Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
How sustainable was any of that? It was pretty much dropped after those writers left, and there's a movie out now where Harley Quinn runs the BoP.
Yeah, the New 52 screwed it up a lot, because for a long while it was pretty darn sustainable.

I'd rather not talk about what DC is doing with the Birds and Harley.
Besides that though, her character was largely a support staff for Batman and whoever was Batgirl. I love Cass Cain, but not at the expense of Babs- and those 2 are just so different that there's no reason why they can't coexist. "Awesome hacker" is such a generic character, it can be anyone.
But both characters are extremely important to each other. Babs was instrumental to Cass' character development and we got to see Babs as a mentor.

"Awesome hacker" is a generic character but writers wrote Oracle as being much more deeper and complex then that.
Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
Oracle should have been more then just a Batgirl supporting character. Again Steph nor Cass weren’t so important that it made their supporting characters important.
I mean, I think she was already important, being in Batgirl was just being prominently featured in a marquee Batfamily title.
And this is confusing. You want Barbara Gordon as Batgirl to live up to the potential and importance she had as Oracle. Which if I’m following is what, her own story as a supporting character in Batgirl and not needing to be a main character? Its cool that you don’t think Oracle needs to be a main character, but i think Oracle deserved to be a main character. Oracle should have been a progressing star and it pains me that enough others didn’t want that too. I wanted more for Oracle then her own story as a supporting character in Batgirl, or eventually just the same old BoP. Especially given what was going on with all the other characters around her.
I didn't need Oracle to be the main character in Batgirl because I saw her as the main character of Birds of Prey. Just because she wasn't out in the field busting heads in a traditional Superhero manner did not detract from that in my mind, and she felt like a much stronger character then some of the stories we've seen of her as Batgirl.

I mean, if anything Babs has regressed since coming back as Batgirl beyond being a normal Superhero again, or at least whatever progression she has is inconsistent.