Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

I'm with Clark_Kent. A BoP sequel won't be a priority, but if the mutual finger-pointing at WB ends up pointing at marketing rather than production (and I'm firmly in the camp that poor marketing caused this movie to underperform, rather than the quality of the movie itself), then I can see another Harley Quinn movie coming, though likely with a smaller budget.

Another Birds of Prey movie is more unlikely, but I can see WB wanting to use them in other upcoming movies set in Gotham.

Now that I think of it: I now have two superheroes that I'd really would like to see make at least some appearance in WW84. The first is that Eugene Brave Rock returns as Napu (aka Chief). The other is that Dinah Lance's mother appears as the original Black Canary. Put Dinah as being born around 1990, and her mother born around 1965. That makes it plausible for Dinah's mother to have met Wonder Woman early in her career, give birth to Dinah, and then die while Dinah is still young enough to remember her.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    I'm with Clark_Kent. A BoP sequel won't be a priority, but if the mutual finger-pointing at WB ends up pointing at marketing rather than production (and I'm firmly in the camp that poor marketing caused this movie to underperform, rather than the quality of the movie itself), then I can see another Harley Quinn movie coming, though likely with a smaller budget.

Another Birds of Prey movie is more unlikely, but I can see WB wanting to use them in other upcoming movies set in Gotham..
    So basically, we're all expecting Harley to return with a movie, but none of the BoP.

Hmm, a white woman using several more deserving minority, female characters as a stepping stone to her own success.

Maybe this movie represents modern feminism more than I first thought

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    So basically, we're all expecting Harley to return with a movie, but none of the BoP.

Hmm, a white woman using several more deserving minority, female characters as a stepping stone to her own success.

Maybe this movie represents modern feminism more than I first thought
    Aaaaaaand, I'm out lol
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Birds of Prey Honest Trailer is out

I think in a sense this is trying to fix a problem they should haven't let happen. Robbie is the one who picked this film. I hope the current director is changed. I don't know RT has been multiple times shown to delete bad reviews. BoP could show up if they do things better

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I think in a sense this is trying to fix a problem they should haven't let happen. Robbie is the one who picked this film. I hope the current director is changed. I don't know RT has been multiple times shown to delete bad reviews. BoP could show up if they do things better
    Source for that?

What I do know is that Rotten Tomatoes has had trouble with filtering out dishonest (as in didn't see the film) audience scores, but that's a wholly different thing.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Bad reviews as in bad reviews, or bad reviews as in 'Why do we need more female heroine movies' kind of reviews?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

They'll probably wait until post-Suicide Squad 2 to take another shot at Harley.
    "Cable was right!"