Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The Pokemon Go Thread

I don't really know exactly what this is, but it's all over the news so it is hard to avoid.

Gotta Cath Them All!

Pokemon Go Explained: http://www.vox.com/2016/7/11/1212916...droid-ios-game

******Share your Pokemon Go Adventures and stories*****

Weirdest place you've caught a pokemon? Gym stuff etc. How many times you've been robbed or almost hit by a car etc.
    The J-man

Those Balls

When my husband first heard about Pokemon Go, he strongly asked me if I would download it onto my Tablet. I said no, my Tablet is several years old and I don't trust it's limited memory. Besides, I was never a big Pokemon fan.

Still, the idea of a game that makes you go outside and get some exercise in the sun and fresh air, they may be in to something.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post

Those Balls

When my husband first heard about Pokemon Go, he strongly asked me if I would download it onto my Tablet. I said no, my Tablet is several years old and I don't trust it's limited memory. Besides, I was never a big Pokemon fan.

Still, the idea of a game that makes you go outside and get some exercise in the sun and fresh air, they may be in to something.
    Meh! I don't need some silly game to go outside and get fresh air and exercise. Speaking of Pokémon Go, I heard a report on my local all-news radio station this morning that some players using the app have been mugged for the phones while others wound up in the E.R. with minor injuries from bumping into things while playing the game. All things considered, I don't think it's all that.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I just saw two groups of people on my installation out walking around together playing. Honestly, for now it seems like it's getting people to get out and socialize over a shared interest in a cultural phenomenon.

I've been playing it when I go for my lunch and health and wellness break. It's interesting and has me visiting places I've ignored before.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

I love meeting peeps while hunting for Pokemon. Sure everyone looks sheepish at first but we all smile and nod at each other anyway. It truly is the sweetest thing

Went into the gas station today, and of the 5 people inside only the attendant wasn't playing.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

BANNED

The Clinton campaign announced it will hold an official event on Saturday to register voters at the "Madison Park Pokestop & PokeGYM" in Lakewood, Ohio.
    http://edition.cnn.com/2016/07/14/po...or-pokemon-go/

BANNED

i would like it more if it didn't take a big dump all over people in smaller towns and force them to travel way too far just to have a chance at catching 1 pokemon

Officials: Man Shoots at 'Pokemon Go' Players Outside House

Authorities say a Florida man fired shots at two late-night "Pokemon Go" players in a car outside his house but no one was injured.

Flagler County Sheriff's Office spokesman James Troiano says in a news release that the homeowner awoke to a noise outside about 1:30 a.m. Saturday and saw a car sitting in the road in front of his house. He told authorities he got a handgun and approached the vehicle.

Troiano says the two teens in the car sped away and the man fired several shots at them.
    If you are out hunting Pokemon, in Florida, don't be surprised is someone decides to hunt you. Seriously, someone could have gotten hurt or killed.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Officials: Man Shoots at 'Pokemon Go' Players Outside House

If you are out hunting Pokemon, in Florida, don't be surprised is someone decides to hunt you. Seriously, someone could have gotten hurt or killed.

Wow people are stupid. You dont just drive up to random peoples houses.

Anywho. I like Pokemon but have no interest in the app. I'll stick to the 3DS games.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

I like how governments are asking nintendo to remove Pokestops
    The J-man

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

In another edition of People are stupid. Appearantly people are playing Pokemon Go in cemeteries now. *Facepalm*

http://comicbook.com/2016/07/30/vete...memorial-park/
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Some Pokemon Go trivia.