14-2020 at 02:45 PM.